Extension Of Stay Based On Having A Thai Child

Mario, as I reported in an old thread, when I obtained this type of visa extension in Phuket, I was not required to produce a khor ror 14 document (proof of legal custody). The immigration officer completed a form which asked questions such as 'did the officer think that I was fit to look after my son', and 'is the applicant able to speak Thai'.

My visa comes due for extension later this year. So I will see if I am able to extend it on the same basis.

Simon

Mario, as I reported in an old thread, when I obtained this type of visa extension in Phuket, I was not required to produce a khor ror 14 document (proof of legal custody). The immigration officer completed a form which asked questions such as 'did the officer think that I was fit to look after my son', and 'is the applicant able to speak Thai'.

My visa comes due for extension later this year. So I will see if I am able to extend it on the same basis.

Simon

Some immigration offices do, or even demand you have sole custody and show a court ruling to that effect.

Today in the morning I went to the Amphoe to get "khor ror 14". But they told me this has to be done at the court.

Because of the expiration of my visa I went to the immigration in Chaweng Wattana again without the "khor ror 14". But together with my daughter and girlfriend.

This time it was easy to get the 60 days extension.

This was required:

- 1x copy of birth certificate

- 1x copy of my passport (first page, non-immi visa, last arrival stamp)

- 1x copy of the house book with the pages from girlfriend and daughter

- 1x copy of ID Card girlfriend

- 1x photo

- 1x girlfriend