Iranian Man Arrested With 4.2 Kgs Of 'ice' Drug At Bangkok's Suvarnbhumi Airport

webfact

Legalise, tax and regulate.

Silly laws can't compete against this black market.

50/50 on that one, but I hear what you say. It's a war that will likely never be won.

Only thing is, would alcohol and cigarettes be legalised if introduced now? I doubt it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legalize Ice ? wow... not such a good idea mate

definitely not a good idea!

I'm with makescents. Prohibition has clearly not worked. Harsher penalties basically result in higher prices, poorer quality product (overdoses and harmful adulterants), and extreme criminal activity, while use remains widespread.

If the drug trade were legalised and taxed heavily (as alcohol and tobacco are), this would result in a massive tax windfall for the government. This could be plowed straight back into healthcare, rehab, and harm prevention. Thus, the junkies pay for their own treatment, and the criminal element disappears as a bonus.

What a muppet!! Smuggling drugs through Dubai & Thailand, 2 countries with probably the strictest drug laws in the world.

Oh well, another candidate for an episode of banged up abroad.

No. Not when compared with Laos, Malaysia and Singapore. Not even close.

right...no drug law is stricter than the singapore law

really ? what about china => death sentence for sure

I can see pot getting legalized,

but ICE... not on your tintype.

This stuff makes people psychos, and violent ones.

Glad the popped this idiot, still can't imagine why he was smuggling it

INTO Thailand... when so much comes down from up north and leaves the country...

a big question to answerr for sure.

And yes for want of a decimal point the haul gets 10 times larger.

no doubt 4.2kg and no chance 42kg.

Since that is WAY over weight limit,

unless you run an airline... :)

When you read of the generation of young teens and older victims being 'enslaved' by Ice in the USA alone (LA Times - stories daily), then perhaps you will reconsider your 'dopey' idea......

regards,

Brewsta

Transiting via Dubai? Does this mean his flight originated in Europe? I am predicting that this person will;

- Have had a flight originating from the UK or Netherlands

- Have either a UK or Netherlands passport, or maybe German

-The tipoff came from EU authorities and I bet it was UK.

It is extremely difficult for Iranians to travel outside of the country so I expect this was an iranian already in residence outside of Iran.

My 4 prdictions. let's see how good I am :)

As much as I am not comfortable with the death penalty, I wouldn't lose sleep over the penalty being imposed in this case.

for punishment they should make him ingest all 42 kg. and send him flying back to Tehran :)

What a marvellous idea.

he'll be able to float home unaided, but undoubtedly in a deceased state,methinks.

on the subject of customs inspections, we were recently reqired to open one of our 4 suitcases after the customs officer had hefted and assessed each one. We opened the case to show it was substantially filled by my wifes wedding dress, as we had just returned from our wedding in Oz. Suffice it to say that the officer looked suitably abashed and proferred his congratulations. Love them to bits.

I am pretty sure there are accomplices in the country. He should be pretty glad he didn't get nabbed in Dubai, or Iran for that matter.

what can be worse, now that he is in the thai system.... 5 years in the hilton and then a few jabs,... to put him to sleep!!!

poor soul is the living dead now.. no matter where!!

"following a tip off" what a classic ! the guy has been sold out while on the same plane 5 other guys went through with 10kg each ......

No doubt about it ! You hit the nail on the head ! It's a common ploy by smugglers. The Nigerians have taken to sacrificing their own and bringing out the big load with other sherpas. Maybe he was one of them?I am in Nigeria often. You can bring ANYTHING you want out of there with no search. ANYTHING! A small bribe of 1000 Naira, about $6.67 U.S. will get you through any inspections. They actually encourage it. Some come straight out and ask you for the money and then send you through. Not until the civilized world demands compliance from these renegade countries will there ever be a change in the drug problems.

Edited by alexandjing

I could not agree more! The key is to TAX and REGULATE, so you have to get a doctors note, and can get help if you need it! Laws never stopped anyone from doing this sort of thing, they only give another opportunity to thugs to make a buck. Anyway, to each his own... if you want to fry your brain and body, it's yours to fry... or ride without a helmet, etc, as far as I concerned.

Has anyone ever heard of a Thai being arrested at Suvanapum for bringing drugs in? I havent heared anything in headlines. Is it just there are more foreigner smugglers or that its better news to blame the foreigner?

thai do export, but to increase the chances they are using farang mules - thai need visas and are checked much more thorough than europeans/americans/australians.

on thai tv there are almost daily drug busts, but they don't make to the nation or forums, as they don't much concern farangs.

I'm with makescents. Prohibition has clearly not worked. Harsher penalties basically result in higher prices, poorer quality product (overdoses and harmful adulterants), and extreme criminal activity, while use remains widespread.

If the drug trade were legalised and taxed heavily (as alcohol and tobacco are), this would result in a massive tax windfall for the government. This could be plowed straight back into healthcare, rehab, and harm prevention. Thus, the junkies pay for their own treatment, and the criminal element disappears as a bonus.

Why not? Will everyone suddenly run to their nearest doctor to get a prescription for ice? Even if some people did, at least they would be funding the advertising campaign about how bad ice is for you, and the clinics where addicts can go to get help... and lastly, they would not be sending money to the criminals who run that racket now... legalize, TAX and REGULATE! Let ADULTS do their own thinking.

"following a tip off" what a classic ! the guy has been sold out while on the same plane 5 other guys went through with 10kg each ......

No doubt about it ! You hit the nail on the head ! It's a common ploy by smugglers. The Nigerians have taken to sacrificing their own and bringing out the big load with other sherpas. Maybe he was one of them?I am in Nigeria often. You can bring ANYTHING you want out of there with no search. ANYTHING! A small bribe of 1000 Naira, about $6.67 U.S. will get you through any inspections. They actually encourage it. Some come straight out and ask you for the money and then send you through. Not until the civilized world demands compliance from these renegade countries will there ever be a change in the drug problems.

Drug problems are no more than law problems. Coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, along with every prescription med out there are legal... Man makes a law to make other men criminals. As an adult I do not want anyone else telling me what I can and can't do with my own body, whether with drugs, driving with no helmet or seat belt, or in my bedroom, thank you very much!

i was writing a commect defending a certain type of legalization of drugs but lost it by pushing on the wron button :)

I live in holland and can tel you first hand that legallizing drugs ( to a certain level, the users level) and giving it no priority in criminal justice will result in much lower criminal rate and more importnantly way less drugs users!!! yes people while most kids in highschools of paris and london smoke weed etc and get in the criminal circuit etc. In holland kids can go to a coffeshop buy weed smoke it there play a game of pool and go home and the drug use is limited,is of recreational nature and mostly does not go on for a long time. While the other countries have way bigger problems with drugs using individuals.

A quote from Baybasin, a big drug lord currently in prison (( i prefer working in countries with the strictest laws because those are the places i can make the most profits)) a turkish/kurdish druglord, a bilionair an only cought becase of a political deal struck between israel/usa and turkey to put him behind bars in holland otherwise he would not have gone to prison ( he was/is most active in england ) these guys dont get cought, they cant read or write and really make bilionssssss....this is the effect of the drug lawwws you are in favor of. the rest never go to jail and sometimes become presidents/prime ministers of some very big countries.

think about the situation we have now ( strict prohibition)

and what could happen if we loosen up the prohibition and try to find a better solution ( i am not sure if legalizing all drugs with no restriction is a good idea but ....)putting little criminals in death row is crazy

[/quote

a voice of reason.

Thank you

Agreed 100%

This is old school crap now - - Customs are well aware that a possible tip of is just a cover up decoy to take the heat away

for more substantial amounts. The full time drug smugglers are now having operations on the folds in there belly's so that

they can be opened and closed at will. It will just be a matter of time before the suicide bombers follow suit and install bomb

devices inside there own bodies

I live in holland and can tel you first hand that legallizing drugs ( to a certain level, the users level) and giving it no priority in criminal justice will result in much lower criminal rate and more importnantly way less drugs users!!! yes people while most kids in highschools of paris and london smoke weed etc and get in the criminal circuit etc.

I get your point Aras, but in Holland, it's not unusual to find 15 years olds smoking heroin, Ice, or snorting coke. Smoking weed isn't against the law, so there's nothing "cool" about it. When you're a teenager you always want to go beyond limits. While in most European countries, Australia or North America cool kids drink illegal booze and smoke weed, cool kids from Amsterdam or Den Haag pop acids.

I do not know much more about the natural "ice" than about this Ice, but it looks to me that this is certainly NOT 42 kg but probably something like 4.2 Kg. But than again, the Nation employs people who are not that good with numbers anyhow. They probably recruited them under Thai teachers.

:)

What a muppet!! Smuggling drugs through Dubai & Thailand, 2 countries with probably the strictest drug laws in the world.

Oh well, another candidate for an episode of banged up abroad.

No. Not when compared with Laos, Malaysia and Singapore. Not even close.

right...no drug law is stricter than the singapore law

I believe Saudi Arabia is stricter them all, if you get caught with drugs then your head will be taken out of body immediately