Non-o As Dependant Of Retired Parents

My parents will obtain a 1-year extension of the retirement visa next week. I'm staying in Samui now with tourist visa.

I want to obtain a Non-O type visa like dependant (adult). Can I change the type of visa to Non-O like dependant in Bangkok Immigration bureau or should I go abroad to Thai Consulate?

What documents should I provide for this type of visa? The translation of the Sertificate of birth and the copy of my parents' passports with visa extension are enough? Should I verify the translation of the Sertificate of birth in my russian consulate in Bangkok or notarized translation will be accepted?

Are there any requirements about certain sum of money on my bank account?

Can I obtain a 1-year extention in Samui Immigration after 3-month first NON-O visa or I can obtain a 1-year multi-entry visa in the Consulate abroad?

Please share any information about this type of visa.

As an adult, you are no longer dependant on your parents, and cannot obtain a visa on those grounds.

Nor will you qualify for a 1 year extension of your first Non O visa, unless you have a job and workpermit,

or are married to a Thai national.

You can only be a dependent of your parents if you are under 20.

I'm older. Ok, dependant is not correct reason. But my parents need my help as they don't speak Thai or English, they can't drive a car. Can be my support of them the reason of obtaining Non-Immigrant visa?

Here in Samui I heard something that it's possible. But it was not legal information.

As an adult, you are no longer dependant on your parents, and cannot obtain a visa on those grounds.

Can I obtain visa on the ground of supporting them? They can't live without me here - don't speak English and many other reasons.

No, you can't get a visa based on supporting them.

Correction, you might get a visa to visit them, but you won't get an extension of stay. It would mean getting a multipe non-O for tyourself every 15 months and leaving the country every 90 days.

A few consulates will issue a multiple non-O visa to you to visit your parents. Perth in Australia and Hull in the Uk are possibilities.

Can I obtain visa on the ground of supporting them? They can't live without me here - don't speak English and many other reasons.

I don't want to sound churlish, but was it a good decision for your parents to retire to Thailand?

I don't want to sound churlish, but was it a good decision for your parents to retire to Thailand?

It wasn't their decision. it was the only opportunity for them to live in the same country as their daughter and granddaughter. Russian pensionary is not so independant as his European or American contemporary.

In the region it is unlikely you will get a non-O, let alone a multiple non-O. For that you will have to go to Perth!

There's a visa-run maker here in Samui who will try to arrange it in Kota-Bahru. Hope he can. It will be much cheaper than Australian trip.