Dragster Thailand

xenaz

How about this for a motorcycle;

Denver's Korry Hogan took his top fuel drag bike from zero to 250.97 mph in 5.95 seconds, beating Larry McBride's record of 245.36 mph. However Hogan didn't set an official world record, as the rules state a potential world record has to be backed up by a second run that is within 1 percent of the speed of the first. Hogan's second run of 238 mph wasn't enough to make it official.

Dragster;

As of July 2009, the world record for a 1/4 mile standing start pass is 4.428 seconds set by Tony Schumacher. Schumacher also holds the top speed record for the quarter mile at 336.15 miles per hour (540.98 km/h), set in Hebron, OH that same year.

ADDED - Top Fuel races are now held over a 305 metres (1,000 ft) distance for safety reasons; the record under the new rules is also held by Tony Schumacher at 3.771 seconds, and the top speed record is held by Larry Dixon at 321.58 miles per hour (517.53 km/h).

Edited by Gary A

I regularly visit Bangkok Drag Avenue in Khlong 5 and the last race I attended was sponsored by GoodYear Tyres.They brought over a few rail drag cars and a nitro funny car with 8000hp.Spent 4 hours there, saw 2 races.A complete waste of time.

Having said that, most of the smaller competitions sponsored by Nitto Tyres and also Drag Wars have been good events.

Not sure about the Thepnakorn track, but the public can use the Khlong 5 track on Fridays.Bring your crash helmet if you want to try the 1/4 mile.

Back in the muscle car days when I was a kid, we would take out street cars to the local drag strip. Other than bolting on a set of racing slicks, they were pretty well stock. Anything that could get down the 1/4 mile in under 14 seconds was VERY fast. The hottest car on most Sundays was a tri powered GTO. He always claimed it was stock but I had my doubts.

Heres the first ever outing/skid vid of the Burnout bug, was really a shakedown run after a straight 72hr thrash to get it assembled.......it was then pulled down and painted.

Not the best of skids as it was running way to fat due to us forgetting to pack other pulleys, it was 15% underdriven and we didnt have any pills small enough for that boost level.

Burnout Bug Shakedown run

And here it is at it first ever "show".

Edited by Spoonman

Cheers for the heads up I'll pencil it in.

From memory it's about KM marker 52 or 53 that maybe wrong but for sure it's few Ks east of the 35 and 4 junction. So do a U turn at 4 and come back into town. It's on the left.

Skyline.

Is Bangkok Drag Avenue still going. I thought it had shut down after the accident. Been there once a long time ago. i love the diesel pickups. I was joking that someone should build a Foundation drag pickup C/W light bar and siren. :)

Any races for public?

It will be nice to compare our pick ups, civics, accords :D (yaris)

By personal best is 10,74 @133 with 08 Viper :)

You and your Viper would be very welcome at the drags here in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

Our strip in CM is rather less than a quarter and is located at the 700 Year Sports Stadium on Irrigation Canal Rd. Normally the 3rd Sunday of each month.

There is a full quarter mile strip at the old airport in Chiang Rai but with less frequent meetings. I will try to supply firm dates as soon as possible.

The meetings are well run and attended, mostly by modified road cars, trucks and bikes with the very occasional purpose built vehicle. Never seen a rail up here.

Entry fees for cars is 500b for the day and all you need is a helmet, a fire extinguisher fitted and any sort of seat belt.

• 2 weeks later...
Any races for public?

It will be nice to compare our pick ups, civics, accords :D (yaris)

By personal best is 10,74 @133 with 08 Viper :)

Would still like to know what you did to the motor to run a 10. Stock, be lucky to run a 13, what was your secret.

I checked you reply today, so sorry for delay...

04-06 SRT10 can do 12.4 stock, but because of its bad gear box its very problematic to be faster, even when you put supercharger (they are no match for me) In USA they are doing bellow 12 with drag radials and stock car, but Im racing at different conditions

It is 2008 Viper with 600hp stock, stock can do 11.7 with slicks or on very sticky tract with stock tires. But I was not able get bellow 12.

Mods on my are, rear quaife diff with 10% shorter ratio (I think 3.33), R18 SSR Wheels, Racing headers without cats and corsa racing... (no cats are making it impossible to drive, which Im still doing... Im driving my car to all races 150-250km and back on saturdays.

And practice (thanks to Ranger from Corvetteforum.com who inspired and gave some advices, I owned 06 Z06, with 1/4m @11.4)

One day I did race againts some other car on lights but they checked time also, wafter minusing response time of 1.8 second, my time was 10.44, deep inside I believe that it is possible, because that day I was doing many drags, every 10mins and many were able to get 3 in row bellow 10.8, but never again I got under 10.7...

Very important is tire pressure which Im having 10psi (not sure if correct but Bars 0.7) I feel cant go more without changing to R17...

My tires: Hoosier A6 (Im not sure again, but it is HARDER version of track slicks second is R6)I have also BFG Drag Radials but Im racing in EU and former airports with concrete and they dont work well there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG37II30HZk

Green snake, red iz Z06 with Supercharger but stock tires.

Thanks for that, interesting, I didn't know the HP was increased to 600hp, wow, thats impressive. The Vipers l have been up against perhaps were going for it in street mode, tyre pressures etc, and of course the long gears don't help.

The best "street" drag radial l used were Mickey Thompson Drag radials. Awsome traction but lethal when on the road in the wet.

There should be big warning on drag tires for street use, since they are soft on sides also, they are made for drivign straight only...

One time I went for race mroe than 150kms during heavy rain, imagine that in front I have 315 and rear are 345 - Hoosier slicks, 35mph was as boat, but I like to drive slicks for daily driving because my Viper has 670+hp and stock tires cant handle it.

Thanks for that, interesting, I didn't know the HP was increased to 600hp, wow, thats impressive. The Vipers l have been up against perhaps were going for it in street mode, tyre pressures etc, and of course the long gears don't help.

The best "street" drag radial l used were Mickey Thompson Drag radials. Awsome traction but lethal when on the road in the wet.

There should be big warning on drag tires for street use, since they are soft on sides also, they are made for drivign straight only...

One time I went for race mroe than 150kms during heavy rain, imagine that in front I have 315 and rear are 345 - Hoosier slicks, 35mph was as boat, but I like to drive slicks for daily driving because my Viper has 670+hp and stock tires cant handle it.

Hoosiers drag tires maybe, their road racing tires are very stiff sidewalls some of the best available but what is most important is air pressure which is very different from street use versus drag..

In any case I would never use drag tires for the street you should compromise and save money while possibly saving your a$ too by purchasing a set of DOT approved street/race Hoosiers/Kumho's, Bridgestones or Toyos for example which will handle your power, your handling and some moisture for street use though they will wear quickly due to the fact that they are much softer they still won't wear as quickly as drag tires will and they'll help keep you out of a ditch or worse..

^Actually as I remember it used to be stamped right on the sidewall as well..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hoosiers drag tires maybe, their road racing tires are very stiff sidewalls some of the best available but what is most important is air pressure which is very different from street use versus drag..

In any case I would never use drag tires for the street you should compromise and save money while possibly saving your a$ too by purchasing a set of DOT approved street/race Hoosiers/Kumho's, Bridgestones or Toyos for example which will handle your power, your handling and some moisture for street use though they will wear quickly due to the fact that they are much softer they still won't wear as quickly as drag tires will and they'll help keep you out of a ditch or worse..

I wrote I dont like BF Goodridge for racing which also means not for street, I said their sidewalls are too soft, but Hoosiers are like racing brakes, better than stock + they will last longer because your tires will not slip everytime you accelarate... (tested few times and I working in tire business) But must say that driving in rain is VERY dangerous ...

I wrote I dont like BF Goodridge for racing which also means not for street, I said their sidewalls are too soft, but Hoosiers are like racing brakes, better than stock + they will last longer because your tires will not slip everytime you accelarate... (tested few times and I working in tire business) But must say that driving in rain is VERY dangerous ...

:) Well there's no confused smiley so I had to use this one.. But where did I mention BFG's? Though I like BFG's too, I mentioned everything but...

I used Hoosier 325x50, BFG 325x50 and M/T 315x60 X15 drag radials on the street for years, 10psi on the strip, 22psi on the road, no problems, I just knew my car and how to deal with a bit of the wet stuff, 25 years of fun. All the tyres had U.S. DOT approval marks on the side wall though the sales stuff said racing only. All these tyres were developed for Street or stock class drag racing which must be DOT approved, and so the use by those of us who are not Trailer Queens, and drove to the track and drove home (most of the times Ha Ha) and at the stop light drags didn't want to burn rubber to the next stop light. :)

This is what Im talking about :D

This will happend with stock tires:

:D

Take a look at Mickey Thompson ET street Radial. Far better than Hoosier and BFG street drag radials. My ride was very front heavy and required lots of work to front suspension to get lift and weight transfer to the rear tyres for launch and l found the M/T ET street drag radials were the nuts. AND legal on the street, well USA legal.

But Im driving in EU (if not in Thailand) my problem are not tire dots when Im driving 200mph on normal streets :D ... (My friend has record 220mph with Lambo LP670 :) )

But I will try MT, thank you...

Thanks for all the feedback and info on this guys. Will go to Tepnakorn Saturday night for this dragster event. If you see me out and about in my Ashley Force tank top , say hello/sawaadee. Ardor drag racing atmosphere too much, this Thai occasion should be interesting.

Thanks for all the feedback and info on this guys. Will go to Tepnakorn Saturday night for this dragster event. If you see me out and about in my Ashley Force tank top , say hello/sawaadee. Ardor drag racing atmosphere too much, this Thai occasion should be interesting.

Hey ZenaX I will be looking out for ya. Ms Force was awesome running hi 4s at around 320mph. Will try to find my Shirley Muldowney NHRA 1982 championship legend shirt for Sat. Enjoy going to the Thai circuit races, though this will be my first drag event within Thailand, should be good times. Trust it will be loud, hope to see Raoul with his 7sec dragster there. Expect to see some fast speeds Sat night at Tepnakorn track.