Budget Accomodation In Chiang Mai

ad61

Hi,

I got a call from a friend who just arrived in Bkk. He is going to spend two weeks in CM before coming down to Phuket and ask me for some advice regarding budget accomodation (guest house, budget hotel). Can any one recommend something in 800 - 1000.- Baht/night.

Many thanks.

The Montri Hotel just inside the moat at Thapae Gate is a reasonable, spotlessly clean hotel with an excellent location. Although the furniture is dated, it is a great deal at 900 baht a night including breakfast, and there is free wifi. The rooms at the back on the 5th and 6th floor are quieter than the front, and have an excellent view of Doi Suthep.

Confirm Montri as good value and good location if you only here for short stay.I say this from personal experience and friends who have stayed there recently. But do get a room at the back, the front rooms cop all the traffic noise. The tarrif used to be 790 b that must be a new high season rate.

i used to stay in montri 450baht only ..now they dubble it

nice location

but i change after they took my things from storage room & never find it & no body say sorry ..fuc_king staff & managment

i recomend sri tokyu hotel Telephone: 053 213 899 near central kad suan keaw [less than 800baht]

& any way . . chiang mai very cheap . .u can find alot of hotels less than 1000b

in thapae raod , near the night bazar also [thapae inn] 350 baht

mike - kuwait

A big thanks to all of you.

I'll send an e-mail to my friend with your recommendations.

Tell him to log on to www.agoda.com. He'll find any hotel he wants at the price he wants and he can book online too. :)

When I used to visit, before I moved here, I used to stay at Lai Thai, very central, pool, sat TV, OK cafe and nice staff - I think the rooms are in the 7xx price bracket if you book on arrival (i.e. not on the internet). There are so many hotels and guest houses here, rooms can be got for just a few hundred baht if you don't mind a 50B tuk tuk ride to Loi Kroh.