Having To Report Every Month !

When I tried to extend my marriage visa last time(Jan), they made me go back 1 month later, which is normal I believe. I had 400,000 in the bank, although briefly.

Then in Feb, they told me to come back again in March, then April as it was still being processed, although I overheard one of the officers saying in Thai that it had

probably been rejected. This month, I went with my Work Permit and letter from government institution that I work at. They said, "sorry, come back in May". When I said that I wanted to change my visa, they said that I couldn't, and didn't even look at my WP and letter/contract etc. This seems a bit strange, if not ridiculous to me and I have never heard of this happening to someone with a Thai wife, family, and work permit.

I am going to Auustralia soon and wonder if I can apply for a visa there? Would this cancel out the one I am waiting for?

The Immigration are not wanting to give me much advice on what to do for some reason.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Neeranam

You can get a re-entry permit while you are still on the one month

consideration stamps.

you just have make sure you are back before the stamp expires

or you will have start again.

You can get a re-entry permit while you are still on the one month

consideration stamps.

Thanks Astral.
you just have make sure you are back before the stamp expires

or you will have start again.

What do you mean start again? I think maybe it would be best if I start again, as I have a work permit. One thing I could do is get a 1 year non-B in Oz, and forget about the marriage visa - too much bloody hassle.

More annoying when the guy I was speaking to at immigration(farang) got his no bother after being in the country a month! He wasn't even intending to live here for more than 6 months !

Don't believe a word that is said on the Immigration web-site. The one upcountry that is - "we are here to help you", utter <deleted>.

The first time I did my marrage visa extension I took about six months. Mostly waiting for the police report to be sent back from here to BKK as the police here did'nt have a clue what to do with it. Ended up physicaly taking the report from the police station to BKK with us

The first time I did my marrage visa extension I took about six months. Mostly waiting for the police report to be sent back from here to BKK as the police here did'nt have a clue what to do with it. Ended up physicaly taking the report from the police station to BKK with us

Police Report?

Never heard anything a police report.

Yes the frist time you do it the police have to visit you house to make sure it is your actual address. The ones here kept losing the report as they did'nt know what to do with it, so everytime we went back to BKK they would say they are still waiting for the report come back next month.

Yes the frist time you do it the police have to visit you house to make sure it is your actual address. The ones here kept losing the report as they did'nt know what to do with it, so everytime we went back to BKK they would say they are still waiting for the report come back next month.

Didn't with me.

The police report was only needed when I applied for confirmation of residence for purpose of obtaining driving licence.

Didn't with me.

The police report was only needed when I applied for confirmation of residence for purpose of obtaining driving licence.

Like "Ramdom", the police report thing was required the first time the extension was applied for and required me, the wife and the village headman to go to the Amphur Police Station, where the Policeman sat at a mechanical typewriter and typed out two, two page reports, one to be signed by the "headman" and one by my wife. Took awhile. :D

Never ever heard before about anyone getting any kind of "confirmation of residence for the purpose of obtaining driving license" from the police department. What exactly is that???? :o Do you have a copy of it? I can say the police here don't have a clue and I can also say that the only thing the Driving License office in my area would accept, was the paper from my Embassy, confirming my address. Pain in the butt. :D

My mate was on some kind of non-marriage visa, probably a one-year B work visa, without a work permit, up north. He married a Thai and they had a baby. He put 400,000 in the Thai bank and applied for a marriage visa. Paperwork, paperwork - the authorities up north apparently couldn't do it all, so he started making monthly trips to BKK while his one-year visa came to a close. He asked if he should go out and come back in with a tourist 30 day or 60 day paper, and they said NO! - that would destroy his chances of eventually getting the marriage visa. So they stamped him in every 30 days (round trips, CMai-BKK), month after month.

I'm not sure if he ever got the proper visa. They all went off to Farang-land on holiday over a month ago, and are supposed to return any day now.

Never ever heard before about anyone getting any kind of "confirmation of residence for the purpose of obtaining driving license" from the police department.

for a thai driver's license, they can ask for a confirmation of residence. this document comes from thai immigration.

I'm not sure if he ever got the proper visa.

actually he applied for a one year extension based on marriage. once approved, the expiration date will be one year from his last date of the entry using the original visa.

They all went off to Farang-land on holiday over a month ago, and are supposed to return any day now.

any extension will be cancelled without a re entry permit when leaving thailand.

Never ever heard before about anyone getting any kind of "confirmation of residence for the purpose of obtaining driving license" from the police department.

for a thai driver's license, they can ask for a confirmation of residence. this document comes from thai immigration.

Or from your Embassy/Consulate, in my experience.

Uh, yes. Ok, I may have miss-understood Dah Fahrang when he said "Didn't with me. The police report was only needed when I applied for confirmation of residence for purpose of obtaining driving licence". I took it to mean that he got the "confirmation" from the police department.

But I guess he meant that he had to get a police report in order to get the "confirmation" from immigration? And if that is the case then it would seem that the "letter" from the embassy is easier, albeit more expensive. I know the US Embassy is 1,200 Baht for the notorized letter, but no police report is required. :o

Uh, yes. Ok, I may have miss-understood Dah Fahrang when he said "Didn't with me. The police report was only needed when I applied for confirmation of residence for purpose of obtaining driving licence". I took it to mean that he got the "confirmation" from the police department.

But I guess he meant that he had to get a police report in order to get the "confirmation" from immigration? And if that is the case then it would seem that the "letter" from the embassy is easier, albeit more expensive. I know the US Embassy is 1,200 Baht for the notorized letter, but no police report is required. :o

I found using the Immigration much more convenient than the Embassy for this form. Cheaper, too. Immigration was only 300 baht...

I think you can use either(letters from imagration or embassy for your licence).I used the one from immagration, my mate up here used the one from the embassy both in the same licence office.

I'm pretty sure that when you first do you marrieg extention the local poilce have to send a report. It just depends on how dilligent the police are. If you are already know to them they may just send it back without even coming around to check.

I'm pretty sure that when you first do you marrieg extention the local poilce have to send a report. It just depends on how dilligent the police are. If you are already know to them they may just send it back without even coming around to check.

RC,

When I say that I am doing my first extension, I mean that I got 1 year already and am now doing the first extension. When I did the first one there was no report from the police that I know of.

• 1 month later...
When I tried to extend my marriage visa last time(Jan), they made me go back 1 month later, which is normal I believe. I had 400,000 in the bank, although briefly.

Then in Feb, they told me to come back again in March, then April as it was still being processed, although I overheard one of the officers saying in Thai that it had

probably been rejected. This month, I went with my Work Permit and letter from government institution that I work at. They said, "sorry, come back in May". When I said that I wanted to change my visa, they said that I couldn't, and didn't even look at my WP and letter/contract etc. This seems a bit strange, if not ridiculous to me and I have never heard of this happening to someone with a Thai wife, family, and work permit.

I am going to Australia soon and wonder if I can apply for a visa there? Would this cancel out the one I am waiting for?

The Immigration are not wanting to give me much advice on what to do for some reason.

Well I got my visa at last today. :o:D

They gave it too me and I think expected me to be happy. I had to go to Nong Kai for 5 months, monthly when I have also got a work permit. I think they should give me 1 year from today, instead the ******s gave me 7 months.

Next time I think I will forget the Thai wife visa and just use my work permit if I have one.