Man Caught-on-tape Stealing Gold Ring From Local Gold Shop

Rimmer

On Thursday, Police were called to the Pintong Gold Shop located in Soi Siam Country Club by a shop assistant; Khun Wiganyar aged 32 who reported the theft of a gold ring. The alleged theft was caught by security cameras fitted inside and outside the premise. Police were able to see a Thai Man wearing a baseball cap, thought to be aged around 30. He entered the shop and claimed he wanted to purchase a ring for his father. She produced 3 rings for him to look at. He looked at each ring individually until he came to the third ring which he tried on and proceeded to run out of the shop. Two other members of staff in the shop attempted to give chase but he was able to leave on a motorbike. The ring is worth around 9,000 Baht and local pawn shops have now been alerted to the robbery as Police search for the suspect who remains at large at this time.

pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010 01 08

post-22250-1262950938_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1262950947_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1262950964_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1262950978_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1262950987_thumb.jpg

been to gold shop twice this week, purchasing one gold bar and one gold ring with a thai wife. the second time which was yesterday, i went in to purchase a two two-ounce necklace for a great grand newphew's wedding, coming up this sunday the 10th of january at the marriott....

both times, i showed the salegirl the bundle of 1,000.... and everyone was happy....

the goldshop should really establish the rule.... show me the money first, before you ask to see my stuff....

but then i never heard that any farang ever robs a gold shop....

but then.... i might be too shallowed and too myopic as well.... LOL

well, what do i know.... been living happily in remote jungle too long perhaps.... LOL

Edited by nakachalet