Resort Recommendation For My Honeymoon

HightillDry

Hi All

Next month I'll be heading to CM for my honeymoon.

I'm looking for a cosy resort that comes with a personal pool.

Any suggestions?

I'm flexible with the budget since it's once in a lifetime.

Cheerios!

Edited by HightillDry

We stayed in "Prince Khum Phaya resort & spa" last month: http://www.princekhumphayaresortandspa.com/

This small japanese owned resort has just opened in 2009 and is very beautiful and romantic in lanna style and located just in the outskirts of Chiang Mai. Just be sure to ask for a quiet room away from the bars along the quite busy road. The resort have a free shuttle bus to/from various parts of Chiang Mai. All rooms are large with teak interior and a very large bathroom with luxury Jacuzzi and seperate jet/rain shower. The Villa Suite have outdoor Jacuzzi and the Villas have a private pool.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

I have not been to this place - http://nest.chiangdao.com/ - , but it's often recommended.

Yes nice place we stayed there a mth or so ago but not exactly a romantic honeymoon destination staying in Bamboo huts. The OP wanted a personal pool well the pool at Nest is not exactly personal and it would be aboslutely freezing,at this time of the year, unless you wore a wet suit

A friend of mine stayed here twice ---> http://www.yaangcome.com/ Very luxurious, beautiful large rooms with totally private balconies with beautiful plants and flowers, sunken bathtub with jacuzzi. Very beautifully decorated with Lanna art, Thai silk, etc., etc. I don't know about a private pool but the 1st time my friend stayed there there was only one other guest; the 2nd time he was the only guest so for all intents and purposes, the pool is private. At about 8-16K Baht per night there are not many people staying there. I spent some time there visiting my friend and his family and I was really impressed.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun HighTillDry,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon !

Khun Elektrified commented on the "Yaangcome Village" : which is on SriDonchai Road near the Night Bazaar :

... snip ... At about 8-16K Baht per night there are not many people staying there. I spent some time there visiting my friend and his family and I was really impressed.

The Yaangcome is, "in town," and quite lovely; and very close to the Night Bazaar, which, can be handy if the visitor is a new visitor to Chiang Mai. Yet, because it's on the southern edge of the Night Bazaar, and perhaps the quietness is helped along by the fact that Wat Sridonchai is across the street taking up a huge chunk of real estate ... it can be much quieter than other places the same distance from the Night Bazaar in our opinions.

Twice in the last five years we've arranged for visiting friends to stay there; about three years ago we negotiated a rate of about 4k baht per night for two visting lady friends. And about two years ago one night for a friend for around 4k baht. But those rates were outside the "high tourist months," and we went to the hotel personally, negotiated in Thai, and paid cash "on the spot" in advance for the rooms. Perhaps we got a big discount ? Normally you do find the best rates on-line.

Also, the Whole Earth restaurant is right next to the Yaangcome Hotel, which was a plus (last time we went there, before we lost our human taste buds, four years ago, the Indian food was absolute crap : evidently the chef who knew how to cook Indian food had left, but the Thai food remained delicious).

If you are up for some excitement, from time to time, as well as quiet moments, sure, we'd recommend the Yaangcome, although we think 8k baht is way too high. Given the coldness of the water this time of year in the pool (is the pool open and clean right now ?), we'd suspect you wouldn't have too many fellow swimmers (unless the hotel was full of Scandinavians or Icelanders ?). However, the sun get can get mighty fierce in the next month, and, who knows, by the time you get here the pool water might be warm; if the hotel is quite booked up, you might not find the pool so "private."

Just took at look at their website : beginning January 15 they have a three-night four-day promotion for 18k baht for two for a deluxe suite.

You can find their website by just adding ".com" to the name "yaangcome." (think we're not supposed to insert direct links to non-TV advertisers here now).

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

We stayed in "Prince Khum Phaya resort & spa" last month: http://www.princekhumphayaresortandspa.com/

This small japanese owned resort has just opened in 2009 and is very beautiful and romantic in lanna style and located just in the outskirts of Chiang Mai. Just be sure to ask for a quiet room away from the bars along the quite busy road. The resort have a free shuttle bus to/from various parts of Chiang Mai. All rooms are large with teak interior and a very large bathroom with luxury Jacuzzi and seperate jet/rain shower. The Villa Suite have outdoor Jacuzzi and the Villas have a private pool.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

thanks for the inputs.

ya i've shortlisted prince khum phaya as one of my options

Khun Elektrified commented on the "Yaangcome Village" : which is on SriDonchai Road near the Night Bazaar :

... snip ... At about 8-16K Baht per night there are not many people staying there. I spent some time there visiting my friend and his family and I was really impressed.

The Yaangcome is, "in town," and quite lovely; and very close to the Night Bazaar, which, can be handy if the visitor is a new visitor to Chiang Mai. Yet, because it's on the southern edge of the Night Bazaar, and perhaps the quietness is helped along by the fact that Wat Sridonchai is across the street taking up a huge chunk of real estate ... it can be much quieter than other places the same distance from the Night Bazaar in our opinions.

Twice in the last five years we've arranged for visiting friends to stay there; about three years ago we negotiated a rate of about 4k baht per night for two visting lady friends. And about two years ago one night for a friend for around 4k baht. But those rates were outside the "high tourist months," and we went to the hotel personally, negotiated in Thai, and paid cash "on the spot" in advance for the rooms. Perhaps we got a big discount ? Normally you do find the best rates on-line.

Also, the Whole Earth restaurant is right next to the Yaangcome Hotel, which was a plus (last time we went there, before we lost our human taste buds, four years ago, the Indian food was absolute crap : evidently the chef who knew how to cook Indian food had left, but the Thai food remained delicious).

If you are up for some excitement, from time to time, as well as quiet moments, sure, we'd recommend the Yaangcome, although we think 8k baht is way too high. Given the coldness of the water this time of year in the pool (is the pool open and clean right now ?), we'd suspect you wouldn't have too many fellow swimmers (unless the hotel was full of Scandinavians or Icelanders ?). However, the sun get can get mighty fierce in the next month, and, who knows, by the time you get here the pool water might be warm; if the hotel is quite booked up, you might not find the pool so "private."

Just took at look at their website : beginning January 15 they have a three-night four-day promotion for 18k baht for two for a deluxe suite.

You can find their website by just adding ".com" to the name "yaangcome." (think we're not supposed to insert direct links to non-TV advertisers here now).

Agreed with orang37 on this one. An ex-Thai g/f came with me to visit my friends when they stayed there and she too was very impressed. She wanted to impress a client from France by having him stay there. She and her father went there and negotiated a much better rate of around 4K Baht per night but they had to pay in cash on the spot.

Edited by elektrified

Agreed with orang37 on this one. An ex-Thai g/f came with me to visit my friends when they stayed there and she too was very impressed. She wanted to impress a client from France by having him stay there. She and her father went there and negotiated a much better rate of around 4K Baht per night but they had to pay in cash on the spot.

currently they're having a promo 2.9k for superior room. definitely worth considering since it's highly rated:D

Baan Deva Montra (fifteen min from city centre) has private villas with pool, Puripunn by the river has one residence with pool, Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Four Seasons just opened a new private villa with pool section, Sukantara Cascade Resort has one villa with pool, there are tons. Enjoy!