Price For Termite Spray Visit?

Three years ago a three man crew from a firm based in Bangkok spent three days to install and test four sets of PVC pipes under every section of our home. The pipes are attached to the vertical sides of the raised horizontal beams. These PVC pipes have spray nozzles and in four different places the "termite spray" staff use a large pump and insert some smelly poison under the house every 6 months to kill termites. They also walk around the exterior and spray a poison in the flower beds nearest to the foundation. The house is not small, hence four places to access the pipes. Now the firm has e-mailed a price quote for six visits over the next three years. It seemed dear, but I had no point of reference. One photo is the raised horizontal ground beams PRIOR the PVC termite pipes and one photo shows the type of system that is on the ground beams.

If you have a Termite PVC Pipe system at your home, what FEE do you pay per visit, about how many square meters is the area you have Termite pvc pipes installed, and what province? Thanks. Maybe what they quoted is fair based on the size, but Thai Visa forum seems an excellent resource to check.

post-20604-1263048609_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1263048649_thumb.jpg

post-20604-1263049184_thumb.jpg

I had the same thing done when I built my house (pvc pipes for spay under the foundation). I bought the machine to pump it in for about 5K baht (this was 6 years ago so my recall could be flawed). Anyway... I buy the chemical for about 500 baht and pump it in once a year. I have a lot of wood panelling, floors, and built ins but otherwise the house is concrete construction so maybe an overkill - but I do it anyway. Cheers.

Have not renewed the contract, so no company has been for the past 9 months...

Before they came every month, sprayed all the garden + sprayed every room in the house + 1x per year undid the 5 caps of the pipes under the house and pumped the spray in there..

50km north west of Bkk. Detached house 53w... for a 1 year contract 7.500 baht [last contract 2008 to 2009] so 1 visit of about 3 hours followed by 11 monthly visits of about 20 - 30 mins.

The history...... Had the house built and moved in mid 2004, mid 2005 had the 1st contract for the Pest Control Company, price mid 2005 was 5,000 baht, this went up a but every year and as said in 2008 was 7,500....... The 2nd to last visit there was a new boy that came and as soon as he left thought something was wrong as the smell and fumes were VERY bad, so bad I left the 4 dogs in the un-sprayed room for 6 hours [normal 2hrs] 3 days later the Koi fish started dieing within 6 days ALL the Koi had died even with my transferring them to the holding tanks.... so lost at least 250,000 baht worth of Koi, The Boss of the Company came, they had no insurance or money so it was sorry will do next year free.... I told her not to come again or do the last 2 months of the contract. It soon got round the Village and all the others that used this Company did not renew there contract..

Now a Government Company come every 2 months and walk around all the Village 63 houses using a toxic free spray.

Sorry to butt in but can I ask a question.

Have I got this right that when building the house, you have installed a system which can distribute toxins to termites through what looks like pvc pipe, presumably with holes every 1m or so ?

Are you using this only for wooden foundations or all ?

I haven't come across this but would like to store some data away in the knowledge bank for future reference.

Thanks.

The ONLY wood in our home is in the built in furniture or store bought free standing furniture. I am of the understanding that termites eat many things, not just wood, and I am of the understanding that the poison is to kill other pests, not just termites with this pvc system that does have "sprinkler spray heads" about one meter from each other under ALL the sections of our home. We do not have any wood floors except a wooden floor placed over many layers of concrete flooring in the "Farang" Television Room. There are four places that have a set of inlets where the pest control company insets two hoses at a time to "pump poison" into the pipes.

I look forward to any other Thai Visa Members who can enlighten me to what prices they have paid for this type of service. Thanks!!

We had a system installed during our build with the same concept. A neighbor also.

In our case a system of black tubing was attached to the insides of all the foundation beams. These beams are about 1 meter above the ground level. The area under our concrete floors is a crawl space. The system was zoned off so there are 4 zones and about 15 separate inlets. All tubes have a spray nozzle installed at intervals of about 1 meter.

The installer placed all the tubing during construction and before the floor was poured. They also used a pressure sprayer to make an initial application of chemicals to the entire ground area before the floor was laid. after we moved in they came back and attached to the zones and made a second application. They will return every 6 months to do the same for a total of 3 years of applications. The total cost of installation and the semi-annual applications was 18,000 baht.

Our neighbor used another company, the install was similar but because their foundation was buried and no crawl space the company used the blue PVC and not the plastic tubing. Same idea and same contract and basically same price

I had the same thing done when I built my house (pvc pipes for spay under the foundation). I bought the machine to pump it in for about 5K baht (this was 6 years ago so my recall could be flawed). Anyway... I buy the chemical for about 500 baht and pump it in once a year. I have a lot of wood panelling, floors, and built ins but otherwise the house is concrete construction so maybe an overkill - but I do it anyway. Cheers.

I've been thinking of doing the same (buying a pump and chemicals), but I'm not sure of the pump capacity and pressure necessary to get a good spray from all the underground nozzles. Could you please let me know the pump you are using.

• 1 month later...