What Is The Best Antihistamine Medicine Brand?

kitiya1980

SOS! crazy thai weather! 3 seasons a day-_-' at the moment I'm using "sulidine" 20 baht 10 tablets it helps hey but it makes me sleep for long time like 8 hrs never woke! and of course I cant take it during the daytime when i have to go out do my stuffs...oh hang on! I googled and saw someone mentioned to antihistamine that doesnt make us sleep! how good :) any idea guys?

Edited by kitiya1980

Actifed is here... drowsiness with antihistamines is always going to be a problem..

Man i've heard of actifed and i've been told its the same sort of sulidine just different company 50 baht something sulidine only 20 at Boots brit chain erm some drugstore sell 35 baht -_-' have ya tried both? can anybody temme how different?

Well I know from experience with other meds that there are always minor variances in both content and potentially chemistry that differentiates all brand names from generics.. I had that with antibiotics once that in spite of everyone's insistence of "no difference" I was requiring twice as much for the same sort of sinus infections related to Rhinitis.

I don't use Actifed as it dries me out too much and does cause drowsiness for me. I can only use Sudaphed non drying, non drowsy and I have family send it over from the States occasionally.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well I know from experience with other meds that there are always minor variances in both content and potentially chemistry that differentiates all brand names from generics.. I had that with antibiotics once that in spite of everyone's insistence of "no difference" I was requiring twice as much for the same sort of sinus infections related to Rhinitis.

I don't use Actifed as it dries me out too much and does cause drowsiness for me. I can only use Sudaphed non drying, non drowsy and I have family send it over from the States occasionally.

Thanks for advice! :)

I forgot to add if you use Clarityne you can pass on antihistamines altogether as it's an allergy inhibitor.. Only one a day might be worth it and no drowsiness.. Actually I think I just talked myself into giving it a go again, haven't used it in quite a while..

Edited by WarpSpeed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fexofenadine

Seems to be the successor of Triludan, which, while not causing drowsiness (at least for me) had some nasty contraindications.

Thanks alot! its very useful site mate i googled again and i found ppl discussed to the forum they said Fexofenadine [hydrochloride]the trade name is Telfast 180 mg capsule 120 baht ah i shall try :) on its site all in thai saying compared with other brands its not causing drowsiness so much.

Edited by kitiya1980

so far as I know there is no contraindication for Fexofenadine.

there is a few S/E which you can google.

Telfast is a brand name made by sanofi-aventis, quite expensive since it is imported.

Fexofast-180 and Fenafex are local made with good quality with cost effective.

When you buy, make sure it is 180 mg which you can take once a day. The 60 mg tab you need to take morning and night.

There is another good one called Aerius,desloratadine.

It is active metabolite of loratadine ( second generation of anti-histamine).

It is once a day tablet , very effective in allergiv rhinitis but very expensive too.

After taking telfast or aerius or cetirizine,you still have problem with running nose.

There is a combined tablet Telfast-d, Zyrtec-D and Clarinase and clarinase24.

They are combination of anti-histamine with decongestant.

My experience, I prefer Clarinase 24, which can be taken only once a day and control the symptom all day long and does not make me sleepy.

Telfast-D is not bad just need to take it twice a day.

Good Luck

Yeah Clarityne also, but not cheap..

I use claritine here a lot, essential at times for my hayfever and sinusitis. Brand to buy here Clarid 48 baht at Watsons so not expensive and just as effective as the extortionately priced clarityne which I never buy.

Thanks I'll check it out..