List Of Current Documents Needed For Work Permit Extension

Just would like to know where i can find an updated list of current documentation needed for work permit extension. used to go to http://www.doe.co.th/workpermit/index.html, but that link does not work any more and on the web site http://www.doe.co.th (which is all in thai language) i cannot find any hint rew where i might find that info.

any ideas?

also, i am married to a thai and have 2 kids. would it be helpful (and making the renewal easier) if i also attach documentation of my marriage and the kids with my work permit application (just as proof that i support a thai family with with my work too)? any info on that?

Requirements can vary from labour office to labour office, but in general terms:

- Up to date company certificate (from DBD)

- Up to date list of shareholders (from DBD)

- Company tax filing to Revenue Department for last 3 months showing your salary/tax deductions

- Your last year's Thai tax return

- Your current work permit

- Your passport

- Application form

- Fee

Some offices require sight of employment contract.

Note: All company documents need signing by authorised company official and must bear company stamp

Was 3,000+100 for 1 year WP, but recent report indicates has/is going up to 3,000+600. Plus looks like further changes coming with expected alterations to Foreign Business Act regulations.

thx - yes, i read they also want to extend the list of businesses not allowed for non-thais to do, and that they would not even publish he new list... but that it will affect work permit renewals as well as new work permits

To OP:

If your current permit to stay extension is based on 'Thai wife' rather than 'business' then by all means submit all family papers (Marriage certificate, kid's birth certificates, ID of wife, Tabien Bahn of wife) as well.

Though not written in the rules, it has been made quite clear to us some years ago that if you have a Thai family the WP department will give less weight to income/loss of the company you work for and also do not take your salary into consideration (but they still need the required tax documentation!).

Note:

This is my personal experience in BKK and I did not have any problem for the past 12 years even though our company has only 1M Baht registered capital, losses (on paper) for the past few years and only 3 Thai employees and my recorded salary is only 25K/month.

opalhort

Many of the requirements for an extension based on working are in fact requirements from immigration, not labour. It is immigration that sets minimum income requirements. The labour department doesn't have any minimum income requirements for getting a work permit. Although some labour offices follow the requirements from immigration.

my WP is expiring in February so how many days before the expire date shall i apply for extension?

If you are confident that all required documents are in order a few days before expiry will do. If you have doubts then submit 2-3 weeks early.

My last few renewal requests were submitted in the morning and I got the renewed WP back in the afternoon.

opalhort

Yes, post#2 lists all that is needed as per law.

In my case (we own the company) they also need the last three months of Social security filings for employees, a copy of every employee's ID card signed by the employee, copy of ID/PP of all directors as stated in the paper (หนังสือรับรอง) issued by the Ministry of Commerce which must not be older than 60 days (this is new, in the past it was 90 days). They also need a copy of the house registration book where the company is located. Also in my case they need copy of marriage certificate and birthcertificate of child and ID of wife. Every document has to be presented to them in original and copy (the original is returned to you on the spot after verification).

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

^ Is your WP based on being married?

We use the same office at Din Daeng, but our company has only 1M capital and losses (on paper) for the past few years and only three Thai employees (one of them my wife).

This is my guess only: I may not qualify for a WP renewal under the rules but being married and have the same WP for now 12 years they allow it but need more evidence.

They also required a letter explaining why our company makes losses every year.

We have a person who has been doing all the paperwork for us since the beginning and it works fine - so far -.

We pay her 3K Baht for her service.

opalhort

Since the OP asked if WP is easier if married, I suggest he takes the documents I mentioned along and give it a try.

He should have all the required documents and it can never hurt to present more papers than needed by law.

They'll return what is not needed and he'll know what is needed in the future.

opalhort