Koh Tao Motorbike Issue

Koh Tao is a small island with a very bad viability, my advice is don't rent a bike and use your feet/local transportations.

Nobody insure the bike for rent.

Not so easy to fix a rented bike, many repairs call the renter (Tel # sticker on most bikes)

Don't forget, in Koh Tao, like in Samui and Phangan as well, the main business is not the bike for rent, but the damages charges.

Edited by angiud

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koh Tao is a small island with a very bad viability, my advice is don't rent a bike and use your feet/local transportations.

Nobody insure the bike for rent.

Not so easy to fix a rented bike, many repairs call the renter (Tel # sticker on most bikes)

Don't forget, in Koh Tao, like in Samui and Phangan as well, the main business is not the bike for rent, but the damages charges.

Advice worth taking i think :)

In the south Islands best is to Rent bikes and Bungalows from Foreigners (They call us Farangs...)( doesn't mean you'll not be scamed but percentage will be certainly lower. ) After more than ten years here, i now think it's best (for :price, security, clean, service etc...) to use Foreing management , services etc. than Local ones(some don't see you as a human but as a stupid walking wallet). I didn't used to think the same few years ago , but times are changing here.... sometime not for the best.

absolutely not true for me, i was overcharged also in ko tao by some fat uk or australian(judging by accent) slob....he ripped me off for like 50 euros...

i rented bike in indonesia, did some scratches on the back, and i had to pay like 10 usd....honest indonesian lady....

Actually newbie it is true for the most part. :D You were just unlucky. And if you can't distinguish between "uk" (whatever that means) and Australian then i doubt very much you could tell a Spaniard from Italien etc etc :)

The OP has never made post since the first one.. He has probably gone home with his tail between his legs. :)

He did :D post # 39.

I suggested it already at the Forum support desk without any response:

Always wondered if there is a way to mark the thread starter, so that it is easy to recognise him in a discussion without clicking 1 and scrolling to the starting post.

If not, that would be an appreciated feature.