Best English Breakfast/sunday Lunch In Pattaya ?

properperson

My vote has to go to the "Pig and Whistle" in Soi 7 on both counts...

Their advertising blerb says "food like yer Mam used to make" and they aren't wrong - best i have tasted by a country mile...

Apparently, they have their own in house butchery department that makes their sausages, pies, cures bacon/gamon, hangs steaks, makes gravy from scratch etc...

Definately worth a visit....

The best english food???I didn't know there was such a thing.

I used to think that. Now, I like it sometimes. Its a little embarrassing, perhaps a guilty pleasure, but why not?

Jingthing, after pop tarts ANYTHING tastes good :)

not realy a big fan of English breackfast, but, would goto the rising sun-bar (http://www.risingsunbar.net/index.htm)

to have one overthere again. Is a guesthouse as wel, 12 rooms.

Was not the first time i did have engl. breackfast, but, was for sure the best i did have in Pattaya ever.

Only minus: the restaurant isn't a real restaurant, just 2 big tables in the bar.

The food realy good, try their chicken-curry, aroi maakmaak !!

Got to be Caddy Shack for all round quality of English food.

Yep I would agree, Difficult to find a place that does good English food and good Thai food, that's why we eat there all the time, my wife loves the Thai food and I love their breakfasts.

Caddy Shack definitely! Breakfast special (2 bacon 1 sausage 1 egg stewed toms 2 toast marmalade & tea or coffee) for 95 bt and full roast dinner (1/2 chicken, pork or beef) for 195 bt or lamb for 255 bt are unbeatable IMHO. Also, on Sunday they do a 3 course meal (soup, beef, pork or chicken roast and fruit and ice cream) for 245 bt. The rest of their English food is excellent and great value too. Butcher's Arms on Soi Buckhaou is very good too, but is more expensive. I have been to both places many, many times. Service at both places is excellent also. I hope this helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Definitely my vote would be The Sportsman, Palmers is also good but more comfortable in the Sportsman with the ac.

I agree that the Sportsman offers an excellent full English breakfast. (Except for the highly spiced inferior sausage).

BUT:

After breakfast, when you just fancy a bottled beer:

The beer, served (from a fridge) is warm, un-chilled and most offensive. Faulty fridges or what?

Sportsman management reading this: CHILL YOUR BEER !!

As wee-jimmy says, above, the Sportsman is a nice A.C. bar but surely there is no excuse for warm beer.

Ok Syd

I've been keeping this one to myself, but maybe it's time to share.

The BEST Breakfast in Pattaya bar none.

Le Katai Soi Lenkee No2 breakfast 99B

Tea or Coffee plus Orange Juice, Fruit plate Mellon/Pineapple.

Good quality Bacon 2 rashers, Beans, Grilled Tomato, Large meaty quality Sausage, 2 eggs, fried or scrambled.

Toast 2 slices good quality bread, Butter and Marmalade.

Daily Mail available, Breakfast served all day.

Always busy, try it and report back. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Bumped this one to see if there's any newcomers as we plummet into low season!

I used to like the P&W but find their breakfasts rather bland... and a certain waitress I liked to ogle no longer works there so...

Off to check out Palmers, only because it's just around the corner and I can't be arsed to drive this morning. I will let you know.

Edited by NanLaew

Palmers was a blowout. I wandered in, grabbed a corner table and the 'waitress' turned on the fan and handed me the menu. Since I had been partying on WS with my lawyer pretty late, I wanted a Bloody Mary. After several attempts to order, including defining the actual basic ingredients in English and fluent Thai... the look in the girls face was somewhere between "<deleted>'s he saying?" and "That sounds like too much work". So, since that was my preferred appetizer and they couldn't provide, I left and went over to The Sportsman on Soi 13. Note to Palmers management, wait staff should either have a handle on common farang drinks or at least have the sense to... ASK THE BARTENDER. This was at 10:30 am so not an ungodly hour to have a bartender at work?

The Sportsman staff got the Bloody Mary request instantly but they use the cheapest, crap tomato juice and it needed plenty Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to wake it up. I had the Mega English Breakfast and it was really good but way too much food so I will try the standard one next time. However, the coffee was excellent, including the free second cup and on observing stubbies of VB in the fridge, I ordered a couple and I reckon my lawyer and I will write-off today as well.

Palmers was a blowout. I wandered in, grabbed a corner table and the 'waitress' turned on the fan and handed me the menu. Since I had been partying on WS with my lawyer pretty late, I wanted a Bloody Mary. After several attempts to order, including defining the actual basic ingredients in English and fluent Thai... the look in the girls face was somewhere between "<deleted>'s he saying?" and "That sounds like too much work". So, since that was my preferred appetizer and they couldn't provide, I left and went over to The Sportsman on Soi 13. Note to Palmers management, wait staff should either have a handle on common farang drinks or at least have the sense to... ASK THE BARTENDER. This was at 10:30 am so not an ungodly hour to have a bartender at work?

The Sportsman staff got the Bloody Mary request instantly but they use the cheapest, crap tomato juice and it needed plenty Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to wake it up. I had the Mega English Breakfast and it was really good but way too much food so I will try the standard one next time. However, the coffee was excellent, including the free second cup and on observing stubbies of VB in the fridge, I ordered a couple and I reckon my lawyer and I will write-off today as well.

Sounds like you got a good lawyer there.... on the razz down WS, Bloody Marys next morning and then off on the piss again :)

• 1 year later...

Ok Syd

Good quality Bacon 2 rashers, Beans, Grilled Tomato, Large meaty quality Sausage, 2 eggs, fried or scrambled.

I've been a fan of Le Katai for many years decent food at reasonable prices.

Times they are a changin

1st casualty was the fruit plate.

Next to go was the quality sausage.

The beans reduced to a small spoonful

Now the poor quality sausage has halved in size and you have to choose between a small spoonful of beans or a tomato and only 1 toast.

The 99B specials are now 129B

The 129B specials are now 149B

Have food prices really increased so much?

I think not as there are many places offering better value now.

Bye bye Le Katai.

Shame.

Ps anyone know what happend to Syd?

Edited by kevkev1888

Ok Syd

Times they are a changin

1st casualty was the fruit plate.

Next to go was the quality sausage.

The beans reduced to a small spoonful

Now the poor quality sausage has halved in size and you have to choose between a small spoonful of beans or a tomato and only 1 toast.

I think not as there are many places offering better value now.

Bye bye Le Katai.

Shame.

Ps anyone know what happened to Syd?

Opps forgot , also 2 have become 1

Bacon that is!

Apparently it changed hands recently.

I went a couple of times for Sunday roast pork when it was still 129B and thought it was OK without being fantastic.

At 149B I wont go any more; there is much better value elsewhere.