Ipod Installation

mrbojangles

Hi all,

I have Itunes on my laptop and want to install it onto my new PC. The Internet isn't brilliant here in Saudi so I don't want to download 89mb from the Itunes site if at all possible. Can anyone tell me how to install it, copying and using the files from my laptop.

:)

if your iTunes and music are on a Mac (which is suggested by the fact that you posted in this forum), yer screwed!

Sorry to be so blunt, but the iPod is either Mac or PC formatted, and you can't work between them.

Best you can do is transfer the MP3 files simply as data, but you'll need to create playlists anew.

This does assume, though, that you're talking about a transfer between PC and Mac.

if your iTunes and music are on a Mac (which is suggested by the fact that you posted in this forum), yer screwed!

Thanks for the reply Jus.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'll probably get slated in here :) but I just want to transfer from my Windows Laptop to my PC which again is Windows. I just posted in here cos it's the apple forum.

Should I just post in the general forum ? If so, could a mod please move ?

I would say it's probably possible, but entirely impractical, particularly if you don't know what you're doing (unless you saved the itunessetup.exe file somewhere when you originally downloaded it). Do you really want to be mucking about with registry keys? Just download it again Mr BJ. I mean how long can it possibly take? Even on a dial-up? For Chissakes, it's only 89 megs. Pull yourself together man. iTunes is rubbish btw. Yeah, I said it again.

Mr B - downloading it is the easiest way and indeed most likely the only way unless you're some kind of super nerd who knows exactly where the .exe file installs every single file, what services it installs, what changes it makes to the registry etc. etc. And that's assuming your PC has the same OS as your laptop. I think your only options are either download it or get a friend to download it (for the appropriate OS) and post it to you on a CD or a DVD or whatever.