Ozzy, Son Get Their Muay Thai Kicks In Pattaya

george

Ozzy, son get their muay Thai kicks in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Superstars Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne – stars of the popular reality television series “The Osbournes”– watched from ringside yesterday as their only son fought in his first muay-Thai bout in Pattaya.

“Fighting Jack” Osbourne donned the muay-Thai mongkon (traditional headband) and boxing gloves to fight against veteran muay-Thai professional “The Man” at the Pattaya Stadium last night.

Ozzy and Sharon cheered as their son scored a sensational knockout eight seconds into the second round.

Although he had been training at the elite Fairtex Muaythai Fitness Camp in Bang Plee Yai for barely three weeks, Jack Osbourne impressed his personal trainers who gave the young celebrity a crash course in the basics of Thai combat.

“His strength is his punches. He also has a fighter’s heart,”

said Philip Wong, chairman of Fairtex and manager of several muay-Thai world champions.

After putting on excess weight and running himself down to a critical level as a result of an indulgent Californian lifestyle, Jack decided to give up all alcohol and drugs and get healthy.

His dad Ozzy, who also quit drinking a year ago, gave his full support for Jack’s new direction – though he was a little concerned at the physical rigors of muay Thai.

“At first mum and dad were a little concerned. But once they came here and saw the training programs – and saw for themselves that I was mentally and physically well prepared – they were very cool about it all,” Jack said.

The British star said he underwent a detox program on Koh Phangan to cleanse his body and reduce weight.

“Yeah, I’ve lost a lot of poundage, but the trainers tell me my fighting weight is still another 10 pounds lighter,” he said. “I should be down to a super welterweight – but that will have to wait for another day, another fight.”

So, is the only son of a megastar family – which rival the Beckhams and Oprah Winfrey in terms of making headlines – looking to a professional career in muay Thai?

“You know, I like to do rock climbing and other sports that test your body, mind and spirit. But yeah, I’d have to say that muay Thai is something special. It’s really demanding and it’s becoming popular all around the world.

“I can dream of being the WBC Muay-Thai champion of the world.”

This is Osbourne’s first visit to Thailand. His family rarely travels outside the US and Britain, where they have homes but they make occasional trips to Australia.

The Osbournes have been impressed with their first encounter with Asia and the Thai lifestyle.

“What we like about the Thai people is their attitude to life,” enthused Jack. “They are really super-cool people . . . no matter what happens they don’t let stress get them down.”

Jack says he’ll leave Thailand a lot stronger and ready to take on some extreme rock climbing.

“I feel that I’ve got to a new level in how to live . . . I’ve learned a lot about myself and what’s required to get fit and stay healthy.”

--The Nation 2005-04-28

Quite a change from the fat kid who used to order pizza at 3 a.m.

I wonder if their dogs are pooping all over the hotel room as they do at home?

The Osbournes show was quite funny, seeing an aging Ozzy dealing with daily life at home. :o

Next week on 'The Osbourne's in Pattaya':

"Mum, I'm not going OUT with a Tahitian Queen, I'm going TO the Tahitian queen..."

Ozzy: "Ok Jack, but no #$@&%#! chemicals"... :o

Seriously tho, did anyone actually see the match btw?

Edited by bahtandsold

I can't believe that the fat little Beverly Hills brat made it into Muay Thai fighter, and that he "punches hard"...Give me a break, last year in "The Osbournes", he cried to his mother because his sister beat him up...On another occasion, one of his lanky, malnourished, leeching skater hippy friend, kicked his @ss....and he was half his size and pissed drunk.....And now he comes to Pattaya and becomes a Muay Thai champion.....I love the show, love Ozzy, but this is a bit of a stretch.... :o

Ozzy Osborne and Tata Young visit local boxing stadium and watch Ozzy’s son compete in his first Thai Boxing match.

This is the Tepprasit Stadium and on Wednesday Night they played host to one of the biggest international rock stars seen here in Pattaya for a long time. Ozzy Osborne, and his wife came to this boxing stadium in Jomtien to watch their son, Jack compete in a Meauy Thai boxing contest. On the VIP sofa, he was joined by one of Thailand’s hottest pop stars, Miss Tata Young. It was a fiercely contested fight with Jack Osborne winning by a knockout decision to the delight of his parents. The winning trophy was presented by Khun Witchai, a Pattaya City Councilor and owner of Hollywood Disco in South Pattaya.

www.pattayacitynews.net

28-04_2.jpg

28-04_2_2.jpg

28-04_2_3.jpg

I can't believe that the fat little Beverly Hills brat made it into Muay Thai fighter, and that he "punches hard"...Give me a break, last year in "The Osbournes", he cried to his mother because his sister beat him up...On another occasion, one of his lanky, malnourished, leeching skater hippy friend, kicked his @ss....and he was half his size and pissed drunk.....And now he comes to Pattaya and becomes a Muay Thai champion.....I love the show, love Ozzy, but this is a bit of a stretch.... :o

As the photos attest to... he's still pudgy as heck... and his opponent looks like an old, broken-down tuk-tuk driver.... and even more pudgy then Ozzy's kid.

there's your "stretch"..... :D

quote:

“Yeah, I’ve lost a lot of poundage, but the trainers tell me my fighting weight is still another 10 pounds lighter,” he said.

unquote.

you misheard them... they said at least 10 kilos lighter....

Edited by sriracha john

Ozzy Osborne and Tata Young visit local boxing stadium and watch Ozzy’s son compete in his first Thai Boxing match.

This is the Tepprasit Stadium and on Wednesday Night they played host to one of the biggest international rock stars seen here in Pattaya for a long time. Ozzy Osborne, and his wife came to this boxing stadium in Jomtien to watch their son, Jack compete in a Meauy Thai boxing contest. On the VIP sofa, he was joined by one of Thailand’s hottest pop stars, Miss Tata Young. It was a fiercely contested fight with Jack Osborne winning by a knockout decision to the delight of his parents. The winning trophy was presented by Khun Witchai, a Pattaya City Councilor and owner of Hollywood Disco in South Pattaya.

www.pattayacitynews.net

28-04_2.jpg

28-04_2_2.jpg

28-04_2_3.jpg

Ha Ha Ha - so thats 'veteran muay-Thai professional “The Man”' is it ?

Looks like a fat old bloke to me.

As for Jacks fighting weight being 10lbs lighter - try 30lbs you fat little shi te.

i think it's good that he's found a more positive direction

the kid obviously gets down and this seems like a positive step after all the news about him getting hooked on drugs etc

i didn't see the fight so i don't know how hard it was, the photo's i did see though show the thai being very sloppy with his kicks-no guard at all

only peeps who saw the fight and know boxing will know how easy the fight was and if it was a good KO

a fair few thais would take a fall..

..and a fair few thais aren't used to western style punches

maybe a video of it will turn up on the net?

Jack osbourne could'nt Box eggs!

Did u see the condition of the so called ''ex world champion'' he was fighting. he was fat and totally out of condition.

Personally speaking I think the fight might have been fixed or some kind of deal was made before hand. The way his opponent went down was very dramatic, the same way as the fighters go down in play fights they have in the rings in walking street and bars aroundPattaya.

I also study boxing and have done alittle Muay Thai myself and his boxing skills were terrible, any decent puncher or someone who wanted to make contact with him would have done so numerous of times and put him on his fat arse!

Hope he is Pattaya in July, I will get in the ring with the fat <deleted>!

Jack osbourne could'nt Box eggs!

Did u see the condition of the so called ''ex world champion'' he was fighting. he was fat and totally out of condition.

Personally speaking I think the fight might have been fixed or some kind of deal was made before hand. The way his opponent went down was very dramatic, the same way as the fighters go down in play fights they have in the rings in walking street and bars aroundPattaya.

I also study boxing and have done alittle Muay Thai myself and his boxing skills were terrible, any decent puncher or someone who wanted to make contact with him would have done so numerous of times and put him on his fat arse!

Hope he is Pattaya in July, I will get in the ring with the fat <deleted>!

So you dont rate him then??

• 4 weeks later...

I was here, and saw the ugly guy on the sacred ring... all was arranged before the "fight" with T.V news and Fairtex school! Nobody with sane brain can believe to this fake. Anyway it's money rules... but i'm angry with this 'cause i'm fighting in Thailand since 2 years and i know how it's hard, and i think it's a shame for the noble art this kind of people promote it.

Stay in L.A. and leave us quiet with real wet!

Enjoy u'r stay in Pattaya :o

(old news... sorry just register today on board!)

• 4 weeks later...

:D:D AGREE These or this boxing camp/s should promote their art of muay thai not degrade it. Students spend hours upon hours to develop their skills, I'd like to see that fat little tv star get in the boxing ring with someone that has a little skill and then send the right message to the world about the skills of muaythai, shame on you Faitex for your cheap advertising. :o

I was here, and saw the ugly guy on the sacred ring... all was arranged before the "fight" with T.V news and Fairtex school! Nobody with sane brain can believe to this fake. Anyway it's money rules... but i'm angry with this 'cause i'm fighting in Thailand since 2 years and i know how it's hard, and i think it's a shame for the noble art this kind of people promote it.

Stay in L.A. and leave us quiet with real wet!

Enjoy u'r stay in Pattaya :D

(old news... sorry just register today on board!)