Interrogation At Nongkhai Border About Tourist Visa ?

The judgment on entry is always the Immigration Officer at the point of entry. The Consulate only provides the invitation letter - the bouncer can send you packing regardless of the letter.

But does this ever happen?

I remember reading a newspaper article about Eastern European prostitutes working in Thailand. In the article an Immigration Officer working at a point of entry was quoted as saying (I am quoting from memory) " We know exactly why they are coming here, but we cannot refuse them entry, because they obtained a tourist visa in one of the neighbouring countries".

Edited by keestha

Normally not.

People entering on visa exempt stamps might be asked their means of living when they have done a few in a row.

Holders of a valid visa very seldom are bothered with questions.

Unless you forget to remove your balaclava. :)

It happens but not often and there would have to be a reason - normally it would be a violent outburst that gets taken to a higher level or such; as no time is normally available to do more than check documents for the line officer. But if name comes up on computer they most surly will - as a new item in the last month proves.

I was once asked some questions by an immigration official when arriving at Swampy airport. I arrived on a marriage Non-O visa and she asked me questions such as where do I stay and can I speak Thai.

She was actually quite pretty and so I like to think that maybe she was just chatting me up. :)