Thailand Donates $20000 To Haiti

Slaps

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only $20,000 I hope thats a misprint... thats like leaving a 2 baht tip after a meal, just insulting

and how many millions did they take after the tsunami?

On Thai News as well 600 thousand baht

:)

Edited by Slaps

I'm not having this. There's no way they would donate such a paultry sum :)

I believe it. The thinking is probably, hey that's a really small island country on the other side of the world. Of course, nothing might have been better from a PR point of view, but in reality, it is better than nothing. Its all needed.

I am going to say this just because I feel it needs to be said and I bet some people are thinking it. Do you think the race of the Haitian people has anything to do with the paltry response?

I would hope not JT.

I just read some commentary from the US. A certain famous American right wing commentator has already brought racial politics into the issue there in a negative way. Racial issues are always there, whether overt or not.

"This will play right into Obama's hands -- humanitarian, compassionate," Limbaugh said. "They'll use this to burnish their, shall we say, credibility with the black community, in both the light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country. It's made to order for him."
Edited by Jingthing

but he's a redneck,appealing to a redneck audience,we're talking about a national govt.that cannot afford to be seen to be racist.maybe the thai minister in charge had a bad day at the races.

Not so much a redneck, just a total tw#t :)

only $20,000 I hope thats a misprint... thats like leaving a 2 baht tip after a meal, just insulting

and how many millions did they take after the tsunami?

On Thai News as well 600 thousand baht

:)

Is it reported proudly, with embarrssment or (of course not) criticism?

so shameful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_...#List_of_donors

North KOREA, the country with masses of starving people gave mor than 7 times that during the Tsunami...

The Royal Cambodian Government has donated USD 40,000 during the Tsunami... So cambodia can afford double what Thailand can?

Edited by MyphuketLife

I was thinking about what amount would begin to be respectable. What do you think? I think more like 100 million baht as a minimum.

i think australia gave 10,000000 dollars which equates to 300,000000 baht,as australia is a much wealthier country moneywise(and i think australia contribution could have been more)how about 70,000000 baht from thailand?

Find it odd that this 'story' is being reported by the pattaya daily News yet there is nothing in the on-line version if the Bangkok post. now which paper has the most credibility??

i found the amount hard to believe is true and would hope its a typing error in the pattaya press who are well known for wild guesses,unforced errors,and fanciful stories.

but he's a redneck,appealing to a redneck audience,we're talking about a national govt.that cannot afford to be seen to be racist.maybe the thai minister in charge had a bad day at the races.

thais dont support tiger woods, why would they support haitians, i never noticed but haitians are all over sukhumvit in the wee hours of the morning.ok ok.....they look like haitians.

come on, rush wouldnt be so big if he only appealed to rednecks.

he appeals to those who believe in freedom, let the people run themselves, not obamawamma!

dont ya believe in freedom for the american people jing :):D:D , no need to answer, from your posts apparently not!

That’s hogwash, Rush appeals to oppressive redneck period... Rush believes in freedom/equality if your white.

Find it odd that this 'story' is being reported by the pattaya daily News yet there is nothing in the on-line version if the Bangkok post. now which paper has the most credibility??

It in the Post, can’t post the link, but look for article about the Thais staying the Haiti. In the Nation as well in similar article.

TH

Edited by thaihome

I think Rush is like many of the propagandists who are highly paid to lead and influence people by their mentors or mentor groups. I do not think his listeners can defined as any one group or title as some people so often do. Back on topic, no one has brought up cheap Charley as a description of Thailand's initial donation, but we all know the Thai government posts are not filled by people of this persuasion. They have been reported to spend more than this on wine for a cabinet/committee dinner meeting.

If its not a misprint,it really is pitiful,after all the help thailand received after the tsunami.that amount of money amounts to 1 weeks tea money from district 8 precinct in bangkok.

I wonder if Haiti gave Thailand money after the tsunami.

I'm surprised they gave anything - no Thais know where Haiti is, actually neither do I :) - where is it?