Tubeless Motor Cycle Tyres.

paulchiangmai

Anyone advize me about the pros or cons of tubeless motor cycle tyres to fit a 125 wave. I am tired of pumping up my present tubed tyres every week, they drop from 35 psi to about 20 psi in that time. I have in the past bought many different brands of tubes hoping to find one that can retain air a little longer all without success. Thanks for any info.

I agree, pain in the arse constantly checking and refilling.

Put new donuts on the Wave in November, and top of the line tubes.

Held pressure perfectly for about a month...then the same scenario as mentioned above.

If anyone finds a shop here in CM that offers alloy wheels, and tubeless tyres in the appropriate sizing....let us know here.

if you get a nail or something in the tire, you need a new one.

tubes can be repaired, tires not.

or am i wrong?

Tubeless can be repaired on the road with a small kit in less than 5 minutes and without taking off the wheel .Its only a temporary repair though just to get you home and it has to be fixed by a professional tire shop later .

I know I am a little slow, but i cannot reason out why tubeless tires hole air better than tubes.

However, I also am checking and refilling the tires on my wife's bike. Whereas my CBR can go on and on with no problem.

Same here. Don't understand why tubeless should hold air better than tubes, but it's annoying always having to go and check and refill the air.

I know I am a little slow, but i cannot reason out why tubeless tires hole air better than tubes.

However, I also am checking and refilling the tires on my wife's bike. Whereas my CBR can go on and on with no problem.

Same here. Don't understand why tubeless should hold air better than tubes, but it's annoying always having to go and check and refill the air.

Could be something to do with porosity of the rubber, presumably a tyre is thicker and would retain air longer than a thin inner tube. Could the tubes in your CBR be imported from Japan and possibly be a better quality rubber?

Could be something to do with porosity of the rubber, presumably a tyre is thicker and would retain air longer than a thin inner tube. Could the tubes in your CBR be imported from Japan and possibly be a better quality rubber?

Don't think it's the rubber, but I have to constantly pump up my front tyre, but not the back. These are the ones that came with the Honda Wave.

CBR = Tubeless

tyres with tubes are usually more airtight than tubless. If your tubes are going flat every week, I reckon you gotta problem with the rim, or the tyre. What can happen, especially with inferior quality tyres, is that when you inflate the tyre, a tiny little piece of wire pushes out of the bead, and into the tube. It makes such a small hole its nigh on impossible to find. I have seen this happen more than once. But dont go changing your tyres on my advise, i might be well wrong. You definately cannot put tubeless tyres on rims designed for tubes.

if you get a nail or something in the tire, you need a new one.

tubes can be repaired, tires not.

or am i wrong?

Tubeless can be repaired on the road with a small kit in less than 5 minutes and without taking off the wheel .Its only a temporary repair though just to get you home and it has to be fixed by a professional tire shop later .

And why should that be only a temporary repair?Car tires are repaired this way for at least the last 20 years so what's the difference with a motorcycle tire.