Repair Of Cell Phone Touch Screen

A friend of mine visited recently and he gets these promotional mobile phones due to his position at work. Since he found it a bit of a hassle to use, he passed on an LG phone to me, the KM900 Arena, a touch screen phone. The problem is, the touch screen seems to somehow have been damaged on the way here, now the bottom row keys do not respond anymore, and these keys are the most crucial ones for the phone's functions (red receiver, green receiver and menu).

I've googled the problem and found one other person with the same symptoms but his post in a different place on the web has not received a reply.

Has anyone had success having a touch screen phone repaired here, if so where? How much did you pay?

Some people have recommended MBK and I guess that is where I will go if no better suggestions come up. A place in Chiang Mai would be preferable as I am there now, but based on earlier experiences with trying to get mobile phones repaired I am not getting my hopes up for them being able to handle touch screens.

Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone who has a good suggestion. :)