Need Shop To Repair A Floor Fan

LukDod

What odd replies some post.... Why buy a new one?....

I have 4 Floor Fans the cheapest is a Hitari floor fan cost 1.700 baht, last year had to take it to the repair man for a new motor cost 200 baht.

Maybe best to ask a local Thai, as there sure to know, around where I live every Village appears to have more than one electrical repair man..

Edit: best electric repairman I use has a small shop selling bottled gas, he cleans air conditioners, has repaired my microwave, one of my fridges, freezer and so far 2 fans, supplies the bottled gas, his wife supplies the bottled drinking water..... They both speak perfect English [Daughter is married and lives in the USA]

Edited by ignis

What odd replies some post.... Why buy a new one?....

I have 4 Floor Fans the cheapest is a Hitari floor fan cost 1.700 baht, last year had to take it to the repair man for a new motor cost 200 baht.

Looks like we have a rather posh social layer amongst our members... :)

I'm fully with you...why buying a new one if a repair costs a fraction of it. Just rescued my old fan from the garbage and will bring it to repair as well...

^ There's also a guy on SSCC who can repair your fan. He is opposite the Kiss restaurant, the shop front full of old tv's and washing machines and such stuff.

right...remember this one. Brought my stereo amp there a couple of times for cleaning.

The best place and cheapest place I've found is on Third Road, 2 doors south of soi 23. On the west side of the street. A small shop with a seamstress in front of it. The man that does the repairs has no use of his legs and is usually on the floor fixing something. He is excellent with fan motors and can repair it for 100-200 baht. Beat the cost of a new large fan of over 1200 baht for a good one. He can really repair just about anything!! Speaks a moderate amount of English. No problem in explaining what you need done. Prompt and cheap quality work!

• 2 weeks later...

Addendum:

Got my Hatari floor fan back; repaired at site suggested by 'Phil Conners'.

Thanks, Phil!

Cost me 350-Bt for the new motor and 20-minutes total to drop off and pick up the fan.

Compared to buying a new same model Hatari fan for 2,000-Bt, it's a net savings of 1650-Bt ($50-US).

I guess 'londonthai' who said it would be 'cheaper get a new one' must overly affluent

as the savings on an hourly basis would be 4,950-Bt ($150-US) :)

To each his own.... :D

• 6 months later...

Opposite the post office in Naklua, on Sawang Fa, is a small shop that repairs fans. They have lots of fans and other spare parts on display so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

I'll be on my way right after breakfast. I need the knob for the switch which control oscillation on a 20" Victor, the second one bought from Home Mart. Seems they never make the hole in the motor housing case big enough, or it's off center so the knob rubs the case while oscillating until it breaks at the base inside the case housing. The first fell apart right out of the box, seems the shaft which controls the gears which cause it to oscillate was improperly installed.

Even this one needed further repairs, the swing arm which causes the fan to rotate came out of placement. I expect it to happen again since only a plastic bushing holds it together.

Thanks Phil,

From Les AKA dillpickles98