Where To Buy Quality Stereo Equipment In Pattaya?

craigt3365

I've been to PowerBuy, Carrefour, Tesco, etc. Ok stuff, but I am looking for a higher end system. Maybe Denon? Or some good receiver like that. Plus, some outdoor speakers, subwoofer, etc.

Are there any decent HiFi stores here in Pattaya? Or is it best to make a run to Bangkok?

Thanks!!

Craig

Probably best to go to Bangkok, but you can try Numchai on Sukhumvit rd. (between SSCC and Neunplabwan). It's been a while since I've been there but they used to have an "audiophile room" with higher end stuff.

Plus one for Numchai. I bought Boston Acoustics there, which although not the real top end, is as good as you'll get this side of BK.

hummm...I wandered around there the other day, but did not see stereo stuff. I will head to Numchai today and have a closer look. Agreed that BA is not the real top end stuff, but it is still pretty darn good.

Thanks!

Craig

P.S. I did find this place, which appears to have an outlet in SriRacha, Tukcom. I might head up there also....

http://www.piyanas.com/en/show_sriracha.shtml

Edited by craigt3365

Head to Siam Paragon in Bangkok and go for the Machintosh.

I saw they had some stereos in there for over 3,000,000 baht so that should be pretty high quality

There is also Bose show room

Bang and Olfsen

and a bunch of other high end stores

Denon can be bought at powerbuy in central en at the shop behind Big C south pattaya,forgot the name but take a look there the shop is easy to find as it has a Denon sign outside.

Marantz can also be bought at powerbuy central,yamaha can be had at every homepro branch other then the one in pattaya.

If you're going to spend good money on a quality high-end stereo system, I would go to MBK in Bangkok. No reason to mess around in Pattaya if you're spending that kind of money.

You are kidding, of course?

Anyway, regardless of the fact that the best you'll do in MBK is PowerBuy, he was talking about Denon. Sorry, but Denon is not High End HiFi. Denon make music systems; quite good ones, I'll admit, even HiFi to some people, but high end. I'm afraid not.

and if you are willing to shell out mega bucks, have a shopping trip to Singapore. :D

Probably save money buying it in Singapore considering most stuff is much cheaper there. :D

that's what I mean...it is cheaper indeed even if you fly there first class. Forgot to mention..you need to delcare it with customs, that could be a damper... :)

If you're going to spend good money on a quality high-end stereo system, I would go to MBK in Bangkok. No reason to mess around in Pattaya if you're spending that kind of money.

You are kidding, of course?

Anyway, regardless of the fact that the best you'll do in MBK is PowerBuy, he was talking about Denon. Sorry, but Denon is not High End HiFi. Denon make music systems; quite good ones, I'll admit, even HiFi to some people, but high end. I'm afraid not.

Somehow I dont think he is kidding, just another misinformed poster trying to be helpful.

Why anyone would buy anything from a shopping mall and pay jacked up prices is beyond me.

If the op is looking for Denon, he could do a lot worse than try the Mahajak store on Suk soi 3 Bkk.

Denon can be bought at powerbuy in central en at the shop behind Big C south pattaya,forgot the name but take a look there the shop is easy to find as it has a Denon sign outside.

Marantz can also be bought at powerbuy central,yamaha can be had at every homepro branch other then the one in pattaya.

Seconded...they also have Bose.

Alternativley buy off E-bay...problem solved.

20 years ago there was a store on Central road called "55555", they had a listening booth and they had some really good gear, Boston Acoustics, JBL, Carver, I bought a very nice set of JBL 5.1 including the active sub, then they disappeared, although I heard they were in Naklua somewhere. I still have two of the JBL's, I had them reconned and they are now my rears, in a 7.1 setup. To be honest I havnt seen such a good shop since then , even in BKK. My current system has a Sunfire True sub, with BA centre and front and the trusty old JBL's as rears, I put a couple of BA's that I bought in Singapore as the last two links in the 7.1 chain. I would recommend the shop in Bangkok where I bought the Sunfire True Sub, but I dont remember where it is ( I could find out if anyone is interested).

regards

Great info! Thanks!!!! I had a Denon AV receiver back in the US. It was a pretty good unit. Lots of power, 7.1, HDMI/Optical inputs. Looked fairly highend to me...especially at $700USD on sale. But I am NOT an audiophile. B&O, etc., are way over my head. I saw one of their systems at Siam Discovery. 1MM. Nice, but will save that cash for a car purchase!

I wandered around Tesco and Big C, but only saw complete systems...speakers, DVD, Receiver, etc. I was kinda looking for just the receiver, then get my own DVD player and speakers or bring my Bose speakers from the states back here. Not sure what route will do yet.

Ebay...interesting...hadn't thought about that yet. I will check it out for sure!

Again, Thanks!

Craig

Great info! Thanks!!!! I had a Denon AV receiver back in the US. It was a pretty good unit. Lots of power, 7.1, HDMI/Optical inputs. Looked fairly highend to me...especially at $700USD on sale. But I am NOT an audiophile. B&O, etc., are way over my head. I saw one of their systems at Siam Discovery. 1MM. Nice, but will save that cash for a car purchase!

I wandered around Tesco and Big C, but only saw complete systems...speakers, DVD, Receiver, etc. I was kinda looking for just the receiver, then get my own DVD player and speakers or bring my Bose speakers from the states back here. Not sure what route will do yet.

Ebay...interesting...hadn't thought about that yet. I will check it out for sure!

Again, Thanks!

Craig

Try Duck Square shopping plaza on Pattaya south road, they have the Mahajak dealer for all your hi-end audio systems there, they are the main local distributors for major audio systems if I am not wrong.

The Power Buy in Central has Denon as well as other good brands.

My last purchase was made at Piyanas Electic located at the Tuk.com in Siracha. I have never been to the store, but made the purchase by phone. The phone number is 081-917-1378 and I spoke with Dew who I believe is the owner. The equipment was brought to me and I paid at that time. They have a website at www.piyanas.com.

Again, Thanks!

Craig

Try Duck Square shopping plaza on Pattaya south road, they have the Mahajak dealer for all your hi-end audio systems there, they are the main local distributors for major audio systems if I am not wrong.

That was a great place to visit! Thanks for the recommendation, spent a few hours there yesterday. They have some pretty good stuff there, and seemed to be good prices...at least for Thailand. The guy (girl?) who works the sound room is fairly knowledgeable. He/she said they are building a new store right next to Big C and it will be quite large. Should be moved in within 6 months or so. They are the Mahajak branch for Pattaya. I loved the wireless outdoor speakers from JBL with remote control. Perfect for the patio!

Again, Thanks!!!!

Craig