Wanted A Decent Satelite Installer

pieter73

I needed a real Satelite installer in Bangkok that can handle my standards

as a fall back thing in case I started to a big fight with a well known one.

(not cheap but boy how wrong was I to expect some civilization)

So English language

explaining something.

Pieter :)

Have you spoken with Jon at Jsat ??

I lost most of my favorite channels while using Jsat services and they asked me the same annual renewal fees for only a few channels left without any guarantee. I told them that it wasn't fair and that I was nervous to spend money not knowing what I would get or not, and someone at Jsat just basically told me that they didn't want my business.

So I went to TRUE Visions, considered as having the worst customer support, and they are definitely better than Jsat so far...

Just my own experience...

I lost most of my favorite channels while using Jsat services and they asked me the same annual renewal fees for only a few channels left without any guarantee. I told them that it wasn't fair and that I was nervous to spend money not knowing what I would get or not, and someone at Jsat just basically told me that they didn't want my business.

So I went to TRUE Visions, considered as having the worst customer support, and they are definitely better than Jsat so far...

Seems the satellite channels (the TV stations) are run by the channel provider and not jsat it hard for any satellite company anywhere in the world, other than a cable tv provider to guarantee anything on satellite (and we all saw what happened to BBC Entertainment), as what is here today may well be gone in the morning such is the dynamics of satellite TV and radio.

For Me cleared

Pieter :):D:D:D

Seems the satellite channels (the TV stations) are run by the channel provider and not jsat it hard for any satellite company anywhere in the world, other than a cable tv provider to guarantee anything on satellite (and we all saw what happened to BBC Entertainment), as what is here today may well be gone in the morning such is the dynamics of satellite TV and radio.

Well, yes, I'm fully aware that nothing is guaranteed as far as channels are concerned; it's the attitude that I didn't like, it was like they were happy to see me go (and I was polite and patient all the time). No help, no alternative offered. Very cold actually.

Then I contacted also another satellite services supplier and Jsat refused to unlock my Dreambox (I'm not actually sure exactly how it works) so the new guy said that I would need to buy a new box, and that it was always the same story when a customer was trying to move away from Jsat his company.

I finally decided to go for UBC as I do not have much trust now in satellite companies.

its a good choice to go to truevision. the reason is that dreamboxes etc is for people with a lot of pc knowledge. If you dont, these systems will screw you (with or without the help of a company).

I have decent pc knowledge, but still needed help from old friends and new dreambox friends. its a great hobby but not for all.

Then I contacted also another satellite services supplier and Jsat refused to unlock my Dreambox (I'm not actually sure exactly how it works) so the new guy said that I would need to buy a new box, and that it was always the same story when a customer was trying to move away from Jsat his company.

That's for sure not true.

Jon, the man behind JSat, has put quite some effort in writing the Wiki pages for the Dreambox PLI software. With the information on those pages anyone can install, re-install and configure a Dreambox.

That 'new guy' telling you to buy a new box was probably more interested in taking your money than helping you out.

Sorry but the next installer is just preying on your ignorance.. JSAT havent locked your dreambax, they simply have it set up for their system.. If a new installer is going to reconfigure then its his job to reflash the box to his setup, thats what you pay for.

Making you pay for a new box is just screwing you over.. Well done for finding a 'good' alternative !!

Did they charge you >4000 or so for a clone also !!

Jsats are clones too and they charge full prices for them.

Only pay around 3000baht for a dreambox (500) anything more is overpriced.

Personally I wouldn't touch Jsat with a barge pole. Considerably more expensive than other installers and their customer support stinks.

• 2 weeks later...
Jsats are clones too and they charge full prices for them.

That's what I now suspect... :)

Personally I wouldn't touch Jsat with a barge pole. Considerably more expensive than other installers and their customer support stinks.

Totally in agreement.

I haven't bought a new box (fake or real) from anyone yet; I only re-installed the default factory settings on my expensive (most probably) fake box and upgraded the firmware. Now I'm playing with it as a hobby and I will eventually get what I want (with a little time...). The community support is great and non-business oriented, I get more support than I can handle for absolutely free (well, only a tiny bit of bandwidth...).

In the meantime my family can enjoy UBC, and so far so good, never had to call customer support. Once I have more channels on the DreamBox we can have more than we can enjoy without having to pay anything more.