Don's Rawai

DonaldBattles

Many thanks to a lot of kind customers who have commented on the almost 13 years of operation of Don's. I have tried to do my best and know that I could have always done a little better. My old legs are approaching 76 and they are not half the man they used to be. 16 hours per day 7 days per week for the past 7 months has been difficult. It is time for me to move on to another mission in life. I will be studying Chinese at the Yunnan University in Kunming.

Our wholesale operation to restaurants and hotels in Phuket will continue but operated out of a smaller location. We will concentrte on the 56 products that we produce in Bangkok and Chiang Rai.

For those poor students that I have helped get through school I know that you will continue to do good in life. I have 2 left that will be taken care of.

Dependable staff in Phuket gets more and more difficult to find. Competition with beer bars in Rawai is difficult as the alternative to real work is better.

My shops are loaded with good stock and we will not close until the land lord's last supper on Saturday March 13. The bakery continues to operate. In the meantime, I would like to sell and reserve items in kitchen, bakery and restaurant items that people would like to purchase.

Thank you Don for being there. I first came to your restaurant about 5 years ago and it was a great experience mostly because of you-you shook my hand and asked how I liked my burger? Pretty dam_n good as I remember! Your Thanksgivings were a regular for me and I am sure other Americans here-a nice nostalgia trip for us when we needed it most. Your personal attention to detail was appreciated and will be sorely missed. I have heard of your humanitarian efforts as well and can only say again you are appreciated. Thanks for the avocados and other goodies over the years....Learning a new language is supposedly one of the best things we can do to keep our minds fresh and active-not surprised you are embarking on such an effort-well done! I will see you soon I hope to say thanks again for everything you have done.....and will do in future...

It's such a shame for the area to lose you, but I;m sure we all support your decision.

I first came across you at your old place, back in November 2000. I'd taken my girlfriend (now my wife) to your place for a birthday meal, and asked a staff member if they could surprise her with a birthday cake at the end of the meal.

Hey, I was a total stranger and you didn't know me from Adam - I could've been a "once visit nobody". But, you and some staff came over, brought a cake, and sung 'happy birthday'.

Now, that 'going the extra mile', and pride in service, has resulted in many re-visits over the years. That birthday meal is something we both talk about to this day. It's a pity few others in the area don't consider their customers the way you did to us many years ago.

Every good wish for the future.

Don, I am so sorry to hear you are shutting up shop in Rawai. I stopped at your place every day for milk and bread with the children. When we first moved to Phuket and were struggling financially, you helped us out. I will never forget that. Thank you so much. I am sure that the closure of Don's will leave a big gap in the Rawai/Naiharn culture.

Best of luck for the future from all of us now at home in Barbados. I think you know who we are.

Take good care.

It's such a shame for the area to lose you, but I;m sure we all support your decision.

I first came across you at your old place, back in November 2000. I'd taken my girlfriend (now my wife) to your place for a birthday meal, and asked a staff member if they could surprise her with a birthday cake at the end of the meal.

Hey, I was a total stranger and you didn't know me from Adam - I could've been a "once visit nobody". But, you and some staff came over, brought a cake, and sung 'happy birthday'.

Now, that 'going the extra mile', and pride in service, has resulted in many re-visits over the years. That birthday meal is something we both talk about to this day. It's a pity few others in the area don't consider their customers the way you did to us many years ago.

Every good wish for the future.

:)

I had near exact same treatment years ago, and agree fully with you..Now, anywhere customers are just treated with ;;up to you '' attitude .. :D

Good luck in China Don..

been eating at dons for about 7or 8 years now,,my first meal there was shared with a beautiful young Thai lady on her lunch brake,we still at eat dons and will continue to do so has long as some one there to cook,best Salmon steak in town,happy days,

good luck to you don