Single Re-entry

I currently hold a valid US passport with a Thai 1 year extension for work (Non-B ). The current extension expires September 2010. In a few months, I will leave Thailand for a month or so to travel. I will return long before the September 2010 expiration date. I don't have a re-entry stamp in my passport. I assume, when I visit the new Khon Kaen Imm. office to get a single re-entry stamp I will be required to present my passport, 1900 baht, and the proper form. I believe it should be a simple exercise. Will I need to have or show anything else? The last time I did this was at the old Udorn Aek hospital office in Udorn, and everything was handled very quickly. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pretty straight forward. The fee is 1,000 Baht. You will need a passport size photo for the form.

Thanks lopburi and Lite Beer. I will add "copies" and "photos" to my list. I had thought that the Imm people may want to use the opportunity to ask for unrelated paperwork, like 90 day reports, work contract, address change etc. Thanks much.

Pretty straight forward. The fee is 1,000 Baht. You will need a passport size photo for the form.

Thanks lopburi and Lite Beer. I will add "copies" and "photos" to my list. I had thought that the Imm people may want to use the opportunity to ask for unrelated paperwork, like 90 day reports, work contract, address change etc. Thanks much.

Good move Oldguy. Whenever I go to immigration for the slightest bit of business, I always carry the full suitcase of every imaginable item they could ask for, including my first dirty diaper. :)

You will need to complete application form TM8, which can be obtained from immigration office or downloaded here:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

Thaiphoon, Thank you. I've stopped filling out forms taken from the internet after they were rejected by Imm at NongKai. The forms from the internet, which I had carefully filled out at home, didn't have the NongKai Immigration rubber stamp on them. I was instructed to throw away the forms from the internet (their website forms) and fill out the very same form available from the desk at their office.

Single entry is 1,000 Baht.

Nowadays on Saturday morning till 12'o clock, you can obtain the re-entry permits in the Suan Plu immigration office also.

Not so much rush. So I prefer to obtain here instead of the new location.

A photo and 1,000 Baht along with your application is more than enough. But better keep a copy of your passport's front page and visa page.