Anyone Know A Good (?) Real Estate Agent Chiangmai

clinique

Suggest you clarify with any Agent that should you sell the house privately that they will not be standing waiting for commission. They might not accept that situation but if you are in a hurry to sell could take a long time.We engaged an Agent in Bangkok to sell our house . He did nothing,not one single inspection in 8 months and when I had a friend ring, enquiring about our house his advice to him was "I have better to show you ,its too expensive".We sold it a few weeks after, with a sign on the gate, for the price we wanted. He then hounded us for commision ,threatening phone calls etc. I am sure there are many reputable agents in CM but make sure you know where you stand and its difficult as the contracts, with Agents ,are usually in Thai, best to get it checked by a lawyer beacuse our experience was that the Agents advice and motivation to sell our propety was totally misleading.

Suggest you clarify with any Agent that should you sell the house privately that they will not be standing waiting for commission. They might not accept that situation but if you are in a hurry to sell could take a long time.We engaged an Agent in Bangkok to sell our house . He did nothing,not one single inspection in 8 months and when I had a friend ring, enquiring about our house his advice to him was "I have better to show you ,its too expensive".We sold it a few weeks after, with a sign on the gate, for the price we wanted. He then hounded us for commision ,threatening phone calls etc. I am sure there are many reputable agents in CM but make sure you know where you stand and its difficult as the contracts, with Agents ,are usually in Thai, best to get it checked by a lawyer beacuse our experience was that the Agents advice and motivation to sell our propety was totally misleading.

thanks and advice noted.. much appreciated,,

Good Luck

It all depends on what you call a good agent.

In my opinion there are NONE. What you do have here is a large number of mostly women who go around play the role of agents. If they should hear of someone who is looking for a house and they think you have money, they will try and find something for you to look at.

Don't expect the Western standard of RE agent. Most of these so called agents have abslolutely no training or education in how to sell real estate. They all seem to have the idea that it is a good way to make easy money and they know they would be good at it because there mother told them that they would.

Don't mean to sound negative but that is my opinion of the so called R E Agents here.

I do wish you luck though....

Sunbelt Chiang Mai recently became an agent for Century 21.

There are a lot of other agents out there. Sunbelt tried to get them to organize into a real estate association. I'm not sure what happened with that but they had a couple of meeting.

Call Ed at 053.277.707 and ask him, the general manager of Century 21/Sunbelt.

try Jasmine Homes... the owner, Steve, is a falang, with Western standards in his business. He is also an engineer, does his own developments and has been in CM for many years. I have found him to be extemely helpful, honest and knowledgeable

• 1 year later...

All real estate agents are dishonest .

Oh really? Have you met all of them and tested them.

I am a real estate agent, and all I can say is that your comment is seriously misguided - a cheap and sweeping statement!

There is no honest or dishonest real estate agent, they just want to make money.

As do we all :)

All real estate agents are dishonest .Deal with them on that basis and you may get results .Best though just to deal with the owner if buying .

All real estate agents are dishonest .

Oh really? Have you met all of them and tested them.

I am a real estate agent, and all I can say is that your comment is seriously misguided - a cheap and sweeping statement!

There is no honest or dishonest real estate agent, they just want to make money.

As do we all :)

All real estate agents are dishonest .Deal with them on that basis and you may get results .Best though just to deal with the owner if buying .

Any particular reason you dig up a thread that has been lying dormant for a year and a half? :crazy:

/ Priceless

To defend himself against sweeping generalizations? Can't say as I blame him (or her)

However, it doesn't do much for the forum to drag up old threads that no longer have any relevance.

//CLOSED//