Carling Cup

samuibeachcomber

We'll agree to disagree about Tevez then james. Personally I thought he was outstanding.

But not one of you have mentioned what team the lying red nosed bar-steward put out last night. "I'm gonna let the kids play cos they have got us this far"...my ass. He put out the strongest team he possibly could. At least we have ALWAYS stated we would play our strongest team we had available.

Rafael 18, rooney 23, anderson 21, evans 24, Mame 23, valencia 23.

Don't let VDS and Giggsy throw off the curve mate. :D

Apart from Rafael, they're not kids in Footballing terms. And the majority have regular first team experience.

My point was, Fergusson said he was going to play the team that got them to the semi-final. This is the team you played against Tottenham:-

Kuszczak Neville Brown Vidic De Laet Obertan Gibson Anderson Park Welbeck Berbatov

A bit different to last night wouldn't you agree ?

Ok mate whatever, I am sure we will all lose sleep cause SAF changed his mind and didn't supply you with our starting line-up and tactics 48 hrs before the match. :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tevez............. Good on him but, please <deleted> stop with antics, we don't care, you've gone, your choice, forget about it....! :)

Something about City that seems to bring out bitterness for former clubs. Don't really get it. Both Ade and Tevez were treated well by their previous clubs. So they get a bit of flack from the crowd? What do they expect? Rise above it man. Bit of class. Go celebrate with your own fans. Enough of the sock puppet <deleted>!

If Owen (that's the poison dwarf to all you scousers) ever scores at Anfield for us, i'll be saddened should he get involved with that sort of nonsense. Not necessary. Really it's not. Scoring is a dagger in the heart. Leave it at that. Job done.

We'll agree to disagree about Tevez then james. Personally I thought he was outstanding.

But not one of you have mentioned what team the lying red nosed bar-steward put out last night. "I'm gonna let the kids play cos they have got us this far"...my ass. He put out the strongest team he possibly could. At least we have ALWAYS stated we would play our strongest team we had available.

You won with a bias ref,

:)

You're havin a Girraffe aren't you Red. To you lot, a ref who is even handed is bias cos you're so used to getting things all your own way. Richards got a penalty awarded against him for exactly the same thing the other night against Everton. We didn't whinge about it then and it's actually nice to see some consistency for a change.

The ref even gave you 6 minutes again but you couldn't do anything with it this time. :D

Mr Bojangles why are you so bitter about United ? You won the game last night,why not enjoy it rather than villifying everone who comes into your sights

And to correct a couple of things you have said. There were 5 minutes extra time played not 6 and 5 was totaly justified with injuries and replacements.

The Richards and Raphael penalties were chalk and cheese Richards fouled outside the box but as the attacker was still on his feet the ref played the advantage until Richards fouled him again in the box and he had no choice. Last night Raphael fouled Bellamy outside the box but Bellamy fell over inside the box. 2 ex international referees have come out today as said it should have been a free kick outside the box. But thats football.

Your continual derogatory comments about Ferguson only demean yourself. He said before United loss to Leeds he would play youth obviously after that result the situation changed and Mike Phelan said in an interview on Sky that the team would be strengthened with more experience for the Carling Cup and even he didnt say that doesnt Ferguson have the right to choose a team or does he have to run it by City fans first.

Ferguson is a somewhat controversial ,media created, figure. He believes in free speech which the FA dont, every statement of discontent by any manager has to been sanitised so as not to offend them. Ferguson is probably the most fined and reprimanded manager around but all I hear is that he has the refs in his pocket ,what nonsense.If he was as bad as you portray why does he have the respect of so many other Managers in the UK.

While you will be loathe to admit it the frustration of not winning anything for 30 odd years while Ferguson has won 25 trophies in that time is eating away at you and other " fans". Now you are so close to actually winning something your vitriol is a little out of control. If I could whip myself into such a frenzy over the above I think I would seriously find another interest ,its not banter ,banter is ,or should include humour,not much evidence in these threads . Good luck next week but not to much.

You won with a bias ref,

You're havin a Girraffe aren't you Red. To you lot, a ref who is even handed is bias cos you're so used to getting things all your own way. Richards got a penalty awarded against him for exactly the same thing the other night against Everton. We didn't whinge about it then and it's actually nice to see some consistency for a change.

The ref even gave you 6 minutes again but you couldn't do anything with it this time. :D

Mr Bojangles why are you so bitter about United ? You won the game last night,why not enjoy it rather than villifying everone who comes into your sights

And to correct a couple of things you have said. There were 5 minutes extra time played not 6 and 5 was totaly justified with injuries and replacements.

The Richards and Raphael penalties were chalk and cheese Richards fouled outside the box but as the attacker was still on his feet the ref played the advantage until Richards fouled him again in the box and he had no choice. Last night Raphael fouled Bellamy outside the box but Bellamy fell over inside the box. 2 ex international referees have come out today as said it should have been a free kick outside the box. But thats football.

Your continual derogatory comments about Ferguson only demean yourself. He said before United loss to Leeds he would play youth obviously after that result the situation changed and Mike Phelan said in an interview on Sky that the team would be strengthened with more experience for the Carling Cup and even he didnt say that doesnt Ferguson have the right to choose a team or does he have to run it by City fans first.

Ferguson is a somewhat controversial ,media created, figure. He believes in free speech which the FA dont, every statement of discontent by any manager has to been sanitised so as not to offend them. Ferguson is probably the most fined and reprimanded manager around but all I hear is that he has the refs in his pocket ,what nonsense.If he was as bad as you portray why does he have the respect of so many other Managers in the UK.

While you will be loathe to admit it the frustration of not winning anything for 30 odd years while Ferguson has won 25 trophies in that time is eating away at you and other " fans". Now you are so close to actually winning something your vitriol is a little out of control. If I could whip myself into such a frenzy over the above I think I would seriously find another interest ,its not banter ,banter is ,or should include humour,not much evidence in these threads . Good luck next week but not to much.

And the above is an excellent example as to why you are known as RAGS. Quite alot of what I said was in jest with Redrus, who I have been having banter on here with, for quite some time. But because you don't like it, you jump all over me. I bet that post took some time to write, I hope not too much time though :D

Don't worry Sparkles I enjoyed the game immensely. And I'm over the Blue Moon that we won

Tevez............. Good on him but, please <deleted> stop with antics, we don't care, you've gone, your choice, forget about it....! :)

Something about City that seems to bring out bitterness for former clubs. Don't really get it. Both Ade and Tevez were treated well by their previous clubs. So they get a bit of flack from the crowd? What do they expect? Rise above it man. Bit of class. Go celebrate with your own fans. Enough of the sock puppet <deleted>!

Sums up the Tevez business well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/201...hurt_man_u.html

Tevez............. Good on him but, please <deleted> stop with antics, we don't care, you've gone, your choice, forget about it....! :D

Sums up the Tevez business well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/201...hurt_man_u.html

redrus

From skysports:-

FA looks at Neville gesture

United captain reacts to Tevez goal

The Football Association has confirmed it is "looking into" Gary Neville's one-fingered gesture towards Carlos Tevez during Tuesday night's Carling Cup semi-final at Eastlands.

United defender Neville was warming up on the touchline as Tevez began his celebrations following the first-half penalty that drew City level.

Tevez appeared to gesticulate towards Neville as if to say "shut it", in response to the Manchester United skipper's comments that Sir Alex Ferguson was correct to let the Argentina star leave Old Trafford last summer.

Neville's own reply, captured on camera, was of the one-fingered variety, which triggered more taunts from Tevez.

And on Wednesday morning the FA confirmed it will look at the matter before deciding whether to take any further action.

The FA wrote to Neville to warn him about his provocative celebration after Michael Owen had scored the winner when the two sides met in September and the United skipper could now find himself in more trouble after this latest incident.

From skysports:-

FA looks at Neville gesture

United captain reacts to Tevez goal

The Football Association has confirmed it is "looking into" Gary Neville's one-fingered gesture towards Carlos Tevez during Tuesday night's Carling Cup semi-final at Eastlands.

United defender Neville was warming up on the touchline as Tevez began his celebrations following the first-half penalty that drew City level.

Tevez appeared to gesticulate towards Neville as if to say "shut it", in response to the Manchester United skipper's comments that Sir Alex Ferguson was correct to let the Argentina star leave Old Trafford last summer.

Neville's own reply, captured on camera, was of the one-fingered variety, which triggered more taunts from Tevez.

And on Wednesday morning the FA confirmed it will look at the matter before deciding whether to take any further action.

The FA wrote to Neville to warn him about his provocative celebration after Michael Owen had scored the winner when the two sides met in September and the United skipper could now find himself in more trouble after this latest incident.

zzzzz

As a United fan surely you must regret selling him? Never got a fair run in the side at Manyoo... Now he's showing what he really is capable at when a manager gives him regular first team footy. (I'm not a Man City fan btw) But it truly is set up for a fascinating 2nd leg!

Mate we did not sell him he was not our's to sell! he got his fair share of chances at united his record in his 2nd season was very average.

United offered to pay 25'5 mill for him and a higher wage he agreed to this at one stage,then money bags city come in pay 47 mill plus up his wage to 140,000 quid a week,we cannot compete with that ridiculous money as we are skint.

Yep Liverpool Vs Wolves on Channel 7, hope Neville plays so Tevez can put the little mole face in his place once and for all!

Mate did you read the interview with gary neville,he said nothing really against tevez and actually praised city and tevezfor his and the teams performance,and was asked the question if fergie was right in selling tevez and did not say anything bad.

Tevez is thick as shit cannot read or write or speak english took it all out of context.

there is a good artical in the gaurdian about tevez go look.

as for gary nev he is a good player but even united fans think he is a c**t of a man.

As a United fan surely you must regret selling him? Never got a fair run in the side at Manyoo... Now he's showing what he really is capable at when a manager gives him regular first team footy. (I'm not a Man City fan btw) But it truly is set up for a fascinating 2nd leg!

Mate do your homework as Nev said United never sold him because they didnt own him .He was owned lock ,stock and barrel by his pimp (agent) how he got in that situation heaven knows but he is not the sharpest. At United sure he spent time on the bench so does Owen , Berbatov etc but he did win more medals than most players would win in a lifetime or 2 lifetimes. For him now to be rubbishing everything he can about United, and through the media, leaves most of us who admired his tenacity and committment slightly underwhelmed . United simply didnt see how they could justify the money when he plays a similar game to Rooney and I know who I would rather have on the pitch

Yeah, yeah nev. Gary Neville is the Angel and Tevez is the bad guy. Keep those Red tinted glasses on. One question, if Neville didn't say anything and butter wouldn't melt, why has Tevez not give any grief to Rooney, Berbatov, Evra, Scholes, Giggs etc. etc.

I am not saying gary nev is a angel just stating what was said in the gaurdian artical about his interview,tevez misunderstood what was said and got worked up over nothing,our is there more too it that meets the eye?

I Dont wear red tinted specs far from it. :D

Tevez has a chip on his shoulder he should give it a rest getting abit boring his antics,compare him with ronaldo who has had nothing but praise to say about his past employer. :)

compare him with ronaldo who has had nothing but praise to say about his past employer. :D

He hasn't been back and played against you yet and had grief from the fans, albeit he never moved to a club who are your best buddies. :D

Behave mate, you know dam_n well that any player that has the respect of United can go to City and still be treated like a hero by us. I do not need to mention any names....! :)

redrus

compare him with ronaldo who has had nothing but praise to say about his past employer. :D

He hasn't been back and played against you yet and had grief from the fans, albeit he never moved to a club who are your best buddies. :D

Behave mate, you know dam_n well that any player that has the respect of United can go to City and still be treated like a hero by us. I do not need to mention any names....! :)

If you're talking about Schmeichel, I beg to differ. You lot were ripping. :D

If you're talking about Schmeichel, I beg to differ. You lot were ripping. :D

Pissed that the move was made maybe but, boo him....? Never. Dennis Law, still receives a heroes welcome despite what he did to us....!

redrus

Sorry Nev and co, worded my post badly. I know that Me Jobacharim (or whatever his name is) owned the player. I just felt that Fergie seemed to bench him a lot in the 2nd season and he wasn't given a fair run. Bringing in Berbatov must have shook Tevez up a bit, judging on Berbatov's form (maybe carrying an injury) he looks no better than Tevez. 140k a week is a lot, although if United wanted to they could have paid it. Isn't Rooney about to get 120k a week?

Should be a belter tonight! Enjoy :)

I can't wait for tonight, got Butterflies. Can almost smell the Silver polish :D

I see city are being investigated for tax evasion, they have been claiming silver polish for 34 years! :)