Carling Cup

samuibeachcomber

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for tonight, got Butterflies. Can almost smell the Silver polish :D

I see city are being investigated for tax evasion, they have been claiming silver polish for 34 years! :)

:D

Nice one nev.

BTW. When did you change your sig ? You're obsessed man :D

Well it is derby time mate :D

I can't wait for tonight, got Butterflies. Can almost smell the Silver polish :D

I see city are being investigated for tax evasion, they have been claiming silver polish for 34 years! :)

:D

Nice one nev.

BTW. When did you change your sig ? You're obsessed man :D

Well it is derby time mate :D

Quite right. Back in a minute. :D

Magnificent game of football. City you will just have to wait a little longer. For those who have been rubbishing Scholes and Giggs well the old men played the 90 plus minutes and were ,I thought ,inspirational. Did Scholes make a bad pass ? well maybe only a 99% success rate tonight.

I can't wait for tonight, got Butterflies. Can almost smell the Silver polish :)

34 years :D

2516112244_a4803dd49a-280x386.jpgNever%20Dull%20Silver%20Polish.jpg

Great game and scholesy was fantastic tonight.....deserved win in the end

Edit....Thought the Bellamy incident was a bit out of order.....why waste a bottle of beer on him?

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Terrible first half for us. Playing one up front looked to be failing miserably, as it often does. Second half was like a whole new team though. Took control of the possession and then, once we started playing in the final third, their frailties at the back became exposed.

Credit to them, i don't think there's a more dangerous team in the Premier League for hitting on the counter right now. So much pace, trickery and strength in Bellamy and Tevez. That said, couldn't believe Tevez's goal - seemed to owe something to good fortune the way he stuck his leg out - still, i'm sure City fans won't agree.

Talking of giving credit, another half decent performance from Nani. Although his corners were extremely frustrating!

Knobs who threw stuff in the crowd should be banned for life.

All in all, two great games. Will be lucky if the final has half the excitement.

Very happy with the win but disgusted by the Bellamy incident..... :)

No place for this in football. Similar to the incident the week before when Evra was hit by a lighter.This time it was a coin no doubt the FA will awake from their slumber and do something about it with luck before the end of the season

Terrible first half for us. Playing one up front looked to be failing miserably, as it often does. Second half was like a whole new team though. Took control of the possession and then, once we started playing in the final third, their frailties at the back became exposed.

Credit to them, i don't think there's a more dangerous team in the Premier League for hitting on the counter right now. So much pace, trickery and strength in Bellamy and Tevez. That said, couldn't believe Tevez's goal - seemed to owe something to good fortune the way he stuck his leg out - still, i'm sure City fans won't agree.

Talking of giving credit, another half decent performance from Nani. Although his corners were extremely frustrating!

All in all, two great games. Will be lucky if the final has half the excitement.

That says it all for me.... :D

Hungover and gutted but well done. You deserved the win last night.

Well done mate, sportsman that you are. You gave me a bloody scare though pal.... :)

redrus

That says it all for me.... :D

Hungover and gutted but well done. You deserved the win last night.

Well done mate, sportsman that you are. You gave me a bloody scare though pal.... :D

redrus

Mr BJ had nothing to do with it mate, it was the best player on CITY who by coincidence happened to be a Red Devil in days gone bye. :)

Yes it was class and I'm not that sure any actually hit him but last night was a bottle as well.

As a footnote...

A man was charged on Thursday with throwing a bottle at Bellamy. Adam Teese, 26, of Heaton Chapel, Greater Manchester, is accused of 'throwing a missile on to the pitch' during the Carling Cup semi-final at Old Trafford, police said. He was one of 11 fans arrested on the night. It took the total number of arrests to 40 over the two legs, although there was less trouble than Greater Manchester Police had expected

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0dxjdi4va

Yes it was class and I'm not that sure any actually hit him but last night was a bottle as well.

As a footnote...

A man was charged on Thursday with throwing a bottle at Bellamy. Adam Teese, 26, of Heaton Chapel, Greater Manchester, is accused of 'throwing a missile on to the pitch' during the Carling Cup semi-final at Old Trafford, police said. He was one of 11 fans arrested on the night. It took the total number of arrests to 40 over the two legs, although there was less trouble than Greater Manchester Police had expected

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0dxjdi4va

Seems as the club took all precautions for this match,with extra security, they will avoid a fine from the FA for not having adequate security in place. Obviously impossible to stop coins and lighters being taken in .

• 4 weeks later...