40 Or 50k

Im getting conflicting reports on whether I need to set my salary at 40 or 50K for when I come to renewing my visa.

Non Immigration Type O Visa

2 year work permit

Married with two Children

British Nationality

Its my company, well wife owns the 51% thai shares.

Does anyone know what it should be?

Thanks

Jed

That depends on which reason you will use for your extension of stay.

If you apply based on working, you will need to show you pay taxes over an income of at least 50,000 month.

If you apply based on your marriage to a Thai, you need to show an income of 40,000 a month.

Can I just ask out of interest, because my wife and I will be starting a company soon when she finishes her degree at Uni.

You state that your wife has the 51% of the company shares.....I was under the impression that you had to have five Thai names as directors.

So is it ok for just my wife to have 51% and me 49%?

HL :)

So I guess it depends If I want to keep my type non O or change it to a business type B visa.

HL Im not 100% sure of the percentages but I know I only have two Thai shareholders and then myself. I gave my sister Inlaw 1%, so maybe I have 49% my wife has 50% and her sister 1%.

Can I just ask out of interest, because my wife and I will be starting a company soon when she finishes her degree at Uni.

You state that your wife has the 51% of the company shares.....I was under the impression that you had to have five Thai names as directors.

So is it ok for just my wife to have 51% and me 49%?

HL :D

Thai companys set up as 51%/49% Thai and Foreign respectively are subject to much more scrutiny and they also have to provide far moe paperwork than a 61%/39 setup. With this setup there is no requirement to show bank details containing the 'paid up capital'. :)

HL, Im guessing you only need 2 Thai shareholders like I have. Give a friend or family member 1% and the rest to your wife like I did.

Problem is that the rules and regulations seem to change all of the time.

No problem, I already have my answer

40k based on marriage

50k based on business

HL, Im guessing you only need 2 Thai shareholders like I have. Give a friend or family member 1% and the rest to your wife like I did.

Problem is that the rules and regulations seem to change all of the time.

No problem, I already have my answer

40k based on marriage

50k based on business

Careful as some Immigration offices insist on the Labour department rule of 50k if you are working with a work permit.

Best to ask the immigration dept you need to apply at what is their local requirement.