Pro-thaksin Group Considers Bangkok Airport Protest

churchill

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double Standards in Red Speak is anything

that doesn't benefit them first and foremost.

The only one with double standards seems to be you.

You are the first person to say that the populace has a right to protest.

What part of the statement do you not understand?

We will not disrupt, we will not seize, we will not be anywhere near” the terminal building at Suvarnabhumi airport,

Unlike your friends that seized the airports and held the nation hostage, this group has stated it will not do that. The double standard is that it is ok for the people that share your views to run amuck, but it is not alright for those that disagree to express their sentiments.

It seems that in your world, some pigs are more equal than others.

Other than the fact I have no friends who did any of the above.

I have never to my knowledge actually met a yellow shirt or PAD person.

I think H90 is about as close as I ever came and that's only here in TVF virtual land.

I don't dispute that people have the right to protest if it doesn't hamper others,

and I never agreed that the airport should have been taken over for that very reason.

The reasons they did it I was in sympathy with, just not the actions.

I just pointing out the double standard for redshirts is

they want what they want their way only, and sod it all, to all others.

Democrats get beaten in Nakkon for daring to hold a rally,

but PTP gets to campaign freely in Surat Thani

with out faeces or fermented fish paste thrown at them.

That my recalcitrant interlocutor is a double standard.

A memory range of 2 years, how wonderful.

Maybe with practice it will expand to 80 years, or even 400,

then you can quote King Narusan as he beat the neighbors away.

I guess not doesn't it all stop in between King Taksin 1st

and the frayed hopes for Lord Thaksin the 1st.

geremandered?

A contrivance it maybe, but "geremeandered" it is not,

unless Richard Gere was campaigning for Suthep... :) (A Gentleman and a Salimander*... nah!)

Try

gerrymander –noun

U.S. Politics. the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to give one political party a majority

in many districts while concentrating the voting strength of the other party into as few districts as possible.

–verb (used with object)

2. U.S. Politics. to subject (a state, county, etc.) to a gerrymander.

Origin:

1812, Americanism; after E. Gerry (governor of Massachusetts, whose party redistricted the state in 1812) + (sala)mander,

from the fancied resemblance of the map of Essex County, Mass., to this animal, after the redistricting.*

Related forms: ger⋅ry⋅man⋅der⋅er, noun

Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

That was Eldrige Gerry an well known 19th century governor

There is no obvious past participle version of gerrymander.

And it isn't ever done with guns, but usually with a pen in the hand of a cynic, and a map.

It is a re-righting of the boundaries of congressional districts to cut out, or in,

a voting demographic, and thus give another seat or seats to your parties side.

In this case no districts are reported redrawn, only district MP's changing umbrella alliances,

out of financial incentive and desire to be where the power is for their own ends.

Like a Senator leaving the Republicans for the Democrats or even a dreaded Independent!

These Thai guys were bought on the open market in the best classic Thai style,

no one said move at gun point, no matter how many times you try

and muddy the waters with this canard.

There was no need, hard cash works so much better.

Wasn't there discussion of using dictionaries and that it is demeaning? I wonder why?

Usually they have been quite useful since the days of Dr. Johnson's.

Now people seem to think if Doc Johnson as a marital aide,

that want to use on their enemies or mia noi. :D

Edited by animatic

May be they can also join tomorrow morning at 9 am the 150 limousine and taxi drivers (may be tuk tuk also) who are about to lockade Phuket's Provincial Hall and then Phuket's airport tomorrow if they don't get what they want!!! Airports now are fashion targets.

Will be interesting to see when the nation have to report. :)

Both sides are equally corrupt. The only thing fighting does it destabizes the country and the people are hurt by lose of revenues and jobs. Tourist stay away, investments stay away etc.

The only ones that benefit are the elite that win power. The poor souls that are supporting these arrsse holes are simply brain washed into believing what they do is for a greater good.

Unfortunately times like this provide great opportunity to the rich get richer when good people start losing real property.

It is all talk and I lhope it holds off until Feb 7 so my wife makes it to the plane to come back to me.

Come home to me baby!!!! Miss you

A memory range of 2 years, how wonderful.

Maybe with practice it will expand to 80 years, or even 400,

then you can quote King Narusan as he beat the neighbors away.

I guess not doesn't it all stop in between King Taksin 1st

and the frayed hopes for Lord Thaksin the 1st.

So whats your point?

May be they can also join tomorrow morning at 9 am the 150 limousine and taxi drivers (may be tuk tuk also) who are about to lockade Phuket's Provincial Hall and then Phuket's airport tomorrow if they don't get what they want!!! Airports now are fashion targets.

Well done to the PAD and the yellowskirts on that.

The answer is simple, take the guns away,sweep away the puppet government, and let the people speak with an election.

Well done to the PAD and the yellowskirts on that.

The answer is simple, take the guns away,sweep away the puppet government, and let the people speak with an election.

Does the PM have permission to campaign in Chiang Mai, protective vest or not?

International travelers don't need to hear any more of even one guy with a sign at Swampy, much less another mob anywhere near the place.   

"The only one with double standards seems to be you.

You are the first person to say that the populace has a right to protest.

What part of the statement do you not understand?

We will not disrupt, we will not seize, we will not be anywhere near” the terminal building at Suvarnabhumi airport,

Unlike your friends that seized the airports and held the nation hostage, this group has stated it will not do that. The double standard is that it is ok for the people that share your views to run amuck, but it is not alright for those that disagree to express their sentiments. It seems that in your world, some pigs are more equal than others. " Geriatrickid

Thanks for the well-stated post, Geriatrickid. I notice that your quite logical posts don't get much of a response. But then if they weren't ignored, there would hardly be anything to say.

All this fighting for power, and then for what? I never understand why peaple have time to go and demonstrate and protesting on the streets, do they have nothing else to do? Peaple who doing business and try hard to create their own meoney, to survive and support their families, dont have time for this b... t. It's everywhere the same in Europe, US, overhere, or where ever. Lazy peaple, don't want to work, who have nothing and nothing to lose, they allways want change the world to try to get their advantage. The penalties go to the peaple who working, small business peaple and pay taxes, because economy getting bad, jobs getting lost, but the "lazy ones" still have nothing to lose, so they keep going protest everywhere. I wonder, if the economy collapses compleatly, who gonna pay taxes and sozial secirity? Specially in Europe, most tof the lazy ones living on sozial secirity benefits. Why we always have to fight in our short life, which can end every second, we never know? Peaple should be happy not have any disasters like Haiti. Those peaple have the REAl Problems. Should be a lection for everyone! In my opinion, power means not everything. The power is gone, if the nature gonna acting ugly. Power means nothing, beceause in the end of the day (or the life) everyone gonna die. When peaple gonna regonize that?

Just try to stay peacful in life would be better for everyone, going your own way and not acting like Dogs.

Edited by stingray

The problem is perception and confidence. People are not confident that the police can stop an airport occupation. So UDD makes a statement about the possibility of a protest, and the SET drops 10 points. If they actually do it, stocks will plummet further. World politics are broken. I have much more faith in my neighbors taking care of each other, than in any government (or interest group like the UDD) doing the right thing.

They are running out of ideas.... Same old story, same old cra_p. I read they "may" consider. If theses reds have some brain left I would suggest to forget about this "peaceful" demonstration because it might be the final nail in their leaders coffin.

The red brethren became untrustworthy including their beloved sponsor. Who is going to take that announcement serious?

Yeh, the guy in the story says the Reds are "weighing the pros and cons of it" while Bloomberg readers/viewers and international travellers alike don't have to weigh much at all because the country long ago became a basket case for all to see - and to stay away from.

Nobody knows when to quit. Or certain people can't quit. 

There's a thread on this, but does anyone really think Feb 26 will end anything?

Taxi drivers at the Phuket airport. Reds blathering about the Bangkok airport. 

Sheesh! 

Edited by Publicus

No, certainly won't end, but without the 76 million hanging out there, it will certainly change. UDD doesn't like it, but every day Abhisit's government gains traction, and T slides further down the slippery slope. I would anticipate him cracking and saying "things" which will end him, in the eyes of the general public, coming in the next 30 days.

No, certainly won't end, but without the 76 million hanging out there, it will certainly change. UDD doesn't like it, but every day Abhisit's government gains traction, and T slides further down the slippery slope. I would anticipate him cracking and saying "things" which will end him, in the eyes of the general public, coming in the next 30 days.

The thought of only thirty more days of it and then kaput would lift everyone's spirits immeasurably (well, almost everyone) but I'm not holding my breath. If, however, you mean (as I think you do) that after 30 or so more days we could see the beginning of the end, that would indeed be most welcome.

This is Thaksin's most desperate time, but can he ever give it up?  

Closing the airport this time will absolutely destroy this country's credibility and economy altogether.

BUT I agree that they have all the rights to do so given that the yellow shirters didn't get any punishment whatsoever.

Hold on the Yellow shirts, did not shut the airports down. It was the yellow bellied managerment who crapped themselves and pulled the plug.

That was proven before the yellow shirts had fully entered the terminal. and they until closure made way for passengers to continue on their journeys. That stopped when the plug was pulled and aircraft refused permission to land or take-off. just in case the yellow shirts got on the runway???? which they didnt. They stayed in the terminal main concourse.

Using your inane logic. Bank robbers don't rob the banks. The Bank Tellers are guilty because they give the money to the robbers.

What a moron!

Regards. I really feel sorry for you.

Both sides are corrupt, we all know that. As long as you understand most Red shirts are in it for the money, this makes sense. Getting paid to attend a rally, getting BIG bucks for organizing a rally, etc. Some Red shirt leaders hope this gravy train never ends! Keep the money coming. It has nothing to do with politics, just Taksin's money....