New Hard Disc Failure

Digitalbanana

Bought a new Samsung HD (desktop) in Fortune that burnt out after 2 days use in an ext USB case ( a chip on the HD body overheated). The shop said to take it to hd makers service center downstairs, who say have to wait for replacement from Singapore... month passed by already and still waiting...lesson learned I guess!

You should have demanded a credit or a replacement immediately.

I assume it is likely you did this already but ..............

Try looking for the Samsung Service Center in Bangkok rather

than some repair place at Fortune Town.

Also call Samsung Offices in Bangkok for their advice.

Have your documentation in order too; sales receipt, warranty card

Edited by paulfr

I have a Samsung refrigerator and Samsung Thailand did not have a replacement door switch (does not operate properly without) and had to order from Singapore - tech said a week - office said a month. Tech was right; thankfully. But a week without an operating refrigerator is not what I would call good service.

last month my one tb Samsung died. The machine is about 1 1/2 yrs old. Contacted some boards and found out that HP computers with Samsung have been having this problem.

I have all sorts of externals and never a problem except for one I knocked off the desk.

My new HD will be Seagate. Tiger**** has some cheap prices so when in the states next month I will bring it back.

My prefered externals are WD.

Hi.

I had a year-old Maxtor fail and had to send it to Singapore myself (was bought in Germany, Thai service center didn't cover it). Got a replacement after roughly one month.

Next to fail was a four-week-old Seagate. Warranty was refused (!) with the remark "you must have dropped it". There was a scratch on the side which happened when putting it into the bay inside the PC case.....

Next (and so far last) to fail for me personally was a Western Digital, also about a year old. Got a replacement on-the-spot in Pathip, 20 minutes waiting for a check of the old drive.

Guess what i'll be buying in the future..?

Kind regards......

Thanh

Yes, I wanted to but the seller was a Mom and Pop shop in Fortune who directed us to Samsung Repair center (also in Fortune). The wife is handling it as I'm busy but Samsung policy is to replace HD free of charge and they give you a receipt, that has to be renewed every 30 days until the replacement comes in and we pick it! We are coming up to renewal time and I am simply going to avoid Samsung products and but another hard disc as the run around is astonishing. YMMV!

Yes, I wanted to but the seller was a Mom and Pop shop in Fortune who directed us to Samsung Repair center (also in Fortune). The wife is handling it as I'm busy but Samsung policy is to replace HD free of charge and they give you a receipt, that has to be renewed every 30 days until the replacement comes in and we pick it! We are coming up to renewal time and I am simply going to avoid Samsung products and but another hard disc as the run around is astonishing. YMMV!

This is very frustrating I would think.

They must have more of these drives on site as inventory for the next sale.

So why would they make YOU wait a month or more when there are replacements

sitting on shelves a few hundred feet away ??

Clearly the inventory can have one less unit without hurting sales.

CRAZY

This is Thailand.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr