How To Top Up Ais Super 3g

thaiguy55

The easiest way I've found is to use on-line banking with a Thai bank -- if your bank offers that.

(For example, SCB does; Thanachat does not.)

At your bank's web site, go to the bill payment section and use "mobile top up".

The additional credit is transferred within a few seconds.

You'll get a confirming SMS to your 3G.

Then, you must voice call to AIS customer service.

They will exchange the mobile phone credit to purchase additional download of megabytes or gigabytes.

Within a few minutes you'll get another SMS to your 3G.

That's it.

There other ways to accomplish this, but that's the easiest, I've found.

If you want a walk-thru, PM or email to me.

By the way, download capacity you purchase expires after 30 days.

Use it or lose it.

So I purchase the smaller packages.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

[Note to moderators: Please don't move this topic to the computer forum.

ThaiGuy55 was correct in posting in the Chiangmai forum, because AIS 3G is mainly available only in Chiangmai, not throughout Thailand.)

Edited by Oneman

The easiest way I've found is to use on-line banking with a Thai bank -- if your bank offers that.

(For example, SCB does; Thanachat does not.)

At your bank's web site, go to the bill payment section and use "mobile top up".

The additional credit is transferred within a few seconds.

You'll get a confirming SMS to your 3G.

Then, you must voice call to AIS customer service.

They will exchange the mobile phone credit to purchase additional download of megabytes or gigabytes.

Within a few minutes you'll get another SMS to your 3G.

That's it.

There other ways to accomplish this, but that's the easiest, I've found.

If you want a walk-thru, PM or email to me.

By the way, download capacity you purchase expires after 30 days.

Use it or lose it.

So I purchase the smaller packages.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

[Note to moderators: Please don't move this topic to the computer forum.

ThaiGuy55 was correct in posting in the Chiangmai forum, because AIS 3G is mainly available only in Chiangmai, not throughout Thailand.)

Had no idea about the expiration on the packages. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have a thai bank account, and I don't plan to set one up in the near future. Can I just go to 7/11 to get a refill?

I don't have a thai bank account ... Can I just go to 7/11 to get a refill?

Yes, but, first, must switch the SIM card to a real, mobile phone.

After re-fill, switch the SIM card back to the 3-G device to use on your computer.

There is no way to use re-fill cards with the SIM card still inside the 3-G device.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

(PS - Thanks, ThaiGuy55, for the compliment of repeating my every word when you quoted my post. But it embarrasses me to see an "echo" of every word I wrote. Just a few lines is enough.)

Edited by Oneman

gotcha. appreciate all the help. cheers

Probably best to do this somewhere in town as well, I went to the 7-ll in Doi Saket and they hadn't a clue what me or my [Thai] wife were talking about, ended up going to the office in town and topping up which seemed to be the easiest option.

I went to the 7-ll in Doi Saket and they hadn't a clue what me or my [Thai] wife were talking about, ended up going to the office in town...

No need to go to that extra trouble.

Any refill card for normal, AIS 1-2-Call, is all you need.

Or, at Lotus "lek", can refill with number from cash register slip for AIS 1-2-Call.

The essential is to switch 3-G SIM card into an ordinary mobile phone, then refill that ... at any 7-Eleven or similar.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

• 2 weeks later...

The whole point is not taking your SIM out of the device, right?

If your Air Card has software that gives you a keypad for sending SMS's you can top up by entering *120*your_code# call. Get 'your code' from any AIS top-up scratch card or online here.

If you you don't have SMS sending software built in, you can look for a shop that will send the credit over the air. You just need to know your phone number. Give them your phone number and they will send you the credit. You'll get an SMS when it works. I know Tesco-Lotus Express started doing this.

Or,go to Telewise(or where they have AIS tell them your number,and they popup online whatever amount you want to put in your account! :D I use a Huawei usb modem and switch simcards if the connection is better with the 1 or the other..(am faar away from the so called civilisation and have no other options :) ).,,,, :D

ok so i went to a tesco lotus express today and asked for 1kbaht on my ais 3g. i showed the guy my ais 3g usb stick and he seemed to understand what i meant. he then put two 500baht top ups on my phone. when i got home and connected my ais 3g to my comp, it says i have no space on it. can someone explain how the ais 3g usb stick works. either i have no idea what i'm doing, or the guy at lotus didn't understand what i wanted, or a combination of both.

ok so i went to a tesco lotus express today and asked for 1kbaht on my ais 3g. i showed the guy my ais 3g usb stick and he seemed to understand what i meant. he then put two 500baht top ups on my phone. when i got home and connected my ais 3g to my comp, it says i have no space on it. can someone explain how the ais 3g usb stick works. either i have no idea what i'm doing, or the guy at lotus didn't understand what i wanted, or a combination of both.

Did you change the sim in your phone for the one in the usb stick?