Phuket Blues Festival

Tonyks

Hi

I am not on a budget when i go to festival therefore it would be nice to have some booze to chose from and not only Chang and Kingfisher and something really discount they call rum, this year i have bought a 2 day pass but will only be there for 1 day, make my day and let me choose what to drink, you will not regret :)

(have to say its my GF who want to go)

As I have said previously I enjoy the PIBRF and I would like to say a big 'Thank You' to Andy for making it happen. I was very fortunate and honoured, last year, to be able to be part of the Groove Doctors set (which I thought was amazing - you may disagree). I hope that the Festival continues for many years and grows from strength to strength.

It s difficult to separate personal criticism from the publicised thoughts of people about an event that you organise and put a lot of effort into. I know this from my own past experiences. My initial intention was to offer constructive advice, not to slag off Andy and I apologise if he was offended in anyway.

I know from Colin that moves were made to include him this year but he is already committed to play elsewhere. This is something that can be built on for the next one. Let's listen and learn.

I can not be there this year but I do hope that it's a success and that the people of Phuket will rally round and support something which is still in its infancy, is a great idea, and has plenty of room to develop.

Is that you BL// :)

Well, this year's blues festival is over. I must say that we had a wonderful time. All the acts were professional and fun. I've been to the last two and this was the best yeat. Much more dancing. Friday night really got off the ground with a surprisingly high energy appearance by Jimmy Fame with a band called Rocking Angles. They set the tempo and got the place dancing. Great set! Rich Harper - as always - solid set and a very lovely closing performance by someone named Richard Clapton. Saturday night really got rocking with a crazy set from a band from Norway. Kniki was back and sounding better than ever, and then there was the great Charlie Musslewhite. Great festival. Great time. Hats off to all involved!