Continuous Ridge Roof Venting

Trex52

Does anyone know where in LOS, I can find this? It is relatively new and by Thai standards, .....well let's just don't even go there....it is used alot in other places and would be the cat's meow here, where heat dissipation is critical for cooler houses. I see it all over the internet, but can't find a contact for it here. Used with adequate (at least 50% soffit ventilation) it can really make a huge difference here. I am trying to stay away from AirCon as much as possible. I will use Q-con or equivalent AAC for the outside of house. Will probably go with a double wall on the west wall facing the afternoon sun. Anyway, any information on the ridge venting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. trex

T-rex, if you get a chance to come down to Chiang Mai, there is a building supply company (unfortunately the name eludes me for the moment) on the Super Highway, mid-way between Doi Saket Road and Mae Jo Road which has an excellent display of the cool roof system. The company I'm referring to is on the inner or city side of Super Highway. I say this because there is an identical company on the north side of the highway and they don't have such a display.

T-rex, if you get a chance to come down to Chiang Mai, there is a building supply company (unfortunately the name eludes me for the moment) on the Super Highway, mid-way between Doi Saket Road and Mae Jo Road which has an excellent display of the cool roof system. The company I'm referring to is on the inner or city side of Super Highway. I say this because there is an identical company on the north side of the highway and they don't have such a display.

CM4me,

Thanks a million for that. We will be in CM next week end, as I have a list as long as my arm to locate items and at least know where I can get them. I will definitely check out that cool roof display...that is exactly what I was hoping would be somewhere. Not too much here in Phayao. Again, thank you so much....trex

CM4me,

I looked on Google Maps and I am inferring that you mean Doi Saket Rd is Hwy 118 coming in from CR and Phayao? And that Mae Jo Rd. is Rd # 1001 coming in from Mae Jo Golf Course to the north? If so, I can find that, no problem. Thanks again. trex

trex,

Your interpretations are correct.

I passed by the store today, its Home Mart (& as previously stated they have another Home Mart opposite, on the north or outer road - but they don't have the display)_. Go to the store on the inner or city side.

The display is inside the main building / showroom, & its just after the tiles, which will be on your right as you enter.

Good luck