Waterfalls With Good Swimming Spots

lanky

Huay Kaew at the base of Doi Suthep. At the top of the main waterfall is a nice little swimming hole with a couple of mini waterfalls coming down into it.

Yup, I've posted pictures of them in the past, but I won't again. Do a search.

Huay Kaew is a little small for swimming and is quite dirty. I would suggest going out a little further to Mae Klah. That is quite lovely and has many different levels and opportunity for more privacy.

But for a quick jaunt Huay Kaew is ok, but I woudn't do much swimming there, maybe a little wading.

Huay Kaew is a little small for swimming and is quite dirty. I would suggest going out a little further to Mae Klah. That is quite lovely and has many different levels and opportunity for more privacy.

But for a quick jaunt Huay Kaew is ok, but I woudn't do much swimming there, maybe a little wading.

Hi newbie001, never heard of mae klah waterfall. Where's it located?

Mabey He's thinking of this one in Doi Inthanon National Park

"Mae Klang Waterfall

Mae Klang Waterfall is located in the east of the National Park, approximately 8 kilometers away from Chom Thong - Doi Inthanon Road, then make a left hand turn for 1 kilometer until reaching the Waterfall. This waterfall is very popular among Thai and foreigners who come to swim, picnic and relax. The rapid stream and waterfall spill over the area produce cool and pleasant for visitors "

(Snipped from the Doi Inthanon park web site)

Edited by highonthai

I think once or twice before but is not sure if it is safe to swim maybe upstream somewere but would appreciate if someone has gone swimming in a safe pool area around away from rapid water stream will go there this week

thanks