Hair Tint? - Changing Hair Color That Is Not Permanent

Chestnut

Hello Everyone!

I have an "hair" issue and maybe someone here in the ladys forum knows some advice. :)

For an extra main job in some advertisement or whatever I've been told i should change my haircolor to dark brown, the way it was last year. Well, I prefer my natural color and it finally came back to the way it was after i made the mistake of changing it to a dark brown last year. My natural color is a kind of brown-blonde-red-tone.

I dont really want to turn the one-day-job down, as I'd like to have the extra money. Haha.

I had the idea of using hair tint, but I don't even know if it is sold in Thailand? Do hair dressers ever use hair tint? as i'd imagine the demand

wouldn't be that high cause it doesnt stick on dark thai hair?

I used color on my hair like twice during my life so i have no idea and i'm scared it'll turn out orange if i do it myself - haha. Anyone here that has some advice for me?

Chestnut :D

Where are you located Chestnut? If in Bangkok there is a huge hair supply on Petchburi road, down from pratunam (if you head towards pratunam from central world, turn right on the street after the bridge, its a few blocks down that way) and they have hair tints.

Wow, Chestnut..they actually said you should dye your hair for the job? Geez..whats the reasoning behind that?! I realise you say you want the extra money, but also think well before you go about changing yourself just because they told you to. You still have to feel comfortable and yourself outside of work too.

If in the end you are ok with them requesting this, then look for any tint that is ash based. Ash base will help tone down any orangyness. Anything that says "golden" or "warm" etc will add to your already warm tones and could make your hair more coppery looking. Best to buy a couple of packs of different tones. Start off with a lighter shade (ash based!) and if not dark enough, then go for the darker tone. You can also get a hair dye emergency colour remover, so if its not how you want or expected this will take out the colour. HOwever, it will also strip your hair a bit of natural oils, so make sure you have a good quality deep conditioner on standby if you do decide to use something like that.