Internet Outside Thailand Super Slow Today?

JusMe

Been trying to get a torrent from TheBox, as well as looking at web pages.

Called TOT and after a long wait got someone on the English line who speaks not much more English than I do Thai, which is zilch.

Everything - web pages, email, & torrents, even internet radio was erratic - was slowed to zero, and pages were timed out or couldn't find the server.

So, I shut down everything and went off to do different things. Came back later and started up, and it's incredibly erratic.

My torrent app shows up and down speeds suddenly shifting between zero and triple digits, then back to zero.

I used the speed test on www.adslthailand.com and found Bangkok 65 ms ping, 0.93 mb/s down & 0.16 mb/s up. Although it took a very long time to perform the test! Singapore was 1007 ms ping, with 0.48 mb/s down and 0.07 mb/s up.

But when I tried London, 733 ms ping, 0.5 mb/s download, and 0.07 mb/s upload. Tried again a few minutes later and couldn't get any connection there at all! ("Latency test returned an error while trying to read the latency file.")

Sydney, Australia got 483 ms ping, 0.29 mb/s down, and 0.11 up.

Los Angeles pinged at 277 ms, with 0.83 down, and 0.14 up.

All of them took so long to initiate the test that I almost thought the page had timed out and frozen.

Anybody else having significant speed problems today, or is it just me, and I should go in and rattle their cage tomorrow? Even trying to post this took several tries as the TV server "isn't responding".

So, looks like thai providers have some troules with their routers to outside internet, that's doest mean that there are slow internet outside thailand. you can try to traceroute any host outside thailand to see where exactly the problem

@george

This doesn´t explain why suddenly the internationeal speeds are so slow.

By the way JustMe has a TOT line.

I have CAT HiNet and the same problem. 1 hour ago the speed of my connection was very good like everyday. So there must have been a problem.

Edited by prallo

Having the same problems with my TOT connection since early last week. Whenever there was a disconnection, I cannot use the same telephone line to call TOT call centre, the line was somehow disconnected. I used my mobile phone to call them many times but all to no avail,... my calls went unanswered.

Someone told us not to waste time waiting for the operator to answer your call, just report through their automatic answer service...do it 10 to 20 times a day!!! Let see who will attend to you... :)

Also, I logged on to 192.168.1.1 and redo the set-up again, VOILA! the connection come back again and stable for another few hours.

Hence, whenever my connection is unstable, I repeat the above again.

I'm with JI-NET (now JasNet) here in Bangkok and have noticed for the last week or so the international speed has slowed down significantly. Some kind of bandwidth reduction/filtering has definitely slowed down surfing/viewing simple video's/etc.

Maybe the cost of international bandwidth went up 1 satang and the ISPs don't want to pay it. :)

Every one had have ultra slow Int. Speed , like 2 week back ! . ,

But now back to normal again ! .,

CAT 4Mbits Std. BKK

702299855.png

Last 2 weeks was horrible but when I tested it this morning, it's perfect 1mb. Btw...why there is a different in distance, mine is 7200mi and yours is 7450mi :D I believed same server right? :)

702600229.png

The past few days my torrents have gone weird: only 2 or so downloads at a time are coming in, sometimes reaching 50 kb/s.

It happened weekend before last as well, then some time, I think during the overnight last Monday, things suddenly popped and started flowing again. I wonder if ISPs put a cap on torrent traffic.

Here's the test I ran a few minutes ago.

post-12743-1265089236_thumb.jpg

Thai ISP's are doing everything they can to limit torrent speeds from known public trackers without pissing off users too much.

Public trackers are notorious for users limiting their upload speeds, so it is quite likely you will connect to peers who only serve up 1 or 2 KB/s.

Some ISP's use a caching solution to try and serve you torrents quickly with the use of only local bandwidth. The problem is that they can not keep up with the number of torrents and the sheer bandwidth demands.

TOT generally speaking is the worst ISP together with Maxnet. If you have choices, use another ISP.

There is nothing you can do by yourself to improve the speed. I suggest contacting www.tci.or.th (tel: 02-634-6000) and asking if they can assist.

The past few days my torrents have gone weird: only 2 or so downloads at a time are coming in, sometimes reaching 50 kb/s.

It happened weekend before last as well, then some time, I think during the overnight last Monday, things suddenly popped and started flowing again. I wonder if ISPs put a cap on torrent traffic.

Here's the test I ran a few minutes ago.

post-12743-1265089236_thumb.jpg

Try testing outside Thailand....

Thai ISP's are doing everything they can to limit torrent speeds from known public trackers without pissing off users too much.

Public trackers are notorious for users limiting their upload speeds, so it is quite likely you will connect to peers who only serve up 1 or 2 KB/s.

Some ISP's use a caching solution to try and serve you torrents quickly with the use of only local bandwidth. The problem is that they can not keep up with the number of torrents and the sheer bandwidth demands.

TOT generally speaking is the worst ISP together with Maxnet. If you have choices, use another ISP.

There is nothing you can do by yourself to improve the speed. I suggest contacting www.tci.or.th (tel: 02-634-6000) and asking if they can assist.

Can you suggest which ISP to use?