Lesbian Hangouts In Bangkok

moebius

:o

Some friends of mine are visiting BKK for a couple of days, nice Lcouple, and I'd like to take them out and about.

Any suggestions?

ps: they mentioned "Utopia" but I haven't done a lot of travelling in BKK myself. Can't seem to find a listing or address?

TIA

:D

This is an issue I seem to encounter quite often. Just why people always seem to ask me if I know where the lizzies hang out escapes me anyway as far as I can gather, there are a couple of bars on Soi Sarasin, same strip (but opposite end) as Brown Sugar. I think there was a place in Duchess Plaza on Thonglor and also I have heard that Vega a cafe style place on Sukhumvit soi 39 is a popular haunt.

I think the Utopia gay and lesbian resources site is the one referred to, that may have some details. One thing is for sure if you are looking for a lizzy equivalent of Telephone or DJ then I'm afraid there's no such thing.

hmm...some of us don't know Bangkok so well. Where is Soi Sarasin?

Anyway, I ask because I run into visiting gay lesbian couples here all the time who ask me if there are any places other than 'pure' boybars.

Oh well, I'll take my friends for a tour of Patpong, Boyztown, and whatever I can find on the list here in the Silom area. Not much time for wandering about aimlessly...

thanks for your input.. :o

Here's a little more information for Lesbians...

Anjaree Group

PO Box 322 Rachdamnern Post Office, BKK 10200, 02-668-2185 (recorded Thai message about up-coming Anjaree events. Leave messages after the beep or press 'START' to send a FAX. Due to the high cost of international calls, please do not expect a return call.) Thailand's lesbian group, formed in 1986, has often spoken up in public with courageous responses to lesbian, gay and women's issues in the Thai media. Their limited resources are aimed at Thai speakers, but they occasionally plan social, educational, or travel events that welcome visiting woman. They self-publish AN: Another Way magazine. Anjaree was the recipient of a Utopia Award in recognition its pioneering activities.

The Utopia site http://www.utopia-asia.com/womthai.htm

actually has a lot of info on Lesbian life in Thailand... including Message Boards... and www.lesla.com

I hope it helps!

ChrisP

Edited by ChrisP