The Best Thing About Thailand...

Scrubber

...is the jet wash attachment on toilets. Any idea why we don't have them back in the west? Don't mention bidets - they're nowhere near as good.

Every time I go back to England, the first few times I go to the toilet I find myself reaching back for the jet wash. When I realise there isn't one, I always ask myelf "Why don't we have those here?" I'm sure someone could make a few quid with these over in the west.

hmmm.......didn't know it was called jet wash, we call it The Bum Gun. But I agree it is in the top ten best things about Thailand, they are now installed in my US home and I take 3 or 4 high end ones (excuse) with me twice a year when I travel back and my friends love them, so efficient, sanitary and, well, it really kind of perks you up as well.

and, well, it really kind of perks you up as well.

Especially if the water is icy cold like it is in Canada. :):D

You DO have to adjust the power of the spray, though. It almost blew my nuts off the first time I tried it. :D

Those bum-guns are a fixture in many North American kitchens , they are retractable and are used for washing vegetables etc , if I remember correctly , some-one brought that idea with them many years ago and that is how they first appeared here .

Yes , the water back home is far to cold for a bum wash , comes out of the tap somewhere around 40 degrees Faranheit , your 'Bits would curl up and dissapear to warmer climes . 555

I love the spray!!! To think the US tries to have such good hygiene and every time they go to the bathroom they just smear crap over their <deleted>. <deleted>? I told my wife how much I enjoyed it. She was shocked when I told her our houses back home did not have those. She was grossed out.

I really like the toilets at some of the high end hotels that have the heated seats with three adjustable angle sprays built into the seat. Using the toilet spray at work can not be hygiene either. The seat sprays are more hygiene for semi or public bathrooms.

I do not live in Thiland but in the Middleast has them everywhere but darn if I can get use to the Eastern toilet. That squat thing and the smell is hard to get use to.

So why are most Eastern Toilets built without a trap? I have seen very few with one which eliminates the smells.

SO much for toilet talk.

and, well, it really kind of perks you up as well.

Especially if the water is icy cold like it is in Canada. :):D

You DO have to adjust the power of the spray, though. It almost blew my nuts off the first time I tried it. :D

The trick is to buy a temporay shower (not sure of common name) that uses a plunger to attach to the tap..I used it in the UK so had hot and cold water running into the pipe and simply replaced the shower head with the bum gun... nice warm danglies in the Winter... :D