New Vauxhall Calibra

Boater

THE Calibra is back! Vauxhall’s legendary coupé is about to make a welcome return in the shape of this sleek new sports car .

review and pictures continue here - All New Vauxhall Calibra

Still one of my favorite sports cars, and i have seen a few for sale on one2car .... but would be nice to start seeing a few vauxhalls on the streets of bangkok , and when they bring out the VXR version of this car, i am sure there will be a few Som Chais ordering them in :)

there is no Vauxhall calibras in Bangkok, You mean Opel Calibras. Most of them are 92 or 93 models, selling arround 200'k but most of them are in terrible shapes, used by locals as wanabee racing cars. I guess they not import any Opels anymore. To sad!

Might see a Chevy version ?

I saw a Chevy Zafira a few weeks ago (which of course is a Vauxhall Zafira in UK and Opel Zafira in Europe)

Maybe GM will promote the new Calibra through Chevy here.

Totster :)

there are alot of Chevy zafira's in one2car, but they are all pre 2005 models, they dont appear to of produced the post 2006 model.

does anyone know what happened to opel thailand? ,

Hi.

Quit some years ago i spoke to a Chevy guy at the Bangkok Motor Show (i live just around the corner from BITEC so i always go there) regarding the Zafira and me wondering why it is called "Chevrolet" here. And that guy told me some time ago when the first ones got here they were imported Opels (!) but nobody wanted them because nobody knew the brand, so they simply re-badged them and sold them as Chevrolet. Later then they were build here as Chevy's.

I have also seen quite a number of Daewoo "Fantasy", "Nexia" and "Racer" here which are basically the old Opel Kadett "E", however i have even seen one (MUCh older!) Kadett "C" that was badged "Daewoo" as well! However real Opel Kadett's are rare... i have only seen a couple. Saw a few Opel Omega though, and Calibra's.

Isuzu is involved, too.... The Isuzu TFR (older pickup) was sold in Germany as Opel Campo and of course the German Opel Monterey and Frontera are re-badged Isuzu as well. An Isuzu D-Max is sold in Australia as a Holden Rodeo and the Australian Holden Calais is an Opel Senator (or Commodore, they are somewhat similar) in Germany.

And in the UK the same cars run around as Vauxhalls :)

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Hi.

Quit some years ago i spoke to a Chevy guy at the Bangkok Motor Show (i live just around the corner from BITEC so i always go there) regarding the Zafira and me wondering why it is called "Chevrolet" here. And that guy told me some time ago when the first ones got here they were imported Opels (!) but nobody wanted them because nobody knew the brand, so they simply re-badged them and sold them as Chevrolet. Later then they were build here as Chevy's.

I have also seen quite a number of Daewoo "Fantasy", "Nexia" and "Racer" here which are basically the old Opel Kadett "E", however i have even seen one (MUCh older!) Kadett "C" that was badged "Daewoo" as well! However real Opel Kadett's are rare... i have only seen a couple. Saw a few Opel Omega though, and Calibra's.

Isuzu is involved, too.... The Isuzu TFR (older pickup) was sold in Germany as Opel Campo and of course the German Opel Monterey and Frontera are re-badged Isuzu as well. An Isuzu D-Max is sold in Australia as a Holden Rodeo and the Australian Holden Calais is an Opel Senator (or Commodore, they are somewhat similar) in Germany.

And in the UK the same cars run around as Vauxhalls :)

Kind regards.....

Thanh

And the old Opel Kadett C was sold under the name Isuzu, 25 years ago. I had once a Opel Kadett C Coupe here in Thailand but ith the Isuzu badge. Very rare, should never sell it.

but the question is, will chevy, being part of GM Motors and all, bring the Insignia to Thailand ? , it has won Car of the year 2009 , and would be stiff competition to the Toyota Camera ect....

Toyota Camera, whtat's that? Do you mean Toyota Camry?