French Man Arrested For Allegedly Offering Underage Sex Service In Pattaya

webfact

aoc.png

source:

http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Ofcourse nothing but just another teamoney case as always and everywhere, everybody who knows 'the world' a bit knows that many sexworkers are under 18, wearing sisters ID card etc, it's not even a secret. Everything is used for teamoney in the barscène, under ages (under 20), playing copy cd's and dvd's, taxfree liquor, openingtimes, I knew cops who are always freeloading in the bars, no bar owner will force a cop to pay his bill ! etc. etc.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.. Someone that can read !!!

Regarding the announced crackdown in Pattaya in February, failing the requested clarification of the unclear text written by the lawyer guy, we shall see how this all comes down, when it happens.

Read the full text not one line where you modify the punctuation to make a point that isnt there.

Police Crackdown On Foreign Operated Sex Bars

PATTAYA: -- Informed sources from several police divisions have told the Pattaya Times that a very serious crackdown will begin next month to catch foreign business people who are financial backers of gay bars, beer bars and a go-gos where there is sex for sale in Pattaya.

These bars charge a "bar fine" to the customer and let the employee leave for the night or a "short time" usually about two to three hours. It is suspected that many of these rendezvous are sexually related, police said. Police investigations will determine who pays the bills and gets the profits. If the person is a foreigner then their visa will be revoked and they will be expelled from the Kingdom. If it is a Thai they will be arrested if sex is for sale. There is much concern about organized crime in the nightlife venues, said one official.

"Where did the money come from? Who is behind it? Where does the money go?" asked one policechief rhetorically.

In a related matter, there will be an Interpol office opening in Pattaya to help catch more than 2,000 foreigners wanted in Thailand on various charges.

"Keep in mind, Thais are pretty easy to find compared to foreigners, Thais have a mandatory National ID Card and associated number with a microchip of their history on the card. They must be registered in a

House Book so that at all times there is someone who can say where the person is living if the police want to talk with them. This crackdown on foreigners built up to this point because it is relatively easy for us to disappear in the villages and big cities. Or to simply leave the country," said Drew Noyes of PAPPA Legal Services in Pattaya.

"I advise anyone who has invested in a bar that might be suspected of illegal acts to clear up the problem and make sure they are not associated with any business that is engaged in illegal activities. The Thai police are taking this very seriously. Sure, in the past we have heard rumors of crackdowns, but I don't think we have ever seen a crackdown like the one that is about to happen," said Drew Noyes, former three-term Expat Club leader and 13 year resident.

"There are many bars that we foreigners like to go to relax and part of the attraction of Pattaya is this nightlife. If everyone will make sure that nothing offensive to Thai culture occurs inside these places and no foreigner is associated managerially or financially by a paper trail with these clubs then this crackdown may not cause many people problems. It is great to see the police crackdown on underage sex, drugs and many of the associate problems that come with the bar business, but it is important that foreigners know the law and make sure bars they are invested in are not under scrutiny by the police for prostitution. There are ways to protect yourself now," Managing Director of the Pattaya Times Drew Noyes added.

-- Pattaya Times

It is clearly taking about the night life scene in its entirety.. Any sane person would read it that way and not some anti gay crusade.. I fail to see how you can deduce that from the above article at all...

I agree, the article clearly states what the intentions were and so far I have only seen one person thinking otherwise.

I do not care who gets offended!

Underage is under age, there is no gray area in the law, for that pervert!

If he was not breaking the law, then law enforcement would have been concentrating on other offenders!

12 years old regardless of consent, is against the law. The law dose not differ solely on the gender of the underage victim.

There is no high ground on the subject, period!

It is evident that there has been a long running investigation, by the reports that the FBI and French Embassy police were involved.

Cheers: :)

Foreign owned sex bars !! Not only gay bars..

With your other recent thread (do people miss not playing for the other team) and the like your starting to paint an odd picture.

Just seeking clarification, that's all. Please stop misrepresenting the content of my threads, that is not appreciated at all.

:) ..OMG..Two of probably the most outspoken posters on TV come head to head...keep it up men aahh chaps , first one to 20000 posts gets aahhh nothing..lol

Not defending the bar owners who do this. I would love to see it wiped out. I am questioning the scapegoating ONLY of gay establishments. That seems political, and it stinks.

I think it is political against pedos, not particularly against gays. You are not doing the average gays a favour by putting them in the same drawer with pedophiles. I do not think that if the FBI knew about a foreign bar owner offering underage girls, they would have turned a blind eye. Maybe there is one under investigation right now, who knows. I may be called intolerant, but I actually think a crackdown[tm] on places and bar owners that offer sex with children is good.

That's another issue. Borderline sex workers often sport fake or borrowed IDs. Sometimes even bar owners are fooled, they may employ Thai managers who facilitate the deception. This opens up crime opportunities against unknowing foreigners, blackmail, police extortion, etc. Welcome to Pattaya!

[/quote]

Exactly JT, my friend took a bargirl home to do his thing. She looked young so he asked and she showed him an id. Afterward, she told him she was 14 and produced a different id that substantiated it. She then tried to blackmail him, but he threw her out and never heard from her again.

Is my friend a deviant who should be hung by his cajones? Will every man who has never slept with someone under 18 step forward? How about any man who has never considered sleeping with someone under 18 please step forward? The law is black and white but life isn't.

Of course its a much more severe case if there were extremely underage people involved as that posted press release indicates.

Maybe this is totally unrelated to the upcoming gay bar crackdown. This coming crackdown is about all gay off fee establishments owned by foreigners.

Pattaya.

Gay, straight, 11, 111,All welcome there.

Still you know that before you go ....right?

If you read the second article it defines under age persons between 12 and 20. Under twenty is underage. And like you said underage is underage. How many of you pedos have been with a person in a bar under 20? After all underage is underage hang em all!

Chiangmaikelly

Now you are getting a bit zealous. As has already been stated in the thread the definition of a Paedophile is someone who desires to have sex with pre pubescent children. The age category of 18-20 hardly fits that definition.

Sorry, I didn't see the reference to Pre pubescent children.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I wonder if all or some of you that are replying ask the person you take with you, home or to your rooms, for a ID card to make sure the girl/boy is over 18 and not 17 years and 11 months and 29 days old ?

Yes. Always check card as had narrow escape X yeras ago (albeit by just three months) and fortunately was sober enough to re-look at card as soon as outside bar and in light. Another good point about (some) hotels checking IDs - they can stop you doing something seriously silly.

The new ID cards even show the DOB in English. So there is no excuse for taking home somebody under the legal age.

If they show you a fake ID or somebody else's (if the picture looks somewhat reasonably like the person you are takng home), you will have acted in "good faith".

There are so many under aged boys and girls working in Pataya as well as Bangkok that it is almost unbelievable.

The only way to get rid of this problem is to close bars down that employ under-aged staff and blacklist the owners to make it impossible for them to do it again.

It is a very difficult problem to eradicate because many of the bars in Pataya and Bangkok supply their under aged staff with false ID cards and instruct them to tell the customers they are over 18.

Furthermore some (Farang as well as Thai) friends of mine own establishments in Chiangmai, Bangkok and Pataya and they are kindly tipped in advance before a raid takes place.

This is part of the service they receive from police for paying their monthly bribes.

Didn't they try some ID card system a few years ago in the bars? All staff had to register somewhere and display some sort of card?

I doubt it lasted more than a week, but I do recall reading something about it.

Yes, there was something, some 10 or 15 years ago. The prostitute girls had to wear a badge, showing that they had been tested for STDs within the last three months. Problem was that there is no prostitution in Thailand (that would be illegal, you know), so who would wear the badges?

I think any organisations no matter were from working together to catch the sick people who take advantage of the innocence of child hood should be welcomed. Remember there are internet police watching traffic from all over the world, the monitoring is not only feet on the ground.

There are children out there who are doing what they do yes to feed families etc and have lost their childhood for ever and as earlier described by someone turn to drugs etc to escape the mental torture and the pain they feel. You try and imagine their pain and torment for one second

If you know of any activity and have any moral values about you, you would report to appropriate authorities. I know I could not sleep at night if I knew this was going on somewhere and didn't report it.

The only reason this goes on is there is demand and people make a lot of money from it, we all have an obligation to try and eradicate it (unless you are in the sick camp you won't as you see this as abnormal)

Its ok to be gay but its not ok to abuse underage boys or girls , and Pattaya is full of them.

BIB should have started cleaning up this years ago but they love their money and dont care much.

what is the difference between a gay bar and a gay beer bar.

Sure a gay bar would be Panaroma Pub in Boyztown. Rare in Pattaya, more common in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. At a gay bar the emphasis is more on the drinking, socializing, game playing than with picking up commercial hosts.

A gay beer bar would be the Forest Bar, Sunnee Plaza (also called host bars). Very common in Pattaya.

A gay go go bar would be Boyz Boyz Boyz in Boyztown. Very common in Pattaya.

A gay disco would be the Dave Man Club, Central Pattaya. A growing trend in Pattaya.

Edited by Jingthing

If you read the second article it defines under age persons between 12 and 20. Under twenty is underage. And like you said underage is underage. How many of you pedos have been with a person in a bar under 20? After all underage is underage hang em all!

I don't think it does it just says that's the ages being offered so it may only be under age for some. If you check post #150 it answers my original question although I've no idea if it's correct. When I married my wife I was 20 and she was 19 but I wouldn't say she was under age. In the UK you can get married when you're 16 and I don't think you have to lay off sex for 4 years. As a matter of interest does anyone know the minimum age for marriage in Thailand?

What's more important here is the safety of the young people involved.

Sadly, I feel the need to repeat this assertion (too many slurs and misunderstandings of my points about the more general issue of the upcoming nightlife crackdown) -- personally I am in favor of a crackdown against ALL underage prostitution purveyors in Thailand, gay, straight, kathoey, and Martian.

The trade is bad for everybody except for maybe the profiteers if they don't caught and some corrupt police. The kids should be in school in an ideal world but Thailand isn't an ideal world. The existence of this trade also puts foreigners at risk who ACCIDENTALLY get involved with this by being fooled by fake IDs and lying bar owners/managers. My feeling is that many more foreigners end up being involved in this illicit activity accidentally than by design. It is very hard for westerners to tell the age of Thais in the borderline age groups.

A complete and total effective crackdown on ALL of the underage sex trade would be very welcome. However, get real, it isn't going to really happen, there is too much money in it including to the police, we all know that, and that's a shame.

Edited by Jingthing

Is there a Thai FBI, or was that the American FBI's police work leading to the arrest?

If it was the American FBI, can someone enlighten me on how they can actively operate in a foreign country? I am not saying it's a bad thing they caught this creepazoid, though the next creepazoid is already filling his boots. I'm just wondering under what agreements the FBI can do police work in Thailand?

[Remember the Post a week ago warning foreign bar owners to get their act together and/or get out of town to avoid an impending 'crack down'? It's lucky Mr. child pimp doesn't subscribe to TV news clippings!]

Is there a Thai FBI, or was that the American FBI's police work leading to the arrest?

If it was the American FBI, can someone enlighten me on how they can actively operate in a foreign country? I am not saying it's a bad thing they caught this creepazoid, though the next creepazoid is already filling his boots. I'm just wondering under what agreements the FBI can do police work in Thailand?

[Remember the Post a week ago warning foreign bar owners to get their act together and/or get out of town to avoid an impending 'crack down'? It's lucky Mr. child pimp doesn't subscribe to TV news clippings!]

eggo

I doubt the FBI were operating in country, however if the guy concerned has been conducting any of his sordid business via internet, then if it were major enough and involved addresses in the USA the FBI would have been alerted. It would be natural for them to inform another police agency if they knew serious crimes were being committed. Just a theory mind.

Sadly, I feel the need to repeat this assertion (too many slurs and misunderstandings of my points about the more general issue of the upcoming nightlife crackdown) -- personally I am in favor of a crackdown against ALL underage prostitution purveyors in Thailand, gay, straight, kathoey, and Martian.

The trade is bad for everybody except for maybe the profiteers if they don't caught. The kids should be in school in an ideal world but Thailand isn't an ideal world. The existence of this trade also puts foreigners at risk who ACCIDENTALLY get involved with this by being fooled by fake IDs and lying bar owners/managers. My feeling is that many more foreigners end up being involved in this illicit activity accidentally than by design. It is very hard for westerners to tell the age of Thais in the borderline age groups.

A complete and total effective crackdown on ALL underage sex trade would be very welcome. However, get real, it isn't going to really happen, there is too much money in it including to the police, we all know that, and that's a shame.

Just in 1995 the last real sexparlours in Chiangmai that exploited very young children were closed after by police raids, they were hidden in the infamous earth wall, still in the middle of the city.

Men who rape young children must be for an 98% locals not rarely brothers and fathers, but this is never in the news, just when a foreigner has been cought it's blown up in the media.

So it's not a typical problem brought by foreigners, as many think even back home, how annoying ! Here they better start looking at themselves first.

Not long ago children were expected to contribute to the over all well being of the family. When a child became old enough to work they worked hence the summers off from school to work on the farm. As children have been turned more and more into play things as opposed to contributeing members of society the cases and level of abuse has risen worldwide.

Children have become parasites, sucking the best years from their parents without a thank you and even continueing after they have reached adulthood. Who is to blame, society as a whole and the parents.

Think about it the use of the words child and children are used to describe 18 and 20 year old adults. In the next 10 years will a 25 year old become a child.

Much discussion has gone on here about the age of consent, at one time it was established to be when a female began having menstrual cycles and when a boys voice changed. But now in most countries it is 18 years of age, which is about right because even the majority of 18 year olds are not mature enough now to make a rational decision about sex or much else.

I would ask those posters on this forum who have been in Thailand, how many 20 year old Thais have you met that were mature enough to make good decisions about sex and other life issues.

Well good luck to you all underage sex is aganist the law no matter how you try to rationalize it the ages have been set and sometimes age differences have been established. Lets say the girl is 14 and the boy is 16 booth under age the boy is in trouble he is 2 years older than girl and guess what the girl can be 18( legal age) and if the man is 25 there is a good chance he could be in trouble to much age difference.

thats why I like older women.

The trade is bad for everybody except for maybe the profiteers if they don't caught. The kids should be in school in an ideal world but Thailand isn't an ideal world. The existence of this trade also puts foreigners at risk who ACCIDENTALLY get involved with this by being fooled by fake IDs and lying bar owners/managers. My feeling is that many more foreigners end up being involved in this illicit activity accidentally than by design. It is very hard for westerners to tell the age of Thais in the borderline age groups.

A complete and total effective crackdown on ALL underage sex trade would be very welcome. However, get real, it isn't going to really happen, there is too much money in it including to the police, we all know that, and that's a shame.

Just in 1995 the last real sexparlours in Chiangmai that exploited very young children were closed after by police raids, they were hidden in the infamous earth wall, still in the middle of the city.

Men who rape young children must be for an 98% locals not rarely brothers and fathers, but this is never in the news, just when a foreigner has been cought it's blown up in the media.

So it's not a typical problem brought by foreigners, as many think even back home, how annoying ! Here they better start looking at themselves first.

Yes of course it is true that the vast majority of this activity is among Thais themselves, however this being an expat board, the focus is naturally going to be on the foreigner part of it, small as that may be. Edited by Jingthing

if the federal bureau was involved means, that the crime was going for long, was drastic and on a large scale - surely there would be enough evidence for the prosecution. It well might be a show case for the prosecution to stamp out on foreign bars, righly so.

This event sounds like a World Vision entrapment case. For those who are unfamiliar with the World Vision scheme, this is a "Christian" outfit (that has an office in Pattaya) that is funded by the U.S. Immigration service to set up older men for pedophile prosecution. World Vision "investigators" roam around Pattaya and Jomtien with cameras who take pictures of any older Western men in the company of a young-looking boy (it could be a father-son duo). After the clandestine picture is taken, the investigator, a Thai man, will then fortioutsly introduce himself indicating that he wants to practice speaking English with the older man. His first question usually is "Where are you from?" Once that intelligence is gained the picture is shipped off to the immigratin service who does a comparison check of their passport picture on file. Then when the poor sap returns to the U.S. he becomes subject of investigation and prosecution. Tbhis very wall may how the Frenchman was tapped. Why does American FBI bother itself with the activities of foreigners? Because of the American obsession with anything gay and kiddie porn! It is a nasty business.

well, you could have found it in google in less than 10 seconds.

but I'll post the link to the english translation of the 1996 act:

http://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT...63/E96THA01.htm

to summarize: yes, prostitution is allowed in Thailand, but under some provisions which are made in the Law.

พระราชบัญญัติ

ป้องกันและปราบปรามการค้าประเวณี

พ.ศ. ๒๕๓๙

> มาตรา ๔ ในพระราชบัญญัตินี้

"
การค้าประเวณี"
หมายความว่า การยอมรับการกระทำชำเราหรือการยอมรับการกระทำอื่นใด หรือการกระทำอื่นใดเพื่อสำเร็จความใคร่ในทางกามารมณ์ของผู้อื่น อันเป็นการสำส่อนเพื่อสินจ้างหรือประโยชน์อื่นใด ทั้งนี้ ไม่ว่าผู้ยอมรับการกระทำและผู้กระทำจะเป็นบุคคลเพศเดียวกันหรือคนละเพศ

- In short, prostitution, according to laws' definition, means "the act of giving sexual pleasure in exchange of money or other benefits, regardless of gender of the performer(s) and the receiver(s).

> มาตรา ๕ ผู้ใดเข้าติดต่อ ชักชวน แนะนำตัว ติดตาม หรือรบเร้าบุคคลตามถนนหรือสาธารณสถาน หรือกระทำการดังกล่าวในที่อื่นใด เพื่อการค้าประเวณีอันเป็นการเปิดเผยและน่าอับอายหรือเป็นที่เดือนร้อนรำคาญ แก่สาธารณชน (prosecutes freelance prostitutes) ต้องระวางโทษปรับไม่เกินหนึ่งพันบาท

> มาตรา ๖ ผู้ใดเข้าไปมั่วสุมในสถานการค้าประเวณีเพื่อประโยชน์ในการค้าประเวณีของตน เองหรือผู้อื่น (prosecutes brothel prostitutes and pimps) ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกไม่เกินหนึ่งเดือน หรือปรับไม่เกินหนึ่งพันบาท หรือทั้งจำทั้งปรับ

> ถ้าการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่งได้กระทำเพราะถูกบังคับ หรือตกอยู่ภายใต้อำนาจซึ่งไม่สามารถจะหลีกเลี่ยงหรือขัดขืนได้ ผู้กระทำไม่มีความผิด

> มาตรา ๗ ผู้ใดโฆษณาหรือรับโฆษณา ชักชวน หรือแนะนำด้วยเอกสาร สิ่งพิมพ์ หรือกระทำให้แพร่หลายด้วยวิธีใดไปยังสาธารณะในลักษณะที่เห็นได้ว่าเป็นการ เรียกร้องหรือการติดต่อเพื่อการค้าประเวณีของตนเองหรือผู้อื่น (prosecutes agencies or individual prostitutes that advertise themselves in flyers, published media or any other way) ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่หกเดือนถึงสองปี หรือปรับตั้งแต่หนึ่งหมื่นบาทถึงสี่หมื่นบาท หรือทั้งจำทั้งปรับ

> มาตรา ๘ ผู้ใดกระทำชำเราหรือกระทำอื่นใดเพื่อสำเร็จความใคร่ของตนเองหรือผู้อื่นแก่บุคคลอายุกว่าสิบห้าปีแต่ยังไม่เกินสิบแปดปีในสถานการค้าประเวณี โดยบุคคลนั้นจะยินยอมหรือไม่ก็ตาม (prosecutes paedophiles and under-aged prostitute customers) ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่หนึ่งปีถึงสามปี และปรับตั้งแต่สองหมื่นบาทถึงหกหมื่นบาท

> ถ้าการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่งเป็นการกระทำแก่เด็กอายุไม่เกินสิบห้าปี ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่สองปีถึงหกปีและปรับตั้งแต่สี่หมื่นบาทถึงหนึ่งแสน สองหมื่นบาท

> ถ้าการกระทำตามวรรคหนึ่งเป็นการกระทำต่อคู่สมรสของตน โดยมิใช่เพื่อสำเร็จความใคร่ของผู้อื่น ผู้กระทำไม่มีความผิด

> มาตรา ๙ ผู้ใดเป็นธุระจัดหา ล่อไป หรือชักพาไปซึ่งบุคคลใดเพื่อให้บุคคลนั้นกระทำการค้าประเวณีแม้บุคคลนั้นจะ ยินยอมก็ตาม และไม่ว่าการกระทำต่างๆ อันประกอบเป็นความผิดนั้นจะได้กระทำภายในหรือนอกราชอาณาจักร (prosecutes agencies and middlemen) ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่หนึ่งปีถึงสิบปีและปรับตั้งแต่สองหมื่นบาทถึงสอง แสนบาท

> ถ้าการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่ง เป็นการกระทำแก่บุคคลอายุกว่าสิบห้าปีแต่ยังไม่เกินสิบแปดปี ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่ห้าปีถึงสิบห้าปี และปรับตั้งแต่หนึ่งแสนบาทถึงสามแสนบาท

> ถ้าการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่ง เป็นการกระทำแก่เด็กอายุยังไม่เกินสิบห้าปีผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษจำคุก ตั้งแต่สิบปีถึงยี่สิบปีและปรับตั้งแต่สองแสนบาทถึงสี่แสนบาท

> ถ้าการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่ง วรรคสอง หรือวรรคสาม เป็นการกระทำโดยใช้อุบายหลอกลวง ขู่เข็ญ ใช้กำลังประทุษร้าย ใช้อำนาจครอบงำผิดคลองธรรม หรือใช้วิธีข่มขืนใจด้วยประการใดๆ ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษหนักกว่าที่บัญญัติไว้ในวรรคหนึ่ง วรรคสอง หรือวรรคสาม หนึ่งในสาม แล้วแต่กรณี

> ผู้ใดเพื่อให้มีการกระทำการค้าประเวณี รับตัวบุคคลซึ่งตนรู้อยู่ว่ามีผู้จัดหา ล่อไป หรือชักพาไปตามวรรคหนึ่ง วรรคสอง วรรคสาม หรือวรรคสี่ หรือสนับสนุนในการกระทำความผิดดังกล่าว ต้องระวางโทษตามที่บัญญัติไว้ในวรรคหนึ่ง วรรคสอง วรรคสาม หรือวรรคสี่ แล้วแต่กรณี

> มาตรา ๑๐ ผู้ใดเป็นบิดา มารดา หรือผู้ปกครองของบุคคลซึ่งมีอายุยังไม่เกินสิบแปดปีรู้ว่ามีการกระทำความผิด ตามมาตรา ๙ วรรคสอง วรรคสาม หรือวรรคสี่ ต่อผู้อยู่ในความปกครองของตน และมีส่วนร่วมรู้เห็นเป็นใจให้มีการกระทำความผิดนั้น (prosecutes parents that sell/allow their under-aged young to be a prostitute)ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่สี่ปีถึงยี่สิบปีและปรับตั้งแต่แปดหมื่นบาทถึงสี่ แสนบาท

> มาตรา ๑๑ ผู้ใดเป็นเจ้าของกิจการการค้าประเวณี ผู้ดูแล หรือผู้จัดการกิจการการค้าประเวณีหรือสถานการค้าประเวณี หรือเป็นผู้ควบคุมผู้กระทำการค้าประเวณีในสถานการค้าประเวณี (prosecutes pimps and mamas) ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่สามปีถึงสิบห้าปีและปรับตั้งแต่หกหมื่นบาทถึงสาม แสนบาท

> ถ้ากิจการหรือสถานการค้าประเวณีตามวรรคหนึ่งมีบุคคลซึ่งมีอายุกว่าสิบห้าปี แต่ยังไม่เกินสิบแปดปีทำการค้าประเวณีอยู่ด้วย ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่ห้าปีถึงสิบห้าปีและปรับตั้งแต่หนึ่งแสน บาทถึงสามแสนบาท

> ถ้ากิจการหรือสถานการค้าประเวณีตามวรรคหนึ่งมีเด็กอายุยังไม่เกินสิบห้าปีทำ การค้าประเวณีอยู่ด้วย ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่สิบปีถึงยี่สิบปีและปรับตั้งแต่สองแสนบาท ถึงสี่แสนบาท

> มาตรา ๑๒ ผู้ใดหน่วงเหนี่ยว กักขัง กระทำด้วยประการใดให้ผู้อื่นปราศจากเสรีภาพในร่างกายหรือทำร้ายร่างกาย หรือขู่เข็ญด้วยประการใดๆ ว่าจะใช้กำลังประทุษร้ายผู้อื่นเพื่อข่มขืนใจให้ผู้อื่นนั้นกระทำการค้า ประเวณี (prosecutes anyone that lock away, physically or verbally threaten someone in order to force them to become prostitute) ต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่สิบปีถึงยี่สิบปี และปรับตั้งแต่สองแสนบาทถึงสี่แสนบาท

> ถ้าการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่งเป็นเหตุให้ผู้ถูกกระทำ:

(๑) ได้รับอันตรายสาหัส ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตลอดชีวิต

(๒) ถึงแก่ความตาย ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษประหารชีวิต หรือจำคุกตลอดชีวิต

ผู้ใดสนับสนุนในการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่งหรือวรรคสอง ต้องระวางโทษตามที่บัญญัติไว้ในวรรคหนึ่ง หรือวรรคสอง แล้วแต่กรณี

> ถ้าผู้กระทำความผิดหรือผู้สนับสนุนการกระทำความผิดตามวรรคหนึ่ง เป็นพนักงานฝ่ายปกครองหรือตำรวจ หรือพนักงานเจ้าหน้าที่ หรือเจ้าหน้าที่ในสถานแรกรับหรือสถานคุ้มครองและพัฒนาอาชีพตามพระราชบัญญัติ นี้ ผู้กระทำต้องระวางโทษจำคุกตั้งแต่สิบห้าปีถึงยี่สิบปีและปรับตั้งแต่สามแสน บาทถึงสี่แสนบาท

From reliable source, I still don't see where the laws leave any convenient gap to justify prostitution.

Source: National Operation Centre on Prevention and Suppression of Human Trafficking

http://www.notforsale.in.th/autopagev4/sho...=3&TopicPk=

Edited by SuriyaJ

I knew this topic was going to be trouble.

First of all, feuding is not permitted on Thaivisa. Posts personally addressed to and attack other members have been removed and warnings issued. If you have a clear issue that involves violation of the rules, PM a mod or use the REPORT function judiciously.

I am afraid I will now have to go through and clean this thread up a bit. I strongly suggest no one gives me a bigger reason to penalise them in the meantime.

French national Jean Eric Lopez, 47, was arrested after the DSI's Bureau of Foreign Affairs and Transnational Crime was informed by representatives of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Thailand and French national police based at the French Embassy in Thailand that Mr Lopez used to run entertainment venues which offered boy sex trade for hire and the accused himself had sexually abused children.

According to the investigation, the DSI officials found that Mr Lopez is a shareholder in several entertainment venues for homosexuals in Pattaya, which provide children aged between 12 and 20 year-old to the customers.

He was pimpin 12 year old aparently... What kind of charges is he gonna face ? Hope he'll stay in thailand, and won't be extrated to France...

I think it is of interest to our readership to notice that 'children' are considered up to 20 years old. I have said before on this forum and say it again: technically, until 20 years old (which is the age of majority, not to be confused with the age of consent), without the parent's consent you are at risk of being prosecuted for one version or another of statutory rape. While different members may have different views on the morality or practicality of this law- and there are certainly different legal points of view in our different home countries- this is the law in Thailand and it is the one under which we live.

Frankly speaking, I don't see why emotionally mature people over 30 would want to be with people under 20, anyway, but that's just IMHO.