Ais 3g Modem / Air Card Dongle

Gobbledoc

If so, can they easily be unlocked so I can use them with an other company.

Can I switch a GPRS sim in and out with a 3G sim in the AIS ones.

Also, If I start on say, day 25 of the month, when different packages may include for example 50hrs a month of GPRS EDGE, or 500MB of 3g on the dongle or 5Gigs for the router, is this month at the first day of activation, eg, 25th to 25th of each month, or is it 1st day to the last day of a calendar month?

Anyone know if the AIS 3g Wireless router has a Ethernet port in it, it doesn't actually say, the people in the shop are 100% useless. I would assume it would, but that's a silly mistake to do here some times !

Some useful notes below I did to people just starting with Thai 3G. ( Lets assume it's 3G, there are many threads on it not being real 3G, I am referring to faster than GPRS data transfer in Thailand !)

3G Dongle 900 & 2100MHz, 3200b with 6 months of 500MB

3G wireless router 5200b by memory with 5 gigs a month for 12 months.

At those prices for the hardware, I would want them to be unlocked.

When you go to Phantip, not many 900Mhz available.

Anyone had any experence with AIS 3G in Chonburi ?

Thanks 3Gers out there.

AIS “3G” packages

To avoid confusion, and possible pre answer some questions, here is a small update, this is only for Chiang Mai, Hua Hin and Chonburi City (not Pattaya) and BKK has no coverage to speak of yet with AIS. There are many threads on TV about if it is real 3G etc, the common 3G in the world is on 2100MHz, that is the band that the Thai Governments or particular parties in the Thai Gov can’t agree on who gets the licenses and how much goes to who is suspected to be the delay. Many companies are spending money on a 3G or a high data speed system, currently they are pumping that out on the 900MHz band that they already have licenses for as it’s the same as your Mobile phone band. Note, very few 3G gadgets in the world can use 900MHz. You will see prices on this forum for AIS 3G, of 30Gigs in a month for 799baht, AIS in their wisdom has more than tripled these prices recently, (In the last 2 months, some prices have gone up about 7 seven times. Just one of those Thailand things I guess.

I am getting conflicting out of AIS. People so confidently tell us completely different answers to the same simple Yes / No questions !! I would like any help from people who have 3G with AIS Please.

Thanks, I was worried that even paying full retail rate, nothing cheap about 4000b for a dongal would be locked, often they are locked when you get them for free in farlang land.

no its locked tried yesterday, i am chonburi servie s shocking 10kb most of the timedropping to 0. frustrating ais not interested itis not 3g as they say

Biggest drawback with AIS is them being on 900 Mhz. Indeed almost no devices work on that frequency almost forcing you to buy the AIS dongle.

Although I'm surprised they lock it.

NALAK, did you mean you tried with a Dtac simcard and it didn't work?

Biggest drawback with AIS is them being on 900 Mhz. Indeed almost no devices work on that frequency almost forcing you to buy the AIS dongle.

Although I'm surprised they lock it.

NALAK, did you mean you tried with a Dtac simcard and it didn't work?

sorry whatmeant was i went to ais and dtac shop they both said locked. i put 3 card in from uk worked ok on roaming. dtac do sell non locked dongles. all the shops have attractive staff who are clueless about what they are selling