Lost Parcel Through Thai Post Worht $1,000

Tompa

One of my customers sent a payment to me in cash of about $1000. I informed him that this is quite risky but he went ahead and sent it anyway. It was sent by registered mail to me. The parcel never arrived and when we checked with the post office they have record that a Thai person we never heard of signed for this. The post man says he delivered it to our office which is not correct.

As it was sent by registered mail it should only be delivered to the addressee. As this was clearly (in their documents as well) not delivered and signed for by me, are there any course of action I can take against the postal office? I seriously doubt it but wanted to check anyway. We’ve already filed a complaint with them and they are currently investigating it, but we hold no hope as they have already showed us that it was delivered and signed for by this mysterious person.

It's quite clear to us that someone stole this :)

Thanks,

Tompa,

come on you guys....

i sent 100 usd bill for birthday gift to my granddaughter in an envelop.... it arrived safely in the usa.

but for 10,000 usd.... the sender and the expected receipient are probably not quite of the normal range....

i would very much suspect the poster is .... LOL

Sorry to hear that. I've had problems with Thai post employees stealing mail. It usually happens when there's a plastic card inside - has happened several times just for me alone, so it must happen thousands of times country-wide. Also happens with packages, but less often.

Who sends $1000 cash in the post? Sounds like a windup...ever heard of a wire transfer, Western Union, Paypal...etc...etc...??

(Western Union is even available at almost every post office, so it's not like the customer didn't have access to at least Western Union)

Edited by dave111223

even if there is some kind of insurance in the country of origin, mostly money, gold, jewellry etc. is not covered

Incorrect FEDEX does send and give insurance for Jewellry and gold, and yes for cash money you can't get a insurance.

Not realy smart to let a costumer go ahead with this, did you confirm to him that he will be responsible for any lost???

Your not supposed to send cash so you cant claim..

I had 300 USD sent to me cash recorded mail (hidden inside papers) as there wasnt any choice... This was the mail that caused a hoo haa in the thai press when video evidence showing the postmaster holding stuff up to the light and pocketing them came out (patong post office about 8 or so years ago)..

Even with video evidence and the postmaster running away to another province they wouldnt admit any wrong doing..

The co. I work for just had a package reported by DHL as "being distroyed in a ware house fire." The value of the package, 9000 USD. The reimbursment rate, 200 USD. The office staff fudged the documents for tax reasons.... sometimes it pays just to be honest

My question is "How can a farang become rich in Thailand?"

Marry somebody at the Thai post office! The other option would be to marry somebody in the Thai police force. :)

Does Thailand have postal police?** Yeah! That's the ticket!!!

** NOTE: Not to be confused with Thai police going postal!! :D

Back on topic now, I have had both a credit card and $50 cash successfully posted to me from the USA before. Unfortunately, the Thanksgiving card from my mom this last November didn't make it. There was nothing of value included with the card I am told.

I have been lucky so far I guess....