What Brand, Model Of 'quality' Washing Machine.....

luwahn

I want to buy a good quality washing machine. Can any one recommend any brands and models that surpasses the typical 'run-of-the-mill' non-performing washers that I have been reading all the horror stories about? Do all of the domestic plastic washers sold here generally fall into this category? Is there a 'High end' washing machine retailer? Are there new washing machine models that perform (and are durable) as they are intended to be?

Thanks!

Hi guys and girls !

One moore from Udon-Thani,this time i bought a SIMENS 7 kg, water heater from 30->90 Celcius.Around 1 year ago this machine costed me ca. 20.000Bath at Power Buy Bic -C.

*Quiet

*Good result from wasching all kind of materials..

*Look nice too..

//MrHydro :)

Edited by MrHydro

Unfortunately we're looking for one too. Our 4 year old 18,000 baht water heating, top loading Whirlpool just bit the dust. It worked well, though a bit rough on the clothes from the agitator, until the electronic control panel went out. Everything else looks brand new but it's 8,500 baht to replace the whole panel because the store wouldn't try to fix it. The guy at the local village fix-it shop was willing to dig into the panel and he's done a good job for us in the past so we'll see. If he can't fix it I'm not going to put that much money into a 4 year old machine so I'll have to get a new one. But, it will be one that the electronics can be repaired cheaply. LG has a line of nice looking, water heating, front loading machines in the 15K to 20K baht range that the control panel can be replaced for 3,000 baht. And JD Powers consumer surveys in the US says that LG washers have very high satisfaction ratings. So we'll probably go with them if we can't get the Whirlpool fixed.

Have an Italian made Zanussi front load washing machine, no problems at all four years down the track. Front loader is the way to go as they use less water than a top loader and do not have an agitator to tangle the clothes. Still looks and performs like new.

I have also had a 10kg LG top loader for the past 3-4 years, no problems. Before that a Pal/Candy 8kg top loader, no electronics and the only problem was the on/off button got packed full of ant and wouldn't go on. Only reason I got a new one was the wife didn't like all the tin plate patches I had to put on it where it had corroded. Before that a "traditional" washing machine i.e. the wife. The last option is obviously the best as it costs less. Depends what you need, I have 2 manky kids so need a large capacity, you can also wash big duvets in it. The front loaders have a smaller capacity, water heaters and all kinds of fancy electronics which I don't like. I really don't understand why you need a washer/drier in Thailand, it dries just as quick if you hang it outside and driers chew electricity. The new top loaders are a bit gentler than the old clothes shredders that you used to get.

My wife chose an LG with a fuzzy logic controller. I had heard bad reports about LG but decided to let her choose what she wanted. It is an 8 KG top loader model with a stainless steel tub. She has it programmed to suit herself and I am forbidden to touch it. It gets a lot of use and is now more than 5 years old. Anything that lasts 5 years here in Thailand is not all bad.

I bought the Electrolux washer and dryer combo, I like it, have been using it for 4 years now no problems, its a front load. However the price is high I paid about 40K for it.

I agree with the one post stay with well known names.

......Being new to this, I didn't know they sold electric driers here in LOS! Cool! What model is yours and in what store did you buy yours?
We have an Electrolux 7kg load front loader with water heater and it works very well, appears just the same quality as back in UK, bought in Carre Four, Udon Thani they have a load to choose from.
......Can you list your model #......? I'll have to visit Carre Four more often!
I really don't understand why you need a washer/drier in Thailand, it dries just as quick if you hang it outside and driers chew electricity. The new top loaders are a bit gentler than the old clothes shredders that you used to get.
Besides aiding in finishing the laundry faster, a dryer leaves the laundry soft and basically wrinkle free - if you remove it when the cycle is finished. Also, if I need to go somewhere that will keep me from home for any length of time, I don't have to worry about either waiting the 'few hours' for the clothes to dry, or, leaving them outside overnight or for one, two - three days (whatever) plus the additional worry of, 'is it going to rain'(?), etc......

I nrecommend Front Loading maschine, either from Japan or Germany.I have Hitachi for over 6 years, and no problems ....now have new Ones on Display at your local store. check them out.You pay more off course...for this type...but as always... you get what you pay for.

quality and clean laundry

A dryer/washing machine combination has the major advantage that in rainy season one has always access to odor free clothes - anyone ever had the experience of clothes odor which didn't dry fast, well enough?

Electrolux - if can be found: Miele or Siemens, yes and Zanussi - frontloader!

Have an Italian made Zanussi front load washing machine, no problems at all four years down the track. Front loader is the way to go as they use less water than a top loader and do not have an agitator to tangle the clothes. Still looks and performs like new.

It is funny I have a zanussi as well, bought them (washer & dry ) over 11 years ago.

Good machine, but I think do not sell in Thailand anymore.

Do you know it is the same company as Electrolux if you need repair.

At home overseas I have a asko

Bought the top of the line whirlpool 6 years ago and it undergoes heavy laundry daily and it still works like a trooper.
They sell Whirlpool here in LOS, too??! Is it the steel body version, can you list the model number? How is the customer (repair-part) service?

Are all the dryers here just like the ones 'back home'?

I recommend Front Loading maschine, either from Japan or Germany.I have Hitachi for over 6 years, and no problems ....now have new Ones on Display at your local store. check them out.You pay more off course...for this type...but as always... you get what you pay for.

quality and clean laundry

Do you know where I can view LOS washers and dryers online?