Which Day Of The Week Is Currency Strongest/weakest?

I have heard that most currencies generally follow a pattern of highs and lows with days of the week. Obviously there are many other factors which will often change this, but what day of the week is the baht typically at it's lowest value? Also, how would I find out what day of the week, the Canadian dollar is generally strongest?

Obviously I am trying to get an idea what day is typically best for exchanging dollars to baht. Thanks for any info.

If there is such a day of the week I expect the difference is extremely small and I expect that day of the business week changes every year/few years depending on the state of finances in the world. And if transferring money from overseas and trying to get your transfer to arrive on Day X (that historically best day of the week) vs Day Y while considering home country and Thailand holidays and other funds transfer/conversion delay factors, then I would think the funds transfer/conversion is kinda like a dart throw (i.e., sometimes you hit what you are aiming at, but most of the time you just get close). Now if you have foreign currency in-hand, travelers checks, foreign currency account, hidden in your mattress, etc., where you can run to the bank and convert currency the same day, then maybe you'll have a little more luck with your dart throw. And don't forget the exchange rate usually changes 1, 2, 3, 4 or more times per day also; your wire transfer will probably get the 1st rate of the day. Good luck in your money conversion dart throwing. :)

If there is such a day of the week I expect the difference is extremely small and I expect that day of the business week changes every year/few years depending on the state of finances in the world. And if transferring money from overseas and trying to get your transfer to arrive on Day X (that historically best day of the week) vs Day Y while considering home country and Thailand holidays and other funds transfer/conversion delay factors, then I would think the funds transfer/conversion is kinda like a dart throw (i.e., sometimes you hit what you are aiming at, but most of the time you just get close). Now if you have foreign currency in-hand, travelers checks, foreign currency account, hidden in your mattress, etc., where you can run to the bank and convert currency the same day, then maybe you'll have a little more luck with your dart throw. And don't forget the exchange rate usually changes 1, 2, 3, 4 or more times per day also; your wire transfer will probably get the 1st rate of the day. Good luck in your money conversion dart throwing. :)

It changes every second.

Edited by Orion76

There are lots of factor which move the price but most importants are the Major News event relating the Financial markets.

Attached is USDCAD daily chart. Each Bar is a single day. You can easily mark the day in which the price is high or low.

Tell me what u figure out from the chart :)

post-21691-1265048924_thumb.jpg

The Canadian Dollar is About 30.25 Bhat per dollar right now and has not really fluctuated much in 10 days.

The airport rate can be slightly more than the same banks rate in the city. I asked at the airport and they checked the city bank rate for me the airport rate was about .50 satang more. So I changed more at the airport 12 days ago.

Most banks get their rates from head bank after 10 am everyday. I would think anytime Monday to Friday is good to change, but if Monday wait till after 10 a.m. As another replies suggests the difference is only going to be less than 1/2 a bhat anyway, don't loose sleep about it. Monday Feb. 1 at TMB bank in the BTS station was 30.28, for Canadian cash. Some banks give you slightly more for large bills.

The Thai government holds their reserves in U.S dollars and they are taking a beating as the U.S. dollar is low.

Not much more than the Canadian. A fellow Canadian.

You sure this isn't the chart of a very erractic heart beat. If so, it's probably just as good as any other FX chart when it comes to currency exchange. :D

It is a daily chart. One Bar is One Day. Thats what the FX market are now a days. :)

Edited by tariq786

I transfer Canadian and US dollars to my Thai bank account from my PayPal account. So before I initiate the transfer, it tells me how many baht it will be. I am just trying to figure out if I should try holding out for certain days, or avoid certain days. I guess its just not that simple though.

The maturity level in this sub-forum is much nicer than the general ones! I was expecting to be called an idiot by the first person to reply. Thanks for the info guys.