Police Procedure

steveweaver99

What are/is the procedure if you are not satisfied with the handling of a criminal complaint?

Police dont really seem to care and no report was taken even though I had significant evidence.

BTW the incident happened in Pattaya and was reported to the Pattaya Police.

Thanks

Edited by steveweaver99

Usually they take reports and you get a copy for your insurance or whatever. Without knowing the case however, what kind of advise do you expect to get?!

They either did not believe in you or the case was too tiny to handle.

Cheers

Get somebody who has a relationship with Pattaya Police, preferably a Thai, to pass some money from you to them to investigate the initial complaint and tell them more will be coming in the event of a resolution you like. You would stipulate this. e.g. so and so gets a prison sentence etc.

Get somebody who has a relationship with Pattaya Police, preferably a Thai, to pass some money from you to them to investigate the initial complaint and tell them more will be coming in the event of a resolution you like. You would stipulate this. e.g. so and so gets a prison sentence etc.

Bit of a stupid thing to do, probably some poor person who is not the the villain will get "fitted up" and you end up paying for nothing.

Well the perpetrator was identified, held no ID card and taken to the Police station, then left to sit in the waiting room where they did a runner. The Police didnt even have their name or anything. Anyway I saw the perpetrator again and confiscated their bike, took it to the Police station. Inside the bike were lots of stolen credit cards, driving licences etc etc. The first Police man was helpful and said I should make a report, but the second one I saw didnt make a report or anything just said leave it with us. By the way I had a Thai person with me at the station.

I cant beleive the Police are so incompetent here.. but wait this is Thailand:-O They made no arrest they didnt have the perpatrators name, they left the perpatrator to just sit casually, they just dont seem to care. Just thought is it worth pursuing and complaining and to make sure the is no skulduggery or should I offer the Police a nice bribe to get things moving (yeh right, like Im going to give those numskulls my money)

Well the perpetrator was identified, held no ID card and taken to the Police station, then left to sit in the waiting room where they did a runner. The Police didnt even have their name or anything. Anyway I saw the perpetrator again and confiscated their bike, took it to the Police station. Inside the bike were lots of stolen credit cards, driving licences etc etc. The first Police man was helpful and said I should make a report, but the second one I saw didnt make a report or anything just said leave it with us. By the way I had a Thai person with me at the station.

I cant beleive the Police are so incompetent here.. but wait this is Thailand:-O They made no arrest they didnt have the perpatrators name, they left the perpatrator to just sit casually, they just dont seem to care. Just thought is it worth pursuing and complaining and to make sure the is no skulduggery or should I offer the Police a nice bribe to get things moving (yeh right, like Im going to give those numskulls my money)

That does sound incompetent. Try the tourist police instead of Soi 9 next time if you are somehow involved in the confrontation/crime, as they seem to be able to encroach on Soi 9's jurisdiction in ways I don't fully comprehend, when they want to. Even the guys working out of Jomtien police shoebox seem to do a decent job in massively trying circumstances.

That does sound incompetent. Try the tourist police instead of Soi 9 next time if you are somehow involved in the confrontation/crime, as they seem to be able to encroach on Soi 9's jurisdiction in ways I don't fully comprehend, when they want to. Even the guys working out of Jomtien police shoebox seem to do a decent job in massively trying circumstances.

Went to the Tourist Police and spoke to one of the guys there who was very abrubt and did not want to listen. I asked what was the purpose of the Tourist Police, he just looked at me blank.

Also went to the British Consul and they told me to forget it.

What is the pupose of the Police force in Pattaya or even Thailand - To make as much money as they can. Scary really that the Police force in Pattaya is so corrupt.

Nice country, shame about some or most of the peoples view on Farang and money. Nothing like other parts of South East Asia.

i have had 1 incident when i reported something to the police, 3 yrs ago an old french guy was sitting on the beach in pattaya, i thought he looked suspicious, me and the girlfriend watched him, 5 mins later he was masterbating over children swimming and playing near him, i approache dhim and was going to knock seven bells out of the beast but my thai g/f wouldnt let me so i took her to the police box near walking st, i told her to tell the cops what this animal was doing she was reluctant at first but she eventually told them, their response was to laugh and giggle with each other.

bloody joke !! oh well , mai pen rai

i have had 1 incident when i reported something to the police, 3 yrs ago an old french guy was sitting on the beach in pattaya, i thought he looked suspicious, me and the girlfriend watched him, 5 mins later he was masterbating over children swimming and playing near him, i approache dhim and was going to knock seven bells out of the beast but my thai g/f wouldnt let me so i took her to the police box near walking st, i told her to tell the cops what this animal was doing she was reluctant at first but she eventually told them, their response was to laugh and giggle with each other.

should have done it :)

Ahh, you did see one of the true Pattaya Gentlemen then.....

try the tourist police again. I have a lady friend who works beach op soi yamoto, if she has a problem with a farang she calls a farang volunteer she is friends with and hes there within minutes, they go to the farangs room and give him a choice of 500b now or 5000 at the police station, it works everytime and she is very happy with him, I will try and find his name for you

try the tourist police again. I have a lady friend who works beach op soi yamoto, if she has a problem with a farang she calls a farang volunteer she is friends with and hes there within minutes, they go to the farangs room and give him a choice of 500b now or 5000 at the police station, it works everytime and she is very happy with him, I will try and find his name for you

Interesting.

Perhaps a senior FTPV board member can comment on this in the context of FTPV operating procedures? :)

I happened to be in the Jomtien police office yesterday where I witnessed a first world family making a damage related plea to a 3rd world police officer who was doing his best to keep from laughing.

During the same visit, a 41 year old Brit announced to the same 3rd world police officer that he would be soon hearing from the Brit's attorney. I was trying my best to keep from laughing.

I happened to be in the Jomtien police office yesterday where I witnessed a first world family making a damage related plea to a 3rd world police officer who was doing his best to keep from laughing.

During the same visit, a 41 year old Brit announced to the same 3rd world police officer that he would be soon hearing from the Brit's attorney. I was trying my best to keep from laughing.

And where did they ship the "3rd world police officer" in from?

So criminal told to go and sit on a bench to be dealt with later and the cop's surprised he just walked out, in the coerce of my employment I have had to work on many police stations can remember holding cells with benches that had hooks that could be used to handcuff villains to the bench.

Maybe you should have taken the villain to the immigration (Jomtien, Soi 5) who seem to deal with all sorts of crime these days and take crime more seriously, they also have a secure holding cell parked outside (most days) where villains can be left to sweat it out :)

Normally when you go in Soi 9 Howard or one of his henchmen pounce on you.

Get a length of chain & a padlock in case you see the perps bike again. I would have a way of disabling it. Superglue in the ignition comes to mind. Carry a set of nung chuks.

Ironically, it's Nils's lot in the nick, Howards on Walking Street.