Commercial Printer, Bangkok.

quote:

Does anyone know of a good commercial printer in Bangkok??? I've e-mailed a few but you've guessed it... no reply!

I know TIT but <deleted>, dont they want the work???

:)

You're making Farang judgements there.

They may not know how to reply to your e-mails.

Their English may be inadequate to answer your requests (don't want to lose face.)

They may be sure about the "logistics" of accepting/delivering a large foriegn (assuming it is) order.

A lot of older Thai companies still do most of their busines "person to person" in customer meetings.

Try contacting them via telephone or in person if possible.

Yes, TIT.

:D

quote:

Does anyone know of a good commercial printer in Bangkok??? I've e-mailed a few but you've guessed it... no reply!

I know TIT but <deleted>, dont they want the work???

:)

You're making Farang judgements there.

They may not know how to reply to your e-mails.

Their English may be inadequate to answer your requests (don't want to lose face.)

They may be sure about the "logistics" of accepting/delivering a large foriegn (assuming it is) order.

A lot of older Thai companies still do most of their busines "person to person" in customer meetings.

Try contacting them via telephone or in person if possible.

Yes, TIT.

Sorry but that doesn't fly.

Two of the companies have websites in English and offer services to UK, Europe and Usa. They are printing companies and if working in a global market, as they proport to do, they should have staff who speak english. Is it not the global business language?

I also advised them that the order would be collected as Bangkok is the destination, so no "logistics" issues either.

Can you seriously mean that someone from the UK or USA should travel here to hand in artwork, hang around to wait for proofs and only then return to their own country hoping no more 'face to face' meetings are required?

Not what these companies say on their website.

E-mails containing files with detailed instructions need to be exchanged sometimes numerous times for adjustments and proofing when bringing a project to print.

Two e-mails to the two largest companies in a week and no reply of any kind. How can I give detailed instructions over the telephone?

Thailand is not a backwater, it is the attitude of many of it's companies that give it that appearance.

Try Scandmedia (google for it). Medium quality for a medium price.

I've tried a few so-called 'high end' printers in Bangkok and always been disapointed with the results.

Thanks for the heads up Crushdepth.

Receipt for received e-mail by return, call 10mins later from pleasant English speaking staff member, proof of artwork turnaround in 24hrs and delivery in 4days for 10,000 units. outstanding!

:):D:D