Extension On Non-imm. B Visa Without Work Permit

Hi TV'ers. I know this question must have been asked before, but if it has, I have not been able to find it in the forums, so I hope you will kindly excuse the redundancy, if any.

I have a non-immigrant "b" visa which was appropriately sponsored by a prospective employer. However, the employer did not want to pursue the work permit and absorb the costs involved and, consequently, the employment thing did not work out. Thus, I can't go the usual route of applying for my work permit as I no longer have a sponsoring employer. Most questions and responses that I have seen here with regard to a NI "B" visa address the issue of work permits, but this is no longer applicable to me.

Therefore, my question is: Can I get an extension on my NI B visa without leaving the country, or will I have to go out and get a tourist visa? If I can extend, where do I go in BKK? (I have seen threads about the new immigration office in Chang Wattana, and also the "1-stop" visa office.) If I have to go out, what is, currently, the recommended place to do it? I'm in Bangkok.

Many thanks for any input and advice you can provide.

Cheers

Your stay can not be extended without work and if a single entry visa it has been used and you will not be able to obtain another without an offer of employment; and in most cases a receipt for work permit application. The most you could obtain would be a two entry tourist visa from Vientiane without additional paperwork.

thanks very much for the feedback, lopburi3, although it's certainly not the news i was hoping to hear. i thought i may be able to extend the visa for at least a month or so until i confirm new employment and apply for the work permit. and yes, it is a single entry visa.