Bittorent Not Connecting

Sabum

So installed win7 and installed the latest bittorent, loaded all my torrents into it.... and they all have red arrows, I tried downloading 2 new torrents and they are stuck at red arrows too. Been using bittorent for years and never had a connection problem. Tried to troubleshoot it but the bittorent site and preferences is way more confusing than it needs to be. My internet connection is fine, also the red arrows dont change regardless of whether I have windows firewall up or not, bittorent is of course on the exceptions list and I am currently not using any 3rd party antivirus software..... any ideas?

It might have to do with your installation of Win7. If you still have the "old" installation (XP? Vista?) check there and if everything works fine, Win7 is the cause.

Some ISPs block certain ports. Try changing the port # of your connections. Some ISPs do "traffic shaping" which includes "deep inspection" of the packets going in and out. If there is a way to work around this, I am not aware of it.

HTH

Hi.

As you have replaced your Windows version you may have to allow BitTorrent through the Windows Firewall. I don't know how exactly it would work in Windows 7 but the Firewall and it's settings are available from the Control Panel.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Hi.

As you have replaced your Windows version you may have to allow BitTorrent through the Windows Firewall. I don't know how exactly it would work in Windows 7 but the Firewall and it's settings are available from the Control Panel.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Ya I said in my first post that I allowed it through the firewall and even completely disabled it to try. Nothing worked.

Hi.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Ya I said in my first post that I allowed it through the firewall and even completely disabled it to try. Nothing worked.

switch to utorrent 2.0 will setup itself up just fill in the blanks in setup guide.