Self Drive Light Removals Rentals

Marisa

Hi

Wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable but reasonably priced company that rents out small/medium vans (preferably bigger than those space wagons etc) but not quite a household removals van that I could hire to drive up there. I am moving from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and would like to drive from BKK up to Chiang Mai but return the vehicle there. I have about a studio apartment's worth of stuff.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Marisa

Hmmm, haven't seen much in the way of "cargo" vans for rent. You could, tho, rent a regular passenger van such as a Toyota HiAce or Commuter, for about baht 2,000 per day. If with a driver to return it to Bangkok, that'd be baht 4,000, plus fuel, of course.

Do a Google for: toyota hiace rental bangkok

Budget seems to have such but the drop-off fee for a one day rental is high: http://www.hotelthailand.com/carrental/budget.html

Mac

Hi Mac

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm happy to do the driving myself (part of the experience!) but yeah the van thing is a bit harder to sort. I will try what you suggested.

Thanks a lot.

Marisa

Marisa

Hmmm, haven't seen much in the way of "cargo" vans for rent. You could, tho, rent a regular passenger van such as a Toyota HiAce or Commuter, for about baht 2,000 per day. If with a driver to return it to Bangkok, that'd be baht 4,000, plus fuel, of course.

Do a Google for: toyota hiace rental bangkok

Budget seems to have such but the drop-off fee for a one day rental is high: http://www.hotelthailand.com/carrental/budget.html

Mac