Us Tax Forms Available In Cm Consulate?

jaideeguy

I need some of the basic US tax forms and instructions that always used to be available in the waiting room. Made the long trip into CM only to be turned away by the guards because it wasn't an official day.

Then went to the website and it said they were no longer available for lack of space [2sq mtrs on a wall].

Has anyone been in lately and seen the tax forms or know where to get them here in CM??

Yeah, I did go to the IRS website and can download it all, but I'm getting them for my 90 yr old father that likes the old fashioned 'hold in your hand' paper versions.....even tho I tell him that thousands of trees are sacraficed for the printed word.

Thanks

I use my Thai address when I file, and every year they send me the tax forms by mail. I usually don't get it until mid or end of February, and I haven't gotten it yet. If you/your father filed last year and used your Thai address, there is a good chance you will also get it by mail. Just wait a few more weeks. I don't know about if you e-filed as I have never done it that way.

I e-file and have not received any forms for many years but can't remember if I made a formal response that they were not required at some point or not.

As said you can download and print the forms. Or perhaps better yet you could take care of it for him and file online (if he will allow it).

If you want to file paper believe TaxAct is free and prints out the paperwork for you to mail (or may be all on-line now). I use it to file on-line and costs me $9.95 each year on early order but used free for first several years. To me the price it right so happy to pay.